1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 poimnts or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 poimnts or more

minimal changes required. Williams has to go for his own sake, Smith the safe option to replace him - worked well last year.

Cudjoe in for Bateman 

Ferres for Whitehead

Bateman to the bench 

I'd be tempted to to put westwood on the bench for cooper who isnt international standard by any stretch.

McGillvary for Burgess is a much of muchness swap, so probably keep it the same so there arent too many changes.

Hardaker

Burgess, Cudjoe, Watkins, Hall

Widdop, Smith

Graham, Hodgson, Hill

Ferres, Farrell

O'Loughlin

Roby, Burgess, Westwood, Bateman

Ill go for England by 8

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

minimal changes required. Williams has to go for his own sake, Smith the safe option to replace him - worked well last year.

Cudjoe in for Bateman 

Ferres for Whitehead

Bateman to the bench 

I'd be tempted to to put westwood on the bench for cooper who isnt international standard by any stretch.

McGillvary for Burgess is a much of muchness swap, so probably keep it the same so there arent too many changes.

Hardaker

Burgess, Cudjoe, Watkins, Hall

Widdop, Smith

Graham, Hodgson, Hill

Ferres, Farrell

O'Loughlin

Roby, Burgess, Westwood, Bateman

Ill go for England by 8

generally agree but think McG offers a bit more strength/power than Burgess that may make a slight difference (if he ever gets the ball!!!) Also - do we need 4 second rows? I'd swap one for a prop, meaning we'd lose either Bateman or Farrell which I could live with

generally agree but think McG offers a bit more strength/power than Burgess that may make a slight difference (if he ever gets the ball!!!) Also - do we need 4 second rows? I'd swap one for a prop, meaning we'd lose either Bateman or Farrell which I could live with

Id probably rather have McG than Burgess but I was swaying against it to prevent too many changes.

Westwood can play in the middle and judging by squad numbers will be doing so at Warrington next year. Much rather him in the middle than cooper.

3736-mipm.gif

I hope James Graham has had extensive medical tests after being knocked out cold.

The number of times he has been concussed in the NRL then cynically been allowed to play on is sickenning.

Why he was allowed to play on last week with his head injury history I'll never understand.

From an opposition supporter point of veiw, I really admire the guy, he's the toughest player on the planet IMO.

It worries me that he looks like one of these Mohammad Ali characters, too brave for their own good.

Somehow it looks like he keeps slipping through the cracks ? under the new focus of head injury prevention the game plan s meant to be exercising a duty of care with.

McNamara has generally been a fairly conservative coach and I imagine he will probably stick with the same team again this week. Having said that, the lack of creativity in London was a concern and i'd be very tempted to give Gale a go in the halves. Similarly Cudjoe might offer a bit more of an attacking threat ahead of Bateman, albeit Bateman has been fairly solid so far. Cudjoe has also played most of his rugby at right centre, where Watkins is a shoe-in which might be a factor in the decision. However, the kiwis haven't offered much threat in the centres and therefore there's no reason to be too defensive in this area.

I'd also be tempted to pick Westwood ahead of Whitehead who has so far struggled to make much of an impact at international level. Westwood is a proven performer vs NZ and Aus and makes things happen with a big run, an offload, a big hit etc. We need sparks like this to try and break the deadlock that we saw last week.

I'd also be tempted to give Jerry a run on the wing. Burgess hasn't done anything wrong, but he hasn't excelled either and i think McGillivary deserves a spot after the season he has had.

1. Hardaker

2. Hall

3. Watkins

4. Cudjoe

5. McGillivary

6. Gale

7. Widdop

8. Hill

9. Roby

10. Graham

11. Farrell

12. Westwood

13. O'loughlin

14. Hodgson

15. Burgess

16. Cooper

17. Ferres

Not read all the posts just opened this thread, but once again we have poster's who recognise the good work that player's have done all season and wish to reward them for that, so why play them out of position, in this back line the choice is 2. Hall, 3. Watkins, 4. Cudjoe, 5. McGillivray, players and outside backs especially have a preference and have honed their skills in receiving and passing the ball in a particular direction, and in defending knowing how to slide and come in or stay back so why ask them to do what is completely opposite, in this selection only Watkins is in his accustomed position.

Pick them in their correct positions, better to have 3 from 4 doing what they are used to doing instead of 1 from 4 isn't it? in those split second moments when everything matters familiarity really does matter.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Weather forecast suggests it could be pretty awful conditions in the north west on Saturday. Definitely needs watching if you are towards the front!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Weather forecast suggests it could be pretty awful conditions in the north west on Saturday. Definitely needs watching if you are towards the front!

Sounds like a great day to have a game like last weeks.

Grind out a win......

Fantastic news.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

To be fair, this is what texts from my Mum look like.

I HAVE A CUSTOMER THAT SENDS EMAILS LIKE THIS, ALL 50 LINES OF IT.

HE PAYS FULL PRICE FOR HIS STUFF  ;)

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Cudjoe for Bateman was a popular one as well but looks like that aint gonna happen. The fact Smith and McG are in there suggests they might get a start. Smith is a must now for me. Rest may as well stay the same with maybe McG coming in.

A little disappointed not to see Westwood. Think thats his international career done now, and a decent one at that.

3736-mipm.gif

A little disappointed not to see Westwood. Think thats his international career done now, and a decent one at that.

Agree. I can only assume McNamara is looking to the future as it's hard to imagine that Whitehead can be considered a better player than Westwood on their respective showings in an England shirt so far.

Agree. I can only assume McNamara is looking to the future as it's hard to imagine that Whitehead can be considered a better player than Westwood on their respective showings in an England shirt so far.

I think Whitehead has probably shaded Westwood in SL this season, but I think Ww has more in the locker to be able to compete at this level at the moment. Whitehead will be better for the experience though and the NRL move. I expect him to be a premier second rower next year (unless Sam plays there!)

3736-mipm.gif

I think Whitehead has probably shaded Westwood in SL this season, but I think Ww has more in the locker to be able to compete at this level at the moment. Whitehead will be better for the experience though and the NRL move. I expect him to be a premier second rower next year (unless Sam plays there!)

Agree. I think that whilst Whitehead has been good for Catalans, and Westwood has been more inconsistent, Westwood is the sort of player that relishes the big occasion. The bigger the match, the bigger performance, and he has certainly been one of England's better players in the last 5 years and can reflect on a good international career. Hopefully Whitehead will kick on next year and provide good options in the back row along with O'Loughlin, Currie, Bateman, Burgess, Farrell, Greenwood etc

Jerry for Burgess and Smith for Williams were two of the most popular changes that people were suggesting on here so must make sense to some people?

May be wrong and can't be bothered looking back but I think Smith was the last person most people wanted to see. Gale, yes but not Smith.

Not feeling good about Saturday now.

There is the possibility of Roby starting and Smith to the bench with Hodgson missing out. Williams can spell Roby if things aren't working out and Smith can slot into the halves. Roby also has the gas to do 80 if required.

I can't see Hodgson missing out tbh. I think his distribution has been much better than Roby's so far this tournament.

So he brings in another winger , but not another centre , and Matty Smith ahead of Gale , who has earned his stripes this year . As usual with McNamara , bemused ...

You never know, he could be thinking of playing J. Burgess at centre.

Three test series are difficult. If you havent played in the three England games so far, it is difficult to see you being brought in for the decider. A winger is maybe ok.

Its where full tours, or in-season tests work as players are staying match fit. It is also interesting to see if players can force their way in the first 17.

Archived