07 Feb: Batley v Leigh (Merged Threads)

LeeF

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh are still a great team, but it shows money and top players does not guarantee success. Great for Batley and the fans. Shows no team has a right to a win and that you must give 100% against every team. Leigh will get loads of banter against them, mainly due to one person. But I expect Leigh to be laughing at the end of the normal season. But for now, we all just laugh at the comments made by Mr Beaumont and a few over-excited Leigh fans for now.

Leigh fans have vanished

No they haven't, just got back from the game, no complaints from me Bulldogs thoroughly deserved their win, and without Mickey Higham I fear that the result would have been more emphatic in favour of the Bulldogs

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

And the "excuses" will be

Poor ref

Batley headhunting

Batley slowing the game down

Poor weather

Poor pitch

Poor slope

Any others?

Ñon of the above from me LeeF, my excuse is that we were beaten by the better team on the day who after going behind by 10 points with a quarter of the game still to play had the desire and commitment to keep going and deservedly took the spoils.

As a fan of the game, I was pleased that I witnessed a great competitive game, much better in my opinion than seeing my team win with 50 or 60 points, and on reflection there could be a good positive learning curve for a new coach and a group of players getting to know each othe, I can't help but think that this could possibly be a result that could do Leigh a power of good mentally as the season progresses and the middle 8's come around.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Ñon of the above from me LeeF, my excuse is that we were beaten by the better team on the day who after going behind by 10 points with a quarter of the game still to play had the desire and commitment to keep going and deservedly took the spoils.

As a fan of the game, I was pleased that I witnessed a great competitive game, much better in my opinion than seeing my team win with 50 or 60 points, and on reflection there could be a good positive learning curve for a new coach and a group of players getting to know each othe, I can't help but think that this could possibly be a result that could do Leigh a power of good mentally as the season progresses and the middle 8's come around.

That's good to hear after some of the rubbish posted on here by Leigh fans after their defeats last season

Really the "new" players shouldn't need that much settling in as the squad is similar to last year and they have the benefit of being able to train full time etc

Also wasn't the appointment of Jukes (providing it wasn't the cheap option) the continuity he would bring?

And the "excuses" will be

Poor ref

Batley headhunting

Batley slowing the game down

Poor weather

Poor pitch

Poor slope

Any others?

There was only one team head-hunting today.  Batley were like the walking wounded at the end.  God knows what would happened if Barlow and Hock had been playing as well!

Whilst I'm extremely happy at the win Leigh showed what they are capable of with the quick breaks, good job the Batley lads where awake.

If its true about rowley not wanting to play chase after disciplinary breach then Beaumont insisting he play. 

Just worth highlighting this one.

Are Rowley and Chase related because I thought the resignation was for family reasons?

Not taking the Mickey Higham, just pointing out that all the hush hush denial stuff only makes people less sympathetic and more sarcastic once the apparent truth outs.  

Hi Gary,

How did you think the various new players went and the positioning of Chase and Brierley?

Was the ground heavy? Was it a leveller??

Close away defeat when you have a new side isn't a disaster as you say......

Yes John, Ainscough scored a try, he played centre. He was superb last year in the games after the error at Featherstone, helping Batley avoid relegation. So much so that the error didn't matter in the end. He has great character.

Hi Gary,

How did you think the various new players went and the positioning of Chase and Brierley?

Was the ground heavy? Was it a leveller??

Close away defeat when you have a new side isn't a disaster as you say......

Mount Pleasant is never level

Are Rowley and Chase related because I thought the resignation was for family reasons?

No it was said it was for "personal" reasons!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Yes John, Ainscough scored a try, he played centre. He was superb last year in the games after the error at Featherstone, helping Batley avoid relegation. So much so that the error didn't matter in the end. He has great character.

We should never have let him go.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just worth highlighting this one.

Not taking the Mickey Higham, just pointing out that all the hush hush denial stuff only makes people less sympathetic and more sarcastic once the apparent truth outs.

Personal not family reasons so not wanting to play Chase or any other player and DB saying otherwise may be a reason

Archived