Bulls sign Mathers

Good signing if fit, always a good player plenty of effort, been around long enough to know what he needs to do and I think he knows Lowes anyway so it should be easier for him to fit in

What position will he play?

I thought Bradford were OK for full backs, possibly centre?

I actually think this is a decent signing. Ok, not likely to set the world on fire, but I'd say the one thing the squad didn't have last year was an old head who had been there and done it when the going gets tough, someone like Diskin if he had wanted to stay on another year. This fills that gap for me.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Hopefully this will spark him returning to twitter. How I miss his daily updates, (often with pictures) of the supliments he has used that day.

I miss them almost as much as the sight of him in a Cas shirt anticipating as a bomb leaves the opposing kickers foot....

It seems a little dual reg to me.

I have no doubt R.Mathers is professional enough to do it,but he is the second Warrington employee to be plying his trade in The Championship.

Simon Grix is still employed by Warrington wolves but will be playing with part time Halifax.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12209/9992551/warrington-wolves-release-simon-grix

Now Mathers,still employed by Warrington Wolves and will play for full time Bradford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/34656877

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

It seems a little dual reg to me.

I have no doubt R.Mathers is professional enough to do it,but he is the second Warrington employee to be plying his trade in The Championship.

Simon Grix is still employed by Warrington wolves but will be playing with part time Halifax.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12209/9992551/warrington-wolves-release-simon-grix

Now Mathers,still employed by Warrington Wolves and will play for full time Bradford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/34656877

Is this legacy building by Wire? 

Are they involved in a cunning RL empire building programme?

I don't necessarily mind this signing, I've always liked Richie Mathers as player. However, but we still seem to be signing random guys instead of building a team.

Rhys Jacks had a good game on Sunday but is still on trial. If we don't sign him, we'll start next week with a 25 man squad containing 8 props, two halfbacks and 3 fullbacks.

I doubt if we've ten Superleague-class players.

Lowes should be building a squad of young guns bolstered by a few wise old heads, not the other way round.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I don't necessarily mind this signing, I've always liked Richie Mathers as player. However, but we still seem to be signing random guys instead of building a team.

Rhys Jacks had a good game on Sunday but is still on trial. If we don't sign him, we'll start next week with a 25 man squad containing 8 props, two halfbacks and 3 fullbacks.

Lowes should be building a squad of young guns bolstered by a few wise old heads, not the other way round.

Many fans were screaming for Brook to get a chance at the right time last season, Thomas has replaced Brook as the young gun and Mullaney's positional 1/7 mould so I hope beyond hope Oscar gets some game time this season.

Plus I still think Addy should be a half and worked there, he certainly isn't better at loose than Pitts.

Steady on a mo Wolford, Mr Lowe's is very much the cream of the RFL coaching fraternity, he is the current assistant to err "what's his name" for our national team, surely he knows what he is doing?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I would assume that Bradford would have to pay a fee to London for Mathers as he walked out on a 2 year contract and would still be registered with London.

Then again seeing as the RFL bends over backwards to help the Bulls they might pay the fee themselves or change the rules so Bradford don't pay anything.

I would assume that Bradford would have to pay a fee to London for Mathers as he walked out on a 2 year contract and would still be registered with London.

Then again seeing as the RFL bends over backwards to help the Bulls they might pay the fee themselves or change the rules so Bradford don't pay anything.

If I were a gambling man, I'd have a few Bob on that theory (and so would mathers too I expect)

Well you'd hope so, but if not I'm sure it'll be uncovered by the TRL super sleuths who know the accounts at Odsal better than the club or the RFL themselves.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Well you'd hope so, but if not I'm sure it'll be uncovered by the TRL super sleuths who know the accounts at Odsal better than the club or the RFL themselves.

You don't have to be a super sleuth to know that Bradford don't have any money.

We know that in the recent pass the RFL have taken over Odsal lease and that the RFL gave then TV money in advance just to keep them treading water, and its my understanding that the RFL might have to advance them even more money in the near future.

You don't have to be a super sleuth to know that Bradford don't have any money.

Bless you for giving it a go though. :)

SQL Honours

Archived