• France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Southerner said:

I’m very worried for the PNG game.

Think we’ll really struggle with their power and pace, especially around the ruck from dummy half. Then if we get through that we go up a level against Tonga! 

I wouldn't be surprised if Tonga lost tbh. They're too busy acting like they've won the WC. I'd be happy to be their next opponents. 

Frustrating game to watch, England has been poor this  second half, but I’m not a fan of constantly switching the pivotal positions around all the time, gale and brown were going well why not just let them get on with it. Williams was poor but then ive never been a huge fan of his, im not sure what he brings to the England team.

Percival was good keep him in bring Watkins and Hall back, keep Gale, Brown and Roby as the spine and leave Widdop at full back.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Frustrating game to watch, England has been poor tgis second half, but I’m not a fan of constantly switching the pivotal positions around all the time, gale and brown wete going well why not just let them get on with it. Williams was poor but then ive never been a huge fan of his, im not sure what he brings to the England team.

Percival was good keep him in bring Watkins and Hall back, keep Gale, Brown and Roby as the doine and leave Widdop at full back.

Pretty much sums it up for me!

Poor second half. That said there was a lot of chopping and changing of the spine positions, 6, 7, 9 and 13. Comfortable win but plenty of room for improvement. It's not a bad position to be in that we're disappointed; two world cups ago we'd just have been grateful for a win.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Frustrating game to watch, England has been poor tgis second half, but I’m not a fan of constantly switching the pivotal positions around all the time, gale and brown wete going well why not just let them get on with it. Williams was poor but then ive never been a huge fan of his, im not sure what he brings to the England team.

Percival was good keep him in bring Watkins and Hall back, keep Gale, Brown and Roby as the doine and leave Widdop at full back.

Does not matter if you are a fan or not of Williams the evudence is in front if you he us not up to it, but neiither is Bateman but that doesn't  seem to matter.

6 minutes ago, Southerner said:

I’m very worried for the PNG game.

Think we’ll really struggle with their power and pace, especially around the ruck from dummy half. Then if we get through that we go up a level against Tonga! 

What grates on the nerves with the BBC pundits they talking about Tonga like its a foregone clusion,like PNG dont exist.If that 2nd half is a portent of Englands complacency they are in trouble because PNG are like never ending lakeland terriers.

Just now, Mark S said:

England should play France over 3 games throughout the season. Their forwards had the right level of intestinal, they just need to sort out their attack.

We play France every year. They need to play the likes of Fiji and PNG more. 

1 minute ago, telliner said:

What grates on the nerves with the BBC pundits they talking about Tonga like its a foregone clusion,like PNG dont exist.If that 2nd half is a portent of Englands complacency they are in trouble because PNG are like never ending lakeland terriers.

Correct. PNG are relentless 

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Going on that 2nd half,might not be good enough to beat PNG !

Tonga most definitely but PNG are still in the developmental stage. We’ll put them away by 10-14 points.

Archived