Football

2 hours ago, yanto said:

More to think about..How will Brexit affect the Kolpack ruling which allows players from the Pacific Islands under ACP / Association Agreements with the EU to play in the UK.

Will all the PI guys in Super League be under threat ???

Cricket and union also have a lot of ACP players playing in the UK .

ACP contracts will not be affected, as they are not part of EU, as discussed elsewhere, Britain & EU contracts may be affected, so any football, league, union, ice hockey or other sports persons may have to negotiate a new contract before, as will any EU nationals Playing/working in UK

One European (uefa) rule I would like to see the back of is no top flight games allowed live on tv when Champions League games are played. 

I missed the Man City game 2 weeks ago and this week there are no Scottish cup replays on tv. 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, gingerjon said:

Are Cardiff still owned by the kind of businessman who would renege on a deal in the hope that the embarrassment of publicly asking for a dead man's transfer fee would mean he could trouser the cash?

Are you suggesting that Cardiff might welsh on a deal?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:39 AM, ivans82 said:

Liverpool wobbling Utd look a good bet this weekend , this is the big test for Liverpool lose and they could collapse , think this game will define their season .

Did you have a bet?

United were unlucky with the injuries. They had the best chances.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’ve never seen a player refuse to come off the pitch , and publicly disrespect his manager . Shocking . Whatever they think of Sarri they must back him here and throw the book at that clown 

I love it when Chelsea fall apart. It's delicious.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

180 minutes of top games today, no goals. Pretty disappointing stuff from these four teams. 

Imagine the meltdown if this was RL.

I enjoyed the penalties.

In Scotland Livi won for the first time this year so a decent weekend.

Personally i would do away with penalty shoot outs . After 90 mins , they should play until the next goal and they would be the winners , however long it takes .people argue this is no argument as the match could go on indefinitely ,but if both Teams knew that before kick-off they might actually try to win the game in 90 mins rather than bore the pants off everybody and settle for a dull draw and then pens .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Personally i would do away with penalty shoot outs . After 90 mins , they should play until the next goal and they would be the winners , however long it takes .people argue this is no argument as the match could go on indefinitely ,but if both Teams knew that before kick-off they might actually try to win the game in 90 mins rather than bore the pants off everybody and settle for a dull draw and then pens .

I would open up the game, so draws are less likely. A few tweeks in the playing dimensions, including larger goals might help. The average footballer is much taller now than a century ago, they're also fitter and faster.

However, as long as soccer  remains the most popular sport, there is little chance of more major rule changes.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Everton still wouldn’t hit them . Even if you took the goalie out

True, but if you brought Dixie Dean back and in his prime, he have scored at least 120 goals in one season, even with 21 Fatty Foulke's in goal.

• Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

In Ice Hockey, if it is still equal after regulation (60mins) they take a player off from each side, maybe if they took 2 players off from each side in football, and made it 9-a-side, you might get a bit more action from those idlers who are just passing the time.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, ivans82 said:

how a about keep playing for golden goal  but every 90 seconds a hooter goes and a player has to leave the pitch from each side until only the 2 keepers are left

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Spot on Johnny have championed this before , my idea was every 5 mins a player must go off , but number of the player coming off is passed to the 4th official by the manager/coach in an envelope or whatever  so as neither manager knows who from the opposition is coming off . Bit of jeopardy and tactics will come to the fore .

No team is going to attack once they start losing players. The ball would find its way to a corner flag and stay there for thirty minutes.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Why not introduce a bit of jeopardy into extra time?

After 5 minutes of extra time the ref should blow his whistle to stop the game.  

the ref should blow his whistle to stop the game after 5 minutes of normal time, that  would be even better in my book.

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile