Coaches to be sacked

1 Brian McDermott

2 lee radford

3 Chris Chester

4 rick stone

5 Ian Watson

6 Dennis betts

I mean no Cunningham?

I will throw my proverbial hat in the ring for Saints, I think we will go well next year. I think we have greatly improved our squad for next year, whilst at the same time cleared enough deadwood out to have cap space for the next "star" kicked out of the NRL.

If the internationals are anything to go by, Walker and Douglas are vast improvements on Vea and Tasi, and whilst Smith vs Walsh has been debated endlessly on Saints sites, I think Smith will do the job hes asked very well (even if it is the unglamorous bits that the Saints fans seem to demand of their halfback). A lot rests on Fages and Lomax to make up for Smiths lack of flashiness but if Lomax stays fit I think its entirely possible they will. Tommy Lee I can't really understand, as he doesn't seem to compliment Roby particularly, but if he stops us running Roby into the ground and back to his best, that's a major bonus too. Given we weren't too far away in the end in the disaster that was last year, all these little plusses can push us over the edge IMO.

The big question mark lies over Cunningham and whether hes actually able to learn his lesson. Given how Radford seemed to last year, theres no reason why he couldn't ... but that doesn't mean he has!

I'll have a go with:

1. Warrington

2. Hull

3. Wigan

4. Leeds

5. St. Helens

6. Castleford

7. Catalan

8. Widnes

9. Huddersfield
10. Leigh

11. Salford

12. Wakefield

Warrington v Hull GF.

If Wigan shift Tomkins to the halves i can see them performing a bit better and maybe making the GF.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The Widnesian aside, Saints have the dullest back 5 in the league. They will win as much next year as this.

Lomax and Percival are very good and would get into pretty much any side in SL.

Makinson was well on his way in 2014 before injuries have curtailed him a little, if he can get back to his 2014 form he definitely deserves to sit alongside those 2. Swift is underrated and had a good year last year in difficult circumstances and with a bit more time with Percival inside him he could shine this year and Morgan is a bit of an unknown quantity, could be great, could be average.

Smiths job is to get them the ball in time and space, that's the bit that was missing last year.

Not really sure how your quantifying "dull" but its certainly good enough to challenge anyone (when fully fit).

It'a not enough to win anything.

If by good Friday we have Escare - Manfredi - Gelling - Gildart - Burgess - Williams - Tomkins as our back line you will see what I mean by dull in comparison.

Don't mistake me though - I am a big fan of Saints' recruitmanet and Cunningham as a coach. Totally Wicked!

Ahhh... The big 4 dominance

Wigan 2016

Leeds 2015

Saints 2014

Wire 1955

I think that'll be the big 3 these days. Mind you, still preferable to the big 1 from times not too distant.

I was referring to there still only being four teams to win SL. The traditional summer era big four if you will. Even if its not Hull, I hope this is the year that we finally get a new name on the trophy.

The Widnesian aside, Saints have the dullest back 5 in the league. They will win as much next year as this.

Really?  I'd say that Lomax, Percival, Makinson and Swift are all fairly exciting players when given the opportunity.  Makinson scored some real belters a couple of years ago and was pushing for an England place.  I can't comment on Morgan as I haven't seen him.  Perhaps you would be able to give us all an in depth analysis of his play and why it is so dull? 

Saints problem isn't in the backs, and shouldn't be in the forwards when they decide they want to play but the lack of link between them which at times actually seems to be worse than you would expect if they weren't there.  Whilst Matty Smith is by no means the most creative at least he might actually pass the ball to the backs and not just kick on the 4th (that is if Wilkin hasn't already kicked on the 3rd).

Not enough - and we produced more unwatchable rubbish than in any season for 40 years. Just as well the season didn't end after the Widnes game or else eveything would look very different. The club argues that there were so many injured play makers and players who couldn't train they had no hope of improving the attack. We shall see - if Wane can't get more entertainment out of this squad then he will be told so in no uncertain terms...

Obviously injuries and use of squads are part of the sport but it is always better when teams go up against each other with no injuries.  Bringing in Dawson and Owens for Makinson and Percival makes a big difference to that Saints backline.  Just as when Wigan lose Manfredi and Tomkins and Leeds lose half their backline.

Obviously injuries and use of squads are part of the sport but it is always better when teams go up against each other with no injuries. Bringing in Dawson and Owens for Makinson and Percival makes a big difference to that Saints backline. Just as when Wigan lose Manfredi and Tomkins and Leeds lose half their backline.

Widnes did not lose out much when Owens went to saints

He is about 10 metres too slow over a100 meter track and does not have a step at all

On the other hand saints have one of my favourite British players in makkison and Lomax is great also

The forward pack of Douglas , walker, Walmsley and amor is excellent and I rate Richards and greenwood highly

Ryan Morgan is an unknown to me so I can't comment

In regan grace and Calvin Wellington against have two real class young players

Matty smith is just the kicker they may need for the hard yards

He sets up the back line better than anyone although a world class number 6 is required to guarantee success

As for widnes, my team

We have stagnated with little movement in the transfer market

If brown goes to Warrington as reported we get £110,000 and save his £140,000 salary so with that maybe we could get Todd carney

Hansbury and Corey Thompson are class players

Joe Mellor is a far better player than people realise and in our pack jack Buchanan, Gil dudson, matt Whitley and Chris Houston can hold their own against anyone

But we are four class players short of having a very good team

Right, enough "my team to finish top and everyone else below", here's my shout. It's a little early with the turn coat trio of Segeyaro, Solomona and Sandow f-ing things up but assuming these teams don't raid the mighty Bulls for players and find adequate alternatives I'll plump for the following:

1. Hull FC

2. Warrington Wolves

3. Castleford Tigers

4. Wakefield Trinity

5. St Helens - yawn incarnate

6. Leeds Rhinos - the only way is up

7. Catalans Dragons

8. Wigan Warriors - well Leeds sank this season so why not the new champs?

9. Leigh Centurions - close but no cigar, until they sign Jarrad Hayne for the Super 8's

10. Huddersfield Giants - Lee Gaskell is the new Luke Gale...

11. Salford Red Devils - ######

12. Widnes Vikings - crapper, and does anyone care?

1.Wigan

2.Warrington

3.Hull

4.Saints

5.Cas

6.Leeds

7.Wakefield

8.Catalans

9.Shudds

10.Salford

11.Widnes

12. Leigh

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived