Sign in to follow this  
Yakstorm

Denver Test - Ticket Sales

3 minutes ago, frank said:

Wishful thinking or not there is a number of TV channels showing the game ,there will be a considerable amount coming in there.

From TV? Again not very likely. The BBC for example will certainly be paying very little, if anything, for the match based upon similar matches. I really hope that you are correct though. 

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

From TV? Again not very likely. The BBC for example will certainly be paying very little, if anything, for the match based upon similar matches. I really hope that you are correct though. 

Some of you guys need to look at the positives for a change.The majority of those watching will be new to the game and that's got to be a bonus.

• Like 5

Just now, frank said:

Some of you guys need to look at the positives for a change.The majority of those watching will be new to the game and that's got to be a bonus.

Of course it is but that has nothing to do with the point you made or my reply. 

From Viking Ste's post.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 16.57.05.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

5 hours ago, Damien said:

That's wishful thinking if ever I've seen it! There is no way costs can be covered yet with current ticket sales estimates and no partners announced. 

maybe as its an event that's expected to grow over the next couple of years they are budgeting for a loss on tickets this year as of course the sale of tickets will only be a small portion of the overall income they are expecting to get 

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

3 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

From Viking Ste's post.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 16.57.05.png

That's more advertising than we get in London when there's an international!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Balmain1969 said:

Sports Authority Field at Mile High, section: 121, row: 38, seat: 13

I think this is what its potentially going to look like crowd wise at this stage.

Just looks like any number of any NRL matches that you see in Sydney then

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

33 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Has there been any local tv or radio coverage of this in Denver?

Most probably step it up next week when the teams arrive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EssexRL said:

That's more advertising than we get in London when there's an international!

Well that is not the case, makes as much sense as people saying people do not attend London Broncos matches because the stadium is not adjacent to London Tube Station

Scott Taylor (a massive Denver Broncos fan) is now in the sqaud. If they can't use that with the local media then I give up

Organisers are hoping for a crowd of more than 30,000 to pack in to the home of the Denver Broncos for the match, which will be a precursor to the 2025 World Cup in North America.

And they will try to tap into the local market with the England side already scheduled for a spot of batting practice with Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/new-zealand-england-to-fly-players-union-rep-to-denver-20180615-p4zlm9.html

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Abicus said:

Organisers are hoping for a crowd of more than 30,000 to pack in to the home of the Denver Broncos for the match, which will be a precursor to the 2025 World Cup in North America.

And they will try to tap into the local market with the England side already scheduled for a spot of batting practice with Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/new-zealand-england-to-fly-players-union-rep-to-denver-20180615-p4zlm9.html

Good initiative.

• Thanks 1

This isn’t going to help

Johnson, RTS, Harris and Beale have pulled out. Blair, Luke, Hiku, Maumalo are the only Warriors available.

Kata and Fusitu’a are injured as are Rapana, Marshall, Jesse Bromwich and Foran plus Mannering, Packer and Matulino have retired.

On the plus side, England might win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think it's fair enough that the Warriors don't send players that are under injury clouds. After all, they'd be looking at most of their team going over otherwise! Providing four players for NZ, and a number of others for the Pacific Test is still good support for the international game. And let's not kid ourselves withdrawals will have much of an impact on the crowd... It's not like the good people of Denver know who Shaun Johnson is. As for NZ, their team will still be strong - as long as they don't have too many other withdrawals! Here's a possible team: DWZ, Isaako, Hiku, Whare, Maumalo, Martin, Nikorima, Tapau, Luke, JWH, Tapine, Proctor, Blair Res: Asofa-Solomona, Liu, Glenn, Luluai. Plenty of experience and quality there, and will still be a good test for England if they fire up.

Just because you are under a cloud doesn't mean it will rain on you. 

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

This isn’t going to help

Johnson, RTS, Harris and Beale have pulled out. Blair, Luke, Hiku, Maumalo are the only Warriors available.

Kata and Fusitu’a are injured as are Rapana, Marshall, Jesse Bromwich and Foran plus Mannering, Packer and Matulino have retired.

On the plus side, England might win!

Hasn’t Fusitu’a committed to Tonga anyway? I also thought Kata had chosen Tonga?

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Just because you are under a cloud doesn't mean it will rain on you. 

I take it you haven’t seen today’s weather forecast John?

rldfsignature.jpg

Pretty poor from Johnson, Harris and Beale as none of them actually have injuries.

• Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk