League Express Tweeting that they have story that will rock the sport

Maybe Marc green should prioritise on his own club and leave the RFL to investigate further

Making this public knowledge is a disgrace and demonstrates the severe dangers the bulls are in rather than Salford

If you read the article, Marc Green didn't make this public knowledge, League Express did. Marc Green has refused to comment on this publicly to date.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read the article, Marc Green didn't make this public knowledge, League Express did. Marc Green has refused to comment on this publicly to date.

In that case league express should leave the topic to the RFL instead of bringing negative to our sport right at the start of the biggest super league season in history

Sensationalism to sell papers I buy anyway

Koukash has said they have already been cleared in court about this. Is that true? If so, another non-story.

He's referring to the Puletua employment tribunal, though why he thinks that is relevant to the salary cap is anybody's guess.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Koukash has said they have already been cleared in court about this. Is that true? If so, another non-story.

As has possibly already been posted employment tribunals do not have anything to do with the Salary Cap, that is policed by the governing body, The RFL.  However what came out in the employment tribunal I am sure will be included in any RFL investigation.

Here we go again .....

I wasn't suggesting that Bradford can't complain because they breached the cap, more that I thought there were pretty much automatic sanctions that would be brought against teams in breach, in line with the severity of the breach.

Genuinely didn't think you were, but I don't doubt that some others might take that view.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Surely there is no discretion - the rules must be crystal clear as to what constitutes a breach and its implications. It's been a while but I recall there were points deductions depending on how heinous the breach was. Didn't Bradford themselves get fined one year?

mmmmm maybe wishful thinking depending upon how one wants to pursue or if one wants to take it to the ultimate test. That is whether a salary cap is anti-competitive and if such hinders player as in employee movement.

Of course one would think that in joining a competition as in say SL or any RFL competition it is sufficient to have to accept the rules if want to join.  However I would guess that would not be sufficient as you are being forced to accept an anti-competitive restriction if it is proven to be anti-competitive. 

Of course it never tested because clubs, players etc co-operate with it and its too expensive to bother testing in law.  Never-the-less if somebody with huge amounts of money and didn't care about his fellow clubs wanted to test it because of a heavy handed ruling that he fundamental didn't agree with then whose knows what the outcome would be.

Always best to come to a amicable agreement so its never put to the test.

No but I'd like to see positive reporting and editorials from a much loved publication

Sensational headlines to the negative disrupt the positive journey we are on

The season is about to start...all you'll hear is doom & gloom..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

That's my point

League express should be shouting the positives of the game from the rooftops

A weaker salford is a weaker sport

Whose to say it doesn't - there are dozens of stories in the League Express this week, are they all negatives? It's a newspaper, not a PR arm of the RFL - I do think the tone of the LE is usually positive, especially in it's editorials. Bare in mind LE is also preaching to the converted.

SQL Honours

Of course one would think that in joining a competition as in say SL or any RFL competition it is sufficient to have to accept the rules if want to join.  However I would guess that would not be sufficient as you are being forced to accept an anti-competitive restriction if it is proven to be anti-competitive. 

Good luck in proving the SC is anti-competitive given that all the clubs in the same league operate under exactly the same cap restriction. To be succesful they would have to prove that they are being disadvantaged against the other clubs in the same competition. They can't use union or the NRL as a comparater becuase nothing is stopping Salford (or any other club) from leaving the RFL competition and trying to join another one with a bigger cap (or no cap)

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I'm not sure I've even understood what the story is yet, never mind had my or the RL world rocked by it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I can see the good doctor walking away from Rugby League and the Red Devils will fold before the start of the season and Leigh will take their place.

If this has come from someone with a Bradford connection, and the complaint has no foundation the RFL might well stop paying the lease at Odsal.

I can see the good doctor walking away from Rugby League and the Red Devils will fold before the start of the season and Leigh will take their place.

If this has come from someone with a Bradford connection, and the complaint has no foundation the RFL might well stop paying the lease at Odsal.

It all seems over the top to me

Almost a conspiracy

But is he the really the good doctor? Is he helping the league or making it more difficult for the RFL to get big name sponsors when he goes on foul mouth rants during press conferences which doesn't help the league overall? Maybe SL is better with either Leigh or Bradford instead of Salford?

Ive read salford are £6.8m in debt...still rocked?

Salford have made a loss of 1.7 million this financial year, with liabilities of 6.8 million according to Radio Manchester this afternoon. The positive spin was they've brought down the losses from 3.8 million.

PS: Some people are saying the 1.7 million loss is from last year.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

But is he the really the good doctor? Is he helping the league or making it more difficult for the RFL to get big name sponsors when he goes on foul mouth rants during press conferences which doesn't help the league overall? Maybe SL is better with either Leigh or Bradford instead of Salford?

No way

Turnover at salford must be real low

I hope they succeed

Archived