23 Jul: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't be a deliberate knock on though

I know that and you know that but the planks on commentary need something to waffle about - otherwise they might actually have to just call the game

I know that and you know that but the planks on commentary need something to waffle about - otherwise they might actually have to just call the game

Aye, I think in hindsight Eddie was probably talking sense and disagreeing with stevo...as long as the defender was onside you cant penalise him for having a bash

It won't be a popular comment, but Hull look like a side who won their big game last week.

Looks that way . You do worry that teams who just secure their SL status have little to play for now , with fading hope of making the top 4 ? Be interesting how this super 8 works in practice

Can FC even mathematically make the 4 with 22 points?

Yes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I wonder how many Wigan tries tonight have come off the back of penalties against watts

Yes, he's been something of a gift hasn't he?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Not a bad time for Wigan to learn that they can win away from home.

Indeed. Shame all those black & white-clad Wigan fans did 'the walk' so early. ;) 

Seriously though, HFC had some very good passages of play and got close to the tryline a few times without getting over. Probably deserved a slightly closer final score.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seriously though, HFC had some very good passages of play and got close to the tryline a few times without getting over. Probably deserved a slightly closer final score.

Lol, patronising much?

Score was a fair reflection Imo....hull were knackered and half asleep and got dicked by a much better team on the night

Lol, patronising much?

Score was a fair reflection Imo....hull were knackered and half asleep and got dicked by a much better team on the night

Not patronising at all - they got very close and, on another night, would have got a couple more. I'm not saying they were good enough to win tonight, because Wigan were better in attack and defence, but the score difference is harsh.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It won't be a popular comment, but Hull look like a side who won their big game last week.

My biggest fear before tonight's game was that the players would be in exactly that frame of mind. The lack of intensity in defence, particularly goal line defence, showed that the team just weren't ready for it mentally. You could tell by Wigan's approach early on that they were well aware that it would the case too. Pretty much anybody would have beaten Hull tonight.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Solid performance from wigan, did the basics well as well as trying the fancy stuff, which they haven't seemed to have done all Season. Not hull's best game but they've a lot of talent and they're not out of contention for the top 4.

hull have no chance of reaching the top four they would have to win all their games :shout: i think wigan need to win four from there 7 to be ok.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived