Paul Rowley - Kieron Purtill beef

Don't we have a governing body to deal with Teams/fans who become a problem, If they do their job (Fairly) Toronto or Leigh will not become any worse than any other club because they will be punished ( or should be ) and their results as a club will no doubt suffer.

You do from time to time get groups of fans who go a bit too far but  it's rarely a permanent thing in League. I remember Hull fans got a bit of a rep a few years ago and i was there when they wrecked  the posts at the John Smiths   but i have never seen the slightest hint of anything since either home or away.

It all needs to be kept in perspective, there will always be the odd one or two idiots and they wont all be from Leigh or Toronto, Mostly Fans in league are ok, the most fair and friendly ones i have come across have been from Warrington and Wigan over the years, but i have had little to no bother with any.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, meast said:

Don't get me wrong, i wasn't referring to the entire fan base, most of who, were very sporting, just a few who were too upset to be able to handle a couple of Catalans fans and some of their friends having the nerve to have a drink after the game.

Well lets have a think here , I've had ' verbals ' from Haven ,Fev,Cas,Leeds,HKR,Hull,Wire,Widnes,Wigan fans over the years , but thats all it was , just fans miffed off because theyd lost or even won on some occaisions

Never had a problem with Hudds fans as there usually isnt many about

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

You're either being naïve or ignorant if you don't think there are comments like that.

Course there are , just like very similar comments made face to face to me after our 1 st game back in SL at Cas last year , and pretty much all through our 2005 campaign

Blame social media for people expressing views they wouldnt personally , we are all probably guilty of that at some point

Quite obviously there is animosity on both sides between the coaching staff at the 2 clubs due to the nature of their exiting one club and joining a rival ' en masse '

So somebody has spoken out first , but nobody except probably the 2 involved knows who started this little spat , the initial incident started apparently at half time , at the final whistle it appeared that it wasnt a heat of the moment incident but perhaps more orchestrated as the physio appeared to move in front of the camera possibly on purpose , also Reni Matua was already trying to pull Paul away from Purtil before Jamie Acton got involved suggesting he wasnt happy with the situation

I'd expect both clubs to get warning letters from the RFL as totheir future conduct

But I still expect it to be on a knife edge until players and coaching staff move on to other jobs

The topic heading of this thread is rather clever.

Quite a few years back a pre season billboard advertising campaign for SL featured Paul Rowley's six pack torso with the slogan :

"British Beef Is Back On The Bone"

I have no idea whether or not the OP was aware of this but it's still impressive.

Anyway, just thought I'd put a positive post about Paul Rowley in amongst the "others".

As you were...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Do you mean as a player ?

If so you do realise Paul played several years in SL for Fax and Huddersfield

Then who am I thinking of ?

I'm sure it was Rowley but not you've said that I know I'm mistaken, so apologies to the other player...

8 minutes ago, Ant said:

Then who am I thinking of ?

I'm sure it was Rowley but not you've said that I know I'm mistaken, so apologies to the other player...

If my memory is correct, Rowley was a hooker if that helps.

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

It was definitly a hooker I was thinking of...to the internet!

I might have been thinking of Turley

4 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Turley played fullback.

Keep digging Ant.

I can tell you right now what will happen when we play Leigh at Lamport..we will all gather at 3 Brewers beforehand for a pint or two, take the mickey out of each other, then we will watch a great game of RL, win or lose we will shake hands with all the players from both sides and then all go into the beer garden for a pint or two, take the mickey out of each other while reliving the game....no drama just bl@@dy good fun.  Those who want to cause trouble can sit and yell at their TV..on both sides of the Atlantic.

Anyone see the video of the Leigh trainer squirting water at Rowley and then head butting him? This Anderson character is lying about it on Twitter and abusing people who call him out on it. 

Looks like assault to me. On top of the Leigh player also assaulting Rowley. The RFL need to ban these grubs permanently and/or the police need to deal with it.

21 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Anyone see the video of the Leigh trainer squirting water at Rowley and then head butting him? This Anderson character is lying about it on Twitter and abusing people who call him out on it. 

Looks like assault to me. On top of the Leigh player also assaulting Rowley. The RFL need to ban these grubs permanently and/or the police need to deal with it.

You must be watching a very different video to me. Assault? Anderson squirts water at Rowley, which he shouldn't have done, then Rowleys squares up to Anderson and they get up close. There is no headbutt from either side. As for Police involvement, for what? 

58 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Just seen that video on a screen bigger than my phone for the first time this morning. There's no punch, just shoving. No headbutt either, they both lead in with the head, albeit Anderson first.

Still not acceptable behaviour though.

Is this a thread worth all this?

The squaring up at the end needs looking into, I did think Rowley only reacted.

I mean they didn't even try to "Bring Back the Biff!" I only managed to shout fight once for goodness sake! All just "Handbags and Gladrags" ..... sorry that should've been on the what are you listening to thread.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Erm, isn't that the very definition of a headbutt? 

No, a Liverpool kiss hurts much more than a push!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

53 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

You must be watching a very different video to me. Assault? Anderson squirts water at Rowley, which he shouldn't have done, then Rowleys squares up to Anderson and they get up close. There is no headbutt from either side. As for Police involvement, for what? 

Should’ve gone to specsavers.

Anderson claims he headed to talk to the ref. Firstly, why the hell is he going anywhere near the ref? Secondly he makes the situation physical by squirting water, then heads towards Rowley, goes in with the head and has a swing at him. That’s assault. It’s not in a game. It’s a deliberate physical attack. Now Anderson is abusing people online over it. What’s Leigh’s reaction to this behaviour? When can we expect action be taken?

So, it was Leigh causing the trouble all along? Will Paul Rowley be getting a few apologies on here?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

25 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

So, it was Leigh causing the trouble all along? Will Paul Rowley be getting a few apologies on here?

I realise this may have brought new heights of pleasure but Leigh are doing what they should be and staying quiet whilst dealing with the RFL . Nice cheap one from Emmitt doing the rounds as well, what with what Bussey got away with v Swinton I am sure NCA

16 hours ago, RobertAM said:

I can tell you right now what will happen when we play Leigh at Lamport..we will all gather at 3 Brewers beforehand for a pint or two, take the mickey out of each other, then we will watch a great game of RL, win or lose we will shake hands with all the players from both sides and then all go into the beer garden for a pint or two, take the mickey out of each other while reliving the game....no drama just bl@@dy good fun.  Those who want to cause trouble can sit and yell at their TV..on both sides of the Atlantic.

Spot on Robert, a couple of good TW lads on our SM site we are looking forward to sharing a beer with. The bad blood is with what went on in 2015, by both players, owners and coaches

2 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Should’ve gone to specsavers.

Anderson claims he headed to talk to the ref. Firstly, why the hell is he going anywhere near the ref? Secondly he makes the situation physical by squirting water, then heads towards Rowley, goes in with the head and has a swing at him. That’s assault. It’s not in a game. It’s a deliberate physical attack. Now Anderson is abusing people online over it. What’s Leigh’s reaction to this behaviour? When can we expect action be taken?

It was about as physical as gene Ormsbys shadow boxing on Saturday, unless you count squirting water as a physical assault. Both Rowley and Anderson were clearly gobbing off and they both change direction and both lean in. 

Archived