Dewsbury Rams v Halifax RLFC

ram1999k

We are on a four loss losing streak in all competitions therefore it is vital we put in a performance on Monday and try our upmost to take advantage of being at home and get some points. 

1. Guzdeck

2. Worrincy 

3. Wolard 

4. Hallet

5. Morton 

6. Sykes 

7. Ansell 

8. Reaily

9. Ward 

10. Everett 

11. Spicer

12. Walshaw 

13. Brown 

Speakman, Day, Teanby, Sheriffe

FTS 16 - 38 Halifax

FTS Guzdeck 

MOM Guzdeck 

ATT 800+

Its going to be a difficult day on Monday against Halifax. I went to see them play Toronto and they held the wolfpack  for most of the game until the last half hour. The Halifax pack is very strong and their backs know how to attack. We will have to play our strongest team possible and everybody will have to put in a performance. ( no running across the field or trying to gain ground by running towards our own posts )  The pitch is going to be heavy and we may get well and truly stuck in the mud. Hoping some of our loan players will be available but doubt it. On a positive note, our players can perform better and I am hoping that they will. The effort is there and as others have said - just cut out the errors and we may have a chance. Final score will be ..............I have no bloody idea.

I think that there will be no DR/loan players for us tomorrow with a full SL programme on the same day. This probably means that we will be putting out a patched-up team. Like everyone else I really want us to win but just can't see us getting a result against Fax. Over the last couple of years when we have played them at home they always seem to be very well drilled which, combined with a bit of pace and power, looks like it will be too much for us. Lets hope that they at least bring plenty of fans with them to top up the coffers.

Rams 14 - 28 Fax

FTS: Worrincy

Att: 1125

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

55 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Why do the RFL need another pitch inspection? It's forecast to rain all day, so if the pitch is water-logged now, it's only going to get worse. Bizarre, can't see how the pitch could be playable.

Not been up to the ground but a little surprised it's off. I think it's the only RL game cancelled today. 

48 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Not been up to the ground but a little surprised it's off. I think it's the only RL game cancelled today. 

Game called off due to surrounding area's been deemed too dangerous for supporters. I passed on owl lane mid morning and it was pretty bad.

Costly I think the condition would have been a levelled that could have given you the win. No chance now imo

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Rephrase that.... when we will have wakey/ giants players

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

20 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It's off see Twitter

Set off at 10am for the two and a half hour drive over flooded roads, and zero visability motorways, to find locked gates when I arrived at the ground. I don't do twatter, and even if I did, I would have been on the M62 when the first info went up. It seems I'm doomed to a future of trying to second guess the weather and or the league officials. Did conditions at the ground alter so much between me setting off and arriving, and if not couldn't the decision have been reached much earlier ? It won't happen again, if there's even a sniff of a chance that a match is going to be called off, I wont be going. Ah well, I did at least get to see some of the coal race.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Set off at 10am for the two and a half hour drive over flooded roads, and zero visability motorways, to find locked gates when I arrived at the ground. I don't do twatter, and even if I did, I would have been on the M62 when the first info went up. It seems I'm doomed to a future of trying to second guess the weather and or the league officials. Did conditions at the ground alter so much between me setting off and arriving, and if not couldn't the decision have been reached much earlier ? It won't happen again, if there's even a sniff of a chance that a match is going to be called off, I wont be going. Ah well, I did at least get to see some of the coal race.

To be fair GOR the twitter stuff is copied to the home page of the website so is usually pretty visible to those visiting the Rams homepage.  Cant say for sure that this happened yesterday but it usually is.

I would also say that had you been in Mirfield at 10am yesterday morning you wouldn't have been surprised the game was called off.  certainly I wasn't.  OK, it looked different at 3pm but hindsight is a wonderful thing..

I was more surprised given the forecast for rain that the club didn't ask for volunteers to help clear the terraces etc, that might have swung it...

18 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Ok then if it makes you feel better. But hopefully we'll have Gaz Moore, James Glover,Jack Teanby and Michael Knowles back as well.

All of whom would have made no difference on Friday night ................ or so a fellow forum member would have us believe :sleep:

Personally, I'm sticking by my original comment -- each and every one of those ADDS to what we offer.........and the sooner they're all back, the better.

27 minutes ago, NickD said:

To be fair GOR the twitter stuff is copied to the home page of the website so is usually pretty visible to those visiting the Rams homepage.  Cant say for sure that this happened yesterday but it usually is.

I would also say that had you been in Mirfield at 10am yesterday morning you wouldn't have been surprised the game was called off.  certainly I wasn't.  OK, it looked different at 3pm but hindsight is a wonderful thing..

I was more surprised given the forecast for rain that the club didn't ask for volunteers to help clear the terraces etc, that might have swung it...

Fair enough Nick, but as I say, I was already an hour and a half into the journey before it hit twitter. My point is, that if the match was cancelled due to safety issues, then the conditions were as bad, if not worse, long before I set off. My fault for living a distance away I suppose, but surely an earlier decision was possible. As I say, I won't be chancing a risky journey again.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Fair enough Nick, but as I say, I was already an hour and a half into the journey before it hit twitter. My point is, that if the match was cancelled due to safety issues, then the conditions were as bad, if not worse, long before I set off. My fault for living a distance away I suppose, but surely an earlier decision was possible. As I say, I won't be chancing a risky journey again.

It must be very difficult for you GOR, and we all sympathise.

Just imagine how bad it could have been though if we were now almost half way through the season and we were still playing winter RL. We wouldn't be enjoying these balmy shirt-sleeved afternoons that we were all promised would we?

September, October, November  - terrible months in which to be playing RL.

(Yes, I am still bitter.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It must be very difficult for you GOR, and we all sympathise.

Just imagine how bad it could have been though if we were now almost half way through the season and we were still playing winter RL. We wouldn't be enjoying these balmy shirt-sleeved afternoons that we were all promised would we?

September, October, November  - terrible months in which to be playing RL.

(Yes, I am still bitter.)

As always I have stood in the South Stand since it opened. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been able to go without a coat. ;) It used to be warmer in Winter stood ont long side at Crown Flatt.

Archived