Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am sure there are people who have got Football Manager on their machine. The simplest cheat I can find is Save the game, before playing the match, and if you don't win re-load the game, re-jig the team, or team-talk, or tactics, and play it again. I have done this a couple of times on FM21, and currently sit 2nd in the table.

(I am not telling who I am managing)

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just back from France where we had one hell of a time, experienced the whole range of emotions associated with being a football supporter, before, perhaps predictably, being sent home "Tae think again

I've had plenty of banter with Bradford City fans this season but today I stand with them to remember ?  

Dead chuffed for City. What a trophy haul! I did feel sorry for Watford, though. If they had buried that first chance, it could have been different. Once they had to take the game to City, though

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I am sure there are people who have got Football Manager on their machine. The simplest cheat I can find is Save the game, before playing the match, and if you don't win re-load the game, re-jig the team, or team-talk, or tactics, and play it again. I have done this a couple of times on FM21, and currently sit 2nd in the table.

(I am not telling who I am managing)

When will we get an equivalent RL Manager game?

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man City 1 - 2 Leeds 

Dallas grabs late winner for 10 man Leeds. A fantastic defensive effort in the second half. A real captain’s performance scoring both goals from Dallas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 17:28, Bleep1673 said:

I am sure there are people who have got Football Manager on their machine. The simplest cheat I can find is Save the game, before playing the match, and if you don't win re-load the game, re-jig the team, or team-talk, or tactics, and play it again. I have done this a couple of times on FM21, and currently sit 2nd in the table.

(I am not telling who I am managing)

I did enjoy the old Championship Manager with not as much on it as the new games. But i haven’t played Football Manager for years, but when i was playing it it did take over my life a bit. I would disappear for hours and the girlfriend would shout “are you still on that ###### football”. So id say to here “listen whilst you are watching your ######, im going to try and steer Leigh RMI out of the conference league thank you v much”. At time’s id think id been on the game two hours but id been on it about 6hrs. The girlfriend used to say to me at times, “you do know you were talking in your sleep last night about a left defender and a central defender you want to sign”. I said to her “listen love these are the sacrifices you have to give up when your boyfriend is the manager of a football club. Why don’t you become a manager of a club as well”. 
Happy days 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Josef K said:

I did enjoy the old Championship Manager with not as much on it as the new games. But i haven’t played Football Manager for years, but when i was playing it it did take over my life a bit. I would disappear for hours and the girlfriend would shout “are you still on that ###### football”. So id say to here “listen whilst you are watching your ######, im going to try and steer Leigh RMI out of the conference league thank you v much”. At time’s id think id been on the game two hours but id been on it about 6hrs. The girlfriend used to say to me at times, “you do know you were talking in your sleep last night about a left defender and a central defender you want to sign”. I said to her “listen love these are the sacrifices you have to give up when your boyfriend is the manager of a football club. Why don’t you become a manager of a club as well”. 
Happy days 

Sounds like me at the height of my airlines manager obsession. I've managed to break the obsession these days and haven't played it for quite a while but at the height I would spend hours analysing potential routes to purchase and working out different seat configurations for different planes, studying financial statements and budgeting every little aspect of the airline. At one point I even had spreadsheet documents on my computer documenting every aircraft I had (something like 800) related to the routes (about 1,000) which they flew comparing it to passengers numbers and potential future passengers, cross referenced and compared to other aircraft types and different seat configurations to work out whether I was flying the most cost efficient aircraft and where I could save money on things such as cheaper food and drink, fuel economy and duty free sales without damaging passenger demand etc. etc. 

It can be very easy for a game to take over your life. I was probably talking in my sleep, "Embraer 190-80 economy-uses a lot of fuel, Boeing 757-150 economy-20 business-cheap to buy, Manchester to Moscow-high demand, Belfast to Perpignon-low demand" 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Josef K said:

I did enjoy the old Championship Manager with not as much on it as the new games. But i haven’t played Football Manager for years, but when i was playing it it did take over my life a bit. I would disappear for hours and the girlfriend would shout “are you still on that ###### football”. So id say to here “listen whilst you are watching your ######, im going to try and steer Leigh RMI out of the conference league thank you v much”. At time’s id think id been on the game two hours but id been on it about 6hrs. The girlfriend used to say to me at times, “you do know you were talking in your sleep last night about a left defender and a central defender you want to sign”. I said to her “listen love these are the sacrifices you have to give up when your boyfriend is the manager of a football club. Why don’t you become a manager of a club as well”. 
Happy days 

Very similar scenario with Brian Lara cricket. I could sit for days and think it was a few hours. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With Football Manager have you got to spend more time sorting out the players training regime etc etc. I think that was the reason i stopped playing the game, along with spending far too long on it.
Does anyone remember before the football manager game’s on computer the dice game “Logacta Football”, which required a fair bit of writing and lots of dice ?. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Does anyone remember before the football manager game’s on computer the dice game “Logacta Football”, which required a fair bit of writing and lots of dice ?. 

Never heard of it myself, but you aren't the only one to remember Logacta.

 

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Josef K said:

With Football Manager have you got to spend more time sorting out the players training regime etc etc. I think that was the reason i stopped playing the game, along with spending far too long on it.
Does anyone remember before the football manager game’s on computer the dice game “Logacta Football”, which required a fair bit of writing and lots of dice ?. 

