Town v South Wales

Supporter

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its hard to argue that jamie has become our biggest asset this year, really controls games and looks like a standout in this league  

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Well done to the Team for Sundays performance . We look a lot better with ball in hand probably due to having a Coach who encourages the ball players to chance their arm a bit and not just play 5 drives and kick .Isn t it strange though how the ref penalised South Wales persistently early on and we got most of the 50/50 calls .......roll on to the Toronto game and i bet normal service will be resumed and we get nowt .Do things even themselves out over a season or do the refs generally look more favourably on the "better" team ? Anyway on to Hunslet and see if we can come back with a win , they will be fired up after their shock loss this week .Thought South Wales were one of the smallest teams i have seen down at the Park for some time , but all credit to them they stuck in , and i suspect if they hadn t had such a good kicking game the result would have been horrific ......On the subject of the league it definitely needs fine tuned , maybe scrap the cup comp , play everybody twice and 2 straight up no play offs .

8 hours ago, westizbest said:

To say he's been disappointing .. well 

Jp to centre, which will make us a better side imo. You could move hambley inside one and mews outside but when hes scoring so freely joe should stay put. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I see several Barrow players have had their visas refused at the last minute by the Canadian authorities and they've had to travel to Toronto with just 14 players. I'd have forfeited the game in protest.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

34 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I see several Barrow players have had their visas refused at the last minute by the Canadian authorities and they've had to travel to Toronto with just 14 players. I'd have forfeited the game in protest.

Totally unacceptable that . If that's gonna become an issue for teams then the RFL shouldn't let them play there .

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

It gets worse , apparently a couple have been refused entry at the airport they will be lucky to have 13 , Cresta will have to play 9 . Whats happened to player welfare being the most important part of the game - hope we are looking into all this early on , we could possibly have to go there at the last minute when the placings for the 8's are all finalised. Normal time for a visa application is 7 days , and if you have ever had a speeding ticket your goosed :) and think about the Barrow supporters who have travelled !!!!

this could become a major issue for all clubs and next season too if minor offences such as traffic violations and and the odd conviction for being in a figght or being drunk , littering , urinating in st etc . things that many young and daft working and middle class lads do in their early rebel yrs .

Clubs in our league should get together and say we all go as a team or we all stay put as a team , this thing with Barrow is a farce .So on this basis all players and coaching staff signed by Toronto have clean records ,no traffic offenses , no minor blots on their copybook .....i don t think so . 

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Totally unacceptable that . If that's gonna become an issue for teams then the RFL shouldn't let them play there .

Maybe the players shouldn't have committed the crime. That's hardly Toronto's fault, and why has it been left so late to sort visas, surely that should have been done ages ago. Did Oxford have the same problem?

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Maybe the players shouldn't have committed the crime. That's hardly Toronto's fault.

But when as a criminal record ever stopped a player from playing rugby? Why semi pro British teams have to travel to Canada in the first place is behond me, I believe in expanding the game but ffs Canada really?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Just now, anok4u said:

But when as a criminal record ever stopped a player from playing rugby? Why semi pro British teams have to travel to Canada in the first place is behond me, I believe in expanding the game but ffs Canada really?

But they knew they were going months ago, if they should or shouldn't is a completely different argument. This is not Toronto's fault at all.

Archived