League Express Tweeting that they have story that will rock the sport

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably to do with the fact that clubs asking the RFL why the investigation into Salford's alleged salary cap breaches is taking so long, and that information has come to light that several players moved to Salford for salaries which were, on the face of it, substantially less than they could get elsewhere. Questions being asked about how/if their wages were being topped up by other means.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Probably to do with the fact that clubs asking the RFL why the investigation into Salford's alleged salary cap breaches is taking so long, and that information has come to light that several players moved to Salford for salaries which were, on the face of it, substantially less than they could get elsewhere. Questions being asked about how/if their wages were being topped up by other means.

Bingo. Bulls Chairman Mark Green has written to the RFL about this and this is what the story is about. Apparently at least "two leading figures at SL clubs" are also concerned about this according to LE

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Probably taking so long due to the myriad of companies both dissolved and active with MK as director and with no financial information filed.

Here we go again .....

The BBC to trial putting the SL Show on nationally.

To do this they have chosen the home of Mr Tarquin Bartholewew-Smythe-Featherstonehaugh, 2-226 Very Posh Road, Eton to receive the show and if he and his wife Tiggy-Beatrice, their children Horatio-Hors d'eouvres and Penelope-Apres-Ski watch every minute of every episode for 3 years then its a goer.

I've read the article and it is fascinating and goes beyond Puletuas "second contract"......

Firstly Nigel Wood was the guy who introduced Marwan to Superleague, and facilitated him taking on Salford.

Secondly Marwan to his credit openly criticised the salary cap and IIRC suggested he would find ways round it.

So now he has allegedly done it big style, Nigel is a rabbit in the headlights.

The RFL lost the Bulls to Superleague and changed the structure such that they could be frozen out forever.

Some thoughts......

1.Had Salford survived relegation by beating Bulls in the £Million game this last season that would have ramped up the row enormously....

2. If Marwan is hammered on this does he stay or do Salford fold? 

3. Is this his exit strategy? Indeed does marc Green walk if he is rebuffed??

4. Could the RFL deduct (as many as 20) points as the penalty such that Salford finish SL 2016 on negative points but still stay in SL via the play offs!!

This story certainly rocks, the RFL PR department are working overtime on move along nothing to see stuff.....

4. Could the RFL deduct (as many as 20) points as the penalty such that Salford finish SL 2016 on negative points but still stay in SL via the play offs!!

To help prevent this though they could also reduce Salfords Salary cap by the amount they've deliberately overspent forcing them to sell players and weakening their team to the point where the Chamnpionship clubs can easily compete and potentially relegate Salford in the Middle 8's. They could also implement a transfer ban preventing them from changing players and strenghtening their team just before the Middle 8's starts.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

The only RL news on BBC Radio 5 at 11am was the international interchange rule being brought into line with Superleague's (12 to 10, in other words).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surely there is no discretion - the rules must be crystal clear as to what constitutes a breach and its implications. It's been a while but I recall there were points deductions depending on how heinous the breach was. Didn't Bradford themselves get fined one year?

Surely there is no discretion - the rules must be crystal clear as to what constitutes a breach and its implications. It's been a while but I recall there were points deductions depending on how heinous the breach was. Didn't Bradford themselves get fined one year?

It depends if he's used it to break the full cap or just to allow them to break the 50% cap. So the can spend up to full cap which I thought was allowed if you could prove that it was covered.

The Bulls got a points deduction around 2006 - from what I remember something to do with Hape being injured on international duty and the Bulls thought the NZRL would cover his insurance. 8 years before Marc Green was at the club of course.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

The Bulls got a points deduction around 2006 - from what I remember something to do with Hape being injured on international duty and the Bulls thought the NZRL would cover his insurance. 8 years before Marc Green was at the club of course.

Maybe Marc green should prioritise on his own club and leave the RFL to investigate further

Making this public knowledge is a disgrace and demonstrates the severe dangers the bulls are in rather than salford

Archived