As a youngster, I used to write team names on strips of paper and place them in one 'hat' and the write other strips with numbers, draw the FA Cup ties and then draw the scores. As things progressed over the next couple of years, it became more complicated, with a weighting system in favour of league status, home advantage or whether it was Leeds United (who I gave a 2 goal penalty to each game for being Leeds).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Never heard of it myself, but you aren't the only one to remember Logacta.

 

Blimey Futtocks i don’t know how you managed to find that. I have just watched the whole 18mins of the thrilling FA Cup matches he did. It was a mate when i was a little lad who had the Logacta, there are so many dices and different things he has to do. I don’t think i’ll watch him do the whole of a premier season, although if it helps me nod off tonight i might listen to the thrills and spills. 
myself i preferred the League Ladders from (Shoot) i think it was and then you could make your own league’s up. 
as we’re on about football it looks as if Wigan Athletic could pull off a great escape while Sunderland bottle it. As for John Sheridan and Swindon Town i still can’t believe Swindon made him their manager. I do wonder how some of these managers keep being offered jobs, like Sheridan & Mark Hughes. But what a Job Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink has done at Burton, and what has happened to Doncaster Rovers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Norwich back in the Premier League,  fantastic,  that's one of next season's relegation places sorted.

It looks like WAFC have avoided the drop with their win against Crewe, Yo Yo Northampton looked doomed and it looks all over for Joey Barton’s Gas. 
A great win for Grimsby against Bolton who really will be kicking themselves with that loss against the Mariners. 
As for the National League it’s a battle between Hartlepool, Sutton, Torquay for first place. But are Sutton willing to dig up their 4g pitch too move into Lge2 if they go up, is it worth it financially if they’re only up one season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Manchester City won’t be making history and achieving the Quadruple this year.

To be fair, it’s an achievement to be on course for it so late in the season.

It was a disappointing FA Cup semi final yesterday, but I don’t think many people will argue that Chelsea didn’t deserve to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

So Manchester City won’t be making history and achieving the Quadruple this year.

To be fair, it’s an achievement to be on course for it so late in the season.

It was a disappointing FA Cup semi final yesterday, but I don’t think many people will argue that Chelsea didn’t deserve to win.

Yes, they did indeed deserve to win, no argument. This is a new, different and improved Chelsea.

Guardiola makes 8 changes,  expects team still to perform, and rejects any criticism that his team selection was in any way to blame.   In any case, the talk of a quadruple didn't come from him.  Its almost as if he was saying, " All four trophies? I'll show you why not!"

  • Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Spurs fan I feel that Manchester City have already bagged the League Cup, got no confidence in Mourinho. His last chance I feel to get a trophy at Spurs. Next season either Herr Nagelsmann or Flick will be at the Lane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yes, they did indeed deserve to win, no argument. This is a new, different and improved Chelsea.

Guardiola makes 8 changes,  expects team still to perform, and rejects any criticism that his team selection was in any way to blame.   In any case, the talk of a quadruple didn't come from him.  Its almost as if he was saying, " All four trophies? I'll show you why not!"

Yes, I agree there were a lot of changes although I would say that Manchester City do have a lot of depth in their squad to fill in.

Probably goalkeeper was the weak point yesterday in terms of replacement and a seemingly out of form Raheem Sterling who struggled to provide any spark in possession.  

I reckon the biggest worry has to be Kevin De Bruyne’s ankle injury.  If it’s serious it could yet have serious repercussions for the Champions League bid.

From an England perspective for the Euros, it’s really been a very mixed bag in less than a fortnight.  Kane, Sterling and maybe Stones are concerns again.  Mount continues his rise, Bellingham too and Alexander Arnold recapturing form.

 

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

As a Spurs fan I feel that Manchester City have already bagged the League Cup, got no confidence in Mourinho. His last chance I feel to get a trophy at Spurs. Next season either Herr Nagelsmann or Flick will be at the Lane.

Agree that Mourinho is now struggling and Harry Kane will be a big miss too if his ankle injury is serious.

I think Tottenham would have a lot of competition in Europe for Nagelsmann.

Flick too will have a lot of suitors and may even fancy a pop at winning a World Cup with Germany after things turned sour at Bayern Munich.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the European super league idea raises its head again.  The top clubs want more of a slice of the big money.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2021 at 17:55, Josef K said:

With Football Manager have you got to spend more time sorting out the players training regime etc etc. I think that was the reason i stopped playing the game, along with spending far too long on it.
Does anyone remember before the football manager game’s on computer the dice game “Logacta Football”, which required a fair bit of writing and lots of dice ?. 

There’s player and team training, setting up the tactics and set pieces, hiring and firing your back room staff and scouts etc.

On the early versions you could do most of a season in an afternoon. Now it takes all afternoon just to do pre season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're weary of modern football and the ESL fiasco, watch the documentary about Derry City FC on iPlayer. It's glorious.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

It's been a weird few hours on planet soccer.... but....

Partick Thistle just gone top of L1.....

Impressed eh? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Up the jags

Their terrifying mascot will be ... pleased?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2021 at 10:04, HawkMan said:

As a Spurs fan I feel that Manchester City have already bagged the League Cup, got no confidence in Mourinho. His last chance I feel to get a trophy at Spurs. Next season either Herr Nagelsmann or Flick will be at the Lane.

Well he missed that chance too. Where next for The Special One? Grimsby?

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...