10 mins before kick off

plug

Why can't the announcer 10 mins before kick off tell the fans which way we are playing up hill or down hill instead off waiting for the players moveing to there positions then makeing a mad dash to the other end 

Big gripe of mine, we get to the ground early, spend a bit of cash on programmes, golden gamble, hot and cold drinks, watch the players warm up, soak up the atmosphere, chill before kick off then have to make a mad dash like idiots if we’re kicking up hill, what would the powers that be say if everyone turned up  2/3 minutes after kick off!! Cannot for the life of me think why it can’t be announced straight after the toss, it’s not that difficult, surely?!!  Come on Featherstone Rovers RLFC, look after your bread and butter!!!

Agree,went with my youngest son and his partner.Spent £60 getting in .He bought her the new away shirt £45 . Bought 3 two pinters in the bar £22.50 and we had to scramble round to the best end like the Keystone cops to view the match.Come on Fev why not announce which way we are playing 10 minutes before kickoff time.

It's been the same for years. Is it a late decision, or some other reason for not announcing? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I can distinctly remember in the past the way we were going to play being announced before kick off. So I reckon it is Ok to do it and it is down to the announcer. All  that is required is for the information to be given to that person  before kick off. I also reckon because of how things are that is the reason the centre stands on both sides are always full. It gives you a view no matter which way we are playing. But the drawback to that if you sit in the main stand is that you cannot see the action in the top corner. Another thing that wants sorting. But the main point is right. It is not fair that old people and invalids have to try to rush from one end to another and miss some of the action as well as possible early scores. I reckon if anybody says it doesn't really matter which end you stand at that sight comes into it as well for some people.

Can you imagine what it would it would have been like years ago trying to change ends in a rush round back of the bullock shed before kick off half the folk would have ended down at the bottom of  the ditch 

Totally agree with people on here stating it should be announced to which end we are playing towards, or even put up on the screen. It ain't rocket science !!

Coincidentally,  I was talking  to others before Sundays game about the exact same thing, but it was pointed out, that when the likes of Bradford,  Leigh, HKR, turn up, they bring a lot of fans, who more or less, fill the railway end stand well before KO. BUT surely for 95% of the games it could be announced/shown just to let everyone know. 

As stated, people pay good money to watch a game, and a fair few miss the first 5 minutes or so, changing ends at the KO. I hate going to the toilet during a game for fear of what i'll miss. ( keep your witty retorts clean please. ) 

Reading complaints on here, about the loudness of the sound system, the lack of lighting, in certain places, and yes !! which way we are kicking and how it affects the fans, does anyone know where we can bring up these gripes to the relevant people ?? To try to get things improved. Or have they been brought up and fallen on deaf ears ?? Obviously, the relevant people don't read this forum !!

Yes, it's a great club and a great set up, but constant monitoring and making little tweaks here and there, coud only improve the club IMHO.

When do they toss up.Players of both teams are out warming up until 10 min before kick off.Does the ref interupt the coaches last minute instructions and pull the Captains out for the toss.Or does he wait until the players line up ready to come out and do it.Captains always did it on the halfway line prior to kick off so everyone could see the way their team played.A solution might be if the ref came onto the pitch 15min before kick off ,pulled both captains to the halfway line for the toss.Then the winner of the toss could point in the direction he wanted to play and everyone apart from those still in the bar would know.

20 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

When do they toss up.Players of both teams are out warming up until 10 min before kick off.Does the ref interupt the coaches last minute instructions and pull the Captains out for the toss.Or does he wait until the players line up ready to come out and do it.Captains always did it on the halfway line prior to kick off so everyone could see the way their team played.A solution might be if the ref came onto the pitch 15min before kick off ,pulled both captains to the halfway line for the toss.Then the winner of the toss could point in the direction he wanted to play and everyone apart from those still in the bar would know.

At one time the toss took place before the players went out on the pitch to warm up, and the teams would do their exercises at the end they were defending in the first half. 

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

At one time the toss took place before the players went out on the pitch to warm up, and the teams would do their exercises at the end they were defending in the first half. 

Yep seen them do that 

Im Fev and im proud

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, sentoffagain2 said:

When warming up, why not call the captains to the centre and toss the coin. The refs are usually warming up at the same time. Simples.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, RobLambert said:

It's probably the job of the person who is too busy lining up what sh*te songs are going to be played before, during and after the game.  I mean you've got to get your priorities right.

Fully agree Rob. The volume is horrendous. so bad that you cannot conduct a conversation and even the spoken word is garbled due to excessive volume. I thought that I had gone deaf at one stage but suddenly realised that the music had stopped !!!.

Archived