York bringing the game into disrepute?

Bearman

Even then the 12 men of York are proving a handful for TO. After last weeks loss they should be making a statement and blowing these guys off thx park. Barrow my favourites now to get promoted with Rochdale.

To be fair it must have been a horribly awkward game for Toulouse to play. There was nothing to be gained from humiliating those guys who had turned up to play.

The rules need some attention. It's not right that a team can start a game with 12 men. York should have been made to forfeit the game if they couldn't put up a full team. Player welfare is supposed to be a bigger thing than in the past so the rules need an amendment for this kind of situation.

I believe matters should always be sorted on the field but you can't have clubs fielding half a team. Did TO drop the admission price to reflect the game was a farce and a walkover?

It's sad what is happening at York, particularly when a year ago they were seconds away from the Play-off final before Swinton equalised with a drop-goal on the last kick of the game and then went on to win by golden point. How different things could have been.

The rules need some attention. It's not right that a team can start a game with 12 men. York should have been made to forfeit the game if they couldn't put up a full team. Player welfare is supposed to be a bigger thing than in the past so the rules need an amendment for this kind of situation.

I believe matters should always be sorted on the field but you can't have clubs fielding half a team. Did TO drop the admission price to reflect the game was a farce and a walkover?

It's sad what is happening at York, particularly when a year ago they were seconds away from the Play-off final before Swinton equalised with a drop-goal on the last kick of the game and then went on to win by golden point. How different things could have been.

The laws allow you to start with 9 players

Is a full team 13 or 17? Is it a named 13 or 17?

They could have named 17 but only let 12 on the field. Then what do you do?

A number of teams have named 17 in the Champ and Champ 1 this season but those 17 haven't been available to take the field

A real shame what's happening at York, we've had some real ding-dong games with them over the years. Guildford's a hard guy to like, and once he'd p*ssed off the Council, the writing was on the wall............

Fair play to the twelve stalwarts who turned up to play, I take my hat off to them. Having said that this fixture has made Rugby League a laughing stock.

Toulouse-York isn't even a story on the BBC website.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

This wasn't fair on the Barrow or Doncaster teams either. Yesterday Toulouse got an easy run out and a chance to run through plenty of scoring moves. Today Barrow take on Doncaster in what should be a ding dong battle.

It's not fault of the Toulouse team obviously, but it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Bit of an odd experience for Toulouse I think and maybe not the battle they needed after last week's disappointment. They may have scored quite a few but it was 17 against 12 and Barrow/Doncaster should be buoyed by the terrible glut of handling errors from Toulouse (without which I think they could well have notched up a century). That clearly hasn't been rectified since last week.

Can you blame them ? They obviously think it's a Mickey Mouse competition when one team can't even raise thirteen players.

I doubt they even know. They did a story about Haven appointing a 24 year old as captain in the same competition. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived