Dear Diary

On 7/23/2018 at 5:35 PM, ckn said:

I'm staying at a luxurious Travelodge in London tonight as we're off out to celebrate a very good achievement.  I'm now thinking I might have been better staying at a more premium hotel just for the air-conditioning.  It's damnably hot and humid...

Day Two of the new job over. Realised the one thing I’ve missed more than ever while being off work was going into the office and enjoying the air con. Just got home and it’s too hot ??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Only 3 months and 26 days to semi retirement....

Can't come quick enough

That made me think of a right old argument I overheard yesterday at the place I was at for some meetings.  All I heard was one woman shouting "DO YOU THINK I'M SOME SORT OF BLOODY BANK WORKER YOU CAN JUST ORDER AROUND?!" and another calmly replying "Yes I do" before there was a slammed door and tears.

Apparently a fairly senior nurse had retired on Friday, came back yesterday as a bank nurse and expected nothing to have changed.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Apparently a fairly senior nurse had retired on Friday, came back yesterday as a bank nurse and expected nothing to have changed.

There's the rub. Prep for it. Get your head in the right place for retiring and returning in a different role.

If you were a gaffer and still expect to be..... then the fall will be massive.... and your future in that role, short.

New conservatory coming along nicely, glass goes in tomorrow.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 hours ago, Padge said:

New conservatory coming along nicely, glass goes in tomorrow.

You might want to put that off for a month or two!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

According to Facebook, someone just tried to log into my Facebook account.  Good job I have both two-factor authentication and a very complex password.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Ive deactivated my facebook a/c....for at least a week....

I deleted all my friends and decided to use FB only to "follow" local news and sport pages and I went back to doing friendships in real life, like people used to do.

Not one regret! ? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Off to Kefalonia tomorrow for 10 days chilling the eff out. Hope it's a bit cooler than Bradford! #scorcher #stifling 

It's been raining here in Crete today. Seriously! Not enough for you to need an umbrella, though. Enjoy yourself.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I love hot weather and nice days but tonight's expected thunderstorms are long overdue...

On 7/26/2018 at 1:50 PM, Johnoco said:

Off to Kefalonia tomorrow for 10 days chilling the eff out. Hope it's a bit cooler than Bradford! #scorcher #stifling 

Lovely colourful island is Kefalonia. They do brilliant Green Muscles Saganaki.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

12 hours ago, Padge said:

Lovely colourful island is Kefalonia. They do brilliant Green Muscles Saganaki.

A pedant asks:

Do you mean the mussels are a particularly bright shade of green or they are exceptionally good?

9 hours ago, Shadow said:

A pedant asks:

Do you mean the mussels are a particularly bright shade of green or they are exceptionally good?

I was a little concerned.

It is my birthday day, my girlfriend made me breakfast.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

21 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Someone put four onions on the top of my car overnight.

Some odd souls in Rovrum 

Maybe somebody though you might need/want some onions. 

Obviously some kind souls in Rotherham*

*I'm not from round your way ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Archived