Sign in to follow this  
Yakstorm

Denver Test - Ticket Sales

14 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Then why mention them in a thread about a team they don’t play for?

He's said pass I'm guessing because he doesn't know if they've declined NZ, so at the time would have assumed they'd have been available.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

I take it you haven’t seen today’s weather forecast John?

Yes. Its cloudy here, but it isn't raining.

The "injured" excuse by people who don't want to do something, or who are told by their paymasters not to do something is not confinded to ouf sport, nor is it confined to this day and age.  Always of course backed up by a doctor's note, or a note from their mums. 

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Yes. Its cloudy here, but it isn't raining.

The "injured" excuse by people who don't want to do something, or who are told by their paymasters not to do something is not confinded to ouf sport, nor is it confined to this day and age.  Always of course backed up by a doctor's note, or a note from their mums. 

Yeah... And Johnson has missed pretty much every 2nd game this year with recurring muscle injuries, as has RTS over the last month. So while it's disappointing they're not playing, I think it's understandable and forgivable. It's not like the Warriors have banned all their players. In fact, they're probably providing more players next weekend than anyone else. Their other big guns Luke and Blair will be going to Denver, along with a couple of others. 

• Like 2

Back onto Ticket Sales, the $15 tickets added for Bays 110 - 118 have been selling really well, with easily around 1,200 - 1,500 tickets moved in those sections alone in the past week.  

Unsurprisingly the 317 - 330 have been taken off sale, with only small ticket sales into those sections, with I imagine the focus for the rest of the week being on ensuring the lower bowl is as full as possibly by next Saturday.  

With tickets for the match being sold through more than one channel, I'm feeling we must be near the 15K mark now, although it could be more...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

signature.jpg

6 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

Back onto Ticket Sales, the $15 tickets added for Bays 110 - 118 have been selling really well, with easily around 1,200 - 1,500 tickets moved in those sections alone in the past week.  

Unsurprisingly the 317 - 330 have been taken off sale, with only small ticket sales into those sections, with I imagine the focus for the rest of the week being on ensuring the lower bowl is as full as possibly by next Saturday.  

With tickets for the match being sold through more than one channel, I'm feeling we must be near the 15K mark now, although it could be more...  

i think you're right, sales seem to be picking up. It's therefore getting harder to keep up to date, particularly with sections opening and closing . My latest speadsheet total is 13,463, but again to emphasise that this total is not bang up-to-date.

2 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Yeah... And Johnson has missed pretty much every 2nd game this year with recurring muscle injuries, as has RTS over the last month. So while it's disappointing they're not playing, I think it's understandable and forgivable. It's not like the Warriors have banned all their players. In fact, they're probably providing more players next weekend than anyone else. Their other big guns Luke and Blair will be going to Denver, along with a couple of others. 

Blair is likely to be suspended for a Crusher tackle according to media reports.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

15 minutes ago, Allora said:

Blair is likely to be suspended for a Crusher tackle according to media reports.

Well he obviously did it on purpose to get out of playing in Denver, clever boy! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

Sounds promising with the teams about to arrive... if they get above 25k, that's a massive success in my eyes and very much a base to develop from with more games from both international and club sides in preparation for the RLWC25.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Sounds promising with the teams about to arrive... if they get above 25k, that's a massive success in my eyes and very much a base to develop from with more games from both international and club sides in preparation for the RLWC25.

Given that the recent Wales v SA international in Washington seemingly got just over 21k crowd, for a sport which is actualy pretty well established in the US, I would say that above 25k in Denver would be a quite amazing achievement for RL.

• Like 3

Currently watching USA v Scotland RU (late night at work and trying to get to sleep...) on BBC Scotland. Shows what great timing next week’s game is to have it prime time rather than the early hours and even more so if it’s not regionalised coverage. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Currently watching USA v Scotland RU (late night at work and trying to get to sleep...) on BBC Scotland. Shows what great timing next week’s game is to have it prime time rather than the early hours and even more so if it’s not regionalised coverage. 

Also not wishing to take this in to cross code territory but they’ve just shown a caption that the stadium has a 22,000 capacity and there are a LOT of empty seats. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 3:55 AM, Man of Kent said:

This isn’t going to help

Johnson, RTS, Harris and Beale have pulled out. Blair, Luke, Hiku, Maumalo are the only Warriors available.

Kata and Fusitu’a are injured as are Rapana, Marshall, Jesse Bromwich and Foran plus Mannering, Packer and Matulino have retired.

On the plus side, England might win!

Grand for the England brand if we smash them.

This audience won't know any different or have any context.

And neither will a lot of the BBC viewers unless they're told - which they will be

• Haha 1

As we know, players tend to get spun stories of "we expect" to entice them playing so take this tweet two days ago with a pinch of salt: "Sam Burgess just said on Channel 9 that the @England_RL v @NZRL_Kiwis test match next week in Denver is set to attract 45,000 fans"

This sounds like what he's been told than based on facts

• Haha 1

Just like to point out that many Americans have contacted Moore Sports over the ridiculous service charges on Ticketmaster, with many stating they are paying on the gate! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BenGilesRL said:

And neither will a lot of the BBC viewers unless they're told - which they will be

Sad but true.

• Like 1

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, BenGilesRL said:

Englands first Squad V a rabble of a team cobbled together due to injuries, pull out's and Heritage team loyalties.

Its a recipe for something.... A cricket score.

1 minute ago, Allora said:

Englands first Squad V a rabble of a team cobbled together due to injuries, pull out's and Heritage team loyalties.

Its a recipe for something.... A cricket score.

Definitely won't be that 

1 minute ago, BenGilesRL said:

Definitely won't be that 

Its England A versus Kiwi C team.

How well did the Kiwis go last year with more players to choose from?

4 minutes ago, Allora said:

Hope you didn’t bet on New Zealand when you said they’d win by 15 against a ‘wish and hope’ England side

9 minutes ago, Allora said:

But... In the other thread on this subject you said that England do not produce test quality backs unless they move to Australia (the NRL) as kids and that you couldn't even select an England team as there is no quality to choose from.

Isn't this Kiwi team being selected from NRL players?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

But... In the other thread on this subject you said that England do not produce test quality backs unless they move to Australia (the NRL) as kids and that you couldn't even select an England team as there is no quality to choose from.

Isn't this Kiwi team being selected from NRL players?

Its being selected from all of New Zealand's players, local, NRL and Super League isn't it?

Edited by Allora