Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Rant thread

Barclays Bank.

Few month back, i transferred a fair whack of GBP back to the UK, from my Singapore bank to Barclays. Worked a treat. Easy. 

Last month i did the same, exact same details (theyre saved at my local bank) and Barclays didnt receive it. Fair enough, opened a case and they can check it out. This should be utterly basic.

Just received a call over the 10 days they said itd take and they need more details. I have a copy of the mt103 in my email and can send them it now.. whats your email address? Whats a mt103.. oh god! Anyway, long story short, they cant accept email...!! Ok.. can i log online, and attach it... erm... no. Ok, can i give you details over phone, ive passed security etc... erm.. no! Can i send it via swift..? Eh.. whats swift... this again!! Answer was obviously no. 

The only way i can send a swift to them is by printing it out and then posting it! Actual physical post!!! This is insane. Ive only ever worked for Investment Banks (Barclays included) and this is usually sorted in a few hours.. a lot more cash, but still!! 

Im astounded. Physical post!! It wouldnt even go to the place direct, you have to send it to head office first. 

Sigh

Easyjet overbooking my flight to Alicante

Suspected they overbooked the flight when I was struggling to check in - so asked them directly yesterday, they said not to worry

They we’re still selling flights this morning

Fingers Crossed for a no-show

Norovirus. 🤬

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Me too... Awful though over the worst today... Still cold though 

Started Sunday evening, and just about getting over it now. Mind numbing daytime TV doesn't help. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

QI XL.

One of the few tv programmes I look forward to.

Last week it was replaced by the interview with Prince Andrew. Fine, it's news, not happy but I understand.

This week it is being replaced by some random South American soccer cup final. Phuck off, phuck the phuck off.

Put QI on iplayer and let me watch them in peace.

Edited by hindle xiii
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

QI XL.

One of the few tv programmes I look forward to.

Last week it was replaced by the interview with Prince Andrew. Fine, it's news, not happy but I understand.

This week it is being replaced by some random South American soccer cup final. Phuck off, phuck the phuck off.

Put QI on iplayer and let me watch them in peace.

Or just have the random soccer game streamed on the website, or better yet leave it on whatever channel its been on in the past. 

24 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Or just have the random soccer game streamed on the website, or better yet leave it on whatever channel its been on in the past. 

It hasn't been on the BBC in the past. And live trumps pre-recorded most of the time in broadcasters' eyes, especially when Football is involved.

But there's only one Copa Libertadores final per year, so you're safe for 364 days.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Saffron! Bloody hell! If a talentless braindead oaf like her can get on national TV, there is no hope for the future! Or in her style, Like Saffron! Like Bloody hell! Like If a like talentless like braindead like oaf like her can like get on like national TV, there is like no hope for the like future. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

Had enough of Victoria (It`s my programme and i am going to shake my head and arms around a la  Miss Piggy and waffle on as much as i like)  Coren Mitchell on Only Connect .My tip is watch it on mute . Not only do you not have to listen to her incessant jabbering but it gives you a good bit longer to see if you can guess the link before it comes on screen . It`s a win win ........still don`t get many mind you ..

23 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Had enough of Victoria (It`s my programme and i am going to shake my head and arms around a la  Miss Piggy and waffle on as much as i like)  Coren Mitchell on Only Connect .My tip is watch it on mute . Not only do you not have to listen to her incessant jabbering but it gives you a good bit longer to see if you can guess the link before it comes on screen . It`s a win win ........still don`t get many mind you ..

She does have two good points though...

2 hours ago, BryanC said:

She does have two good points though...

David Mitchell was certainly batting well out of his league there!

Roadside litter, getting even worse now. It’s time that heavy fines and driving license endorsements are introduced. Any junction of a major road are just covered is rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mark S said:

Roadside litter, getting even worse now. It’s time that heavy fines and driving license endorsements are introduced. Any junction of a major road are just covered is rubbish.

Agree 100% its a disgrace . It's not just the junctions , drove from Hull to Grimsby Sunday . Every part of the verge was covered in plastic ###### . 

On 25/05/2016 at 11:29, ckn said:

Sometimes I really wonder if some people understand the concept of doing work in return for being paid money..

I've found very few truly professional people at their job, even fewer with a decent work ethic and almost none who stood up for the values involved. I just think we're all products of the politics of selfishness.

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

24 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I've found very few truly professional people at their job, even fewer with a decent work ethic and almost none who stood up for the values involved. I just think we're all products of the politics of selfishness.

...or maybe you just work with a bunch of useless ratbags. :kolobok_wink:

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

53 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I had a job interview yesterday, & the interviewers looked stunned when I said I had a positive work attitude. Is this not acceptable anymore?

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

...or maybe you just work with a bunch of useless ratbags. :kolobok_wink:

No but your response is predictable.

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I had a job interview yesterday, & the interviewers looked stunned when I said I had a positive work attitude. Is this not acceptable anymore?

Did they explain why they were surprised, did you ask?

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

On 09/01/2020 at 22:26, Bleep1673 said:

I suppose it's possible that they found your response a cliche. It's one of those phrases that make an interviewers eyes glaze over like "I'm too much of a perfectionist".

A little thing but really annoyed with myself. A tiny magnet from my tablet case came out of its hole and I've super glued it back in but when I closed the case I realised I'd glued it back in the wrong way round so now it doesn't stick to the case lid. Okay, the case still closes and it doesn't affect it at all but my OCD is going crazy. There is no way its coming back out of the hole, I used Guerrilla Glue! Oh God! This is really gonna irritate me for a long time! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

A little thing but really annoyed with myself. A tiny magnet from my tablet case came out of its hole and I've super glued it back in but when I closed the case I realised I'd glued it back in the wrong way round so now it doesn't stick to the case lid. Okay, the case still closes and it doesn't affect it at all but my OCD is going crazy. There is no way its coming b7ack out of the hole, I used Guerrilla Glue! Oh God! This is really gonna irritate me for a long time! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

Did you go ape?

Perhaps if you put it on the stove on high heat under the griller it might melt it?

........Or perhaps not.

( Despite my flippancy I do feel your pain)

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow