Dear Diary

10 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

He has obviously spent no time with 16 & 17 yo's with 2 stroke bikes, they live on the rev limiter, if you dont heat seize your engine regularly you arent trying hard enough (i owned an FS1-e)

GP-100

The throttle had 2 settings, on or off.

The FS1-e would be worth a fortune now

Edited by Shadow

11 minutes ago, Shadow said:

GP-100

The throttle had 2 settings, on or off.

The FS1-e would be worth a fortune now

Not as much as you think

The fs1e was a M reg goldie orange one (pre dx) that i got about 12 yrs ago from my brother in law, he was moving house it had sat in the garage unused for a long while (he got it as 3rd owner 2 years old in 1976 or something and once rode it from Sheffield to Bristol (2 spark plug changes needed), i used it as a winter bike for 2 years to save my gpz900r, but it was just too hard to maintain not least as the engine bolts are cross head screws made of cheese. I had replaced the rear mudguard with a cheap pattern one and an enduro lighting set after the original cracked above the rear wheel - I rang a classic parts place to enquire and found mine was in better nick than most of what they had (they offered me £100 for mine !!) - so i sold the spare parts i had for silly money (a cheap pattern kickstart lever that only fits the first 2 yrs went for £65), then i sold the bike to the local independant dealership for £250 plus putting my wifes old 125 through an MOT.

They spent 3 yrs restoring it using mechanics downtime and their contacts to source parts (owner rang Smiths to source a speedo and was told they had 2 new old stock left so bought both) - so whilst they may be theoretically worth £6k concourse, to get them to that level costs that amount, even stripping the bike back to bare frame, stripping and powder coating it was a major time consuming job

If i can find a pic (or before and after) I will post

On 12/08/2020 at 08:51, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Unless things are different in England then any past question answers aren’t high level evidence and the school would be taking the proverbial trying to use them as such without substantial other examples eg mock exams to support them. Bedfordshire Bronco may have more On this from English POV though but I think it was a blanket JCQ directive.

well good news and bad

good: uni have offered her her first choice despite not getting the grades required

Bad news - predicted ABBC became BBCE, every single pupil at her school was dropped by at least a grade on 2 subjects, nobody raised. School will appeal at least 2 of hers but no idea of the process yet

All her rugby friends have had grades  lowered despite being at different schools and colleges, 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

well good news and bad

good: uni have offered her her first choice despite not getting the grades required

Bad news - predicted ABBC became BBCE, every single pupil at her school was dropped by at least a grade on 2 subjects, nobody raised. School will appeal at least 2 of hers but no idea of the process yet

All her rugby friends have had grades  lowered despite being at different schools and colleges, 

Good to hear she has first choice.👍👍

Overnight here WGdropped a and a star grades by 13% which means lots of our kids lost out whilst the historically ‘top’ schools are posting record results...😡

Appeals process here means kids have to agree to ‘lose’ the awarded grade and so may end up with a lower one if they appeal 😡😡😡😡 Hope it’s different in England but with Partridge/Spencer in charge probably as bad or worse....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Good to hear she has first choice.👍👍

Overnight here WGdropped a and a star grades by 13% which means lots of our kids lost out whilst the historically ‘top’ schools are posting record results...😡

Appeals process here means kids have to agree to ‘lose’ the awarded grade and so may end up with a lower one if they appeal 😡😡😡😡 Hope it’s different in England but with Partridge/Spencer in charge probably as bad or worse....

she has amate at the RC private school, she was predicted A*A*A* got A*AA, other mate from next town over wont give exact results but saying dropped 2 grades every subject and wouldnt have got onto her Sports Science course if it was not for unconditional. A mates son who was born in Paderborn and speaks fluent german (german mother who uses it at home) has had his A* prediction downed to a B

• Sad 1

Please remember that any political stuff should go on the political forum. There's a discussion on the Tories thread there about this subject.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

13 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Not really political to say straight facts that ALevel grades well down on predictions with little rhyme or reason

That's why nothing has been moved, it was just a hint as things were getting to the stage of pointing fingers.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 09/07/2020 at 22:54, Copa said:

I had a second poem published a few weeks ago. The editors are quite renowned in their fields too so I’m quite happy with myself.

I’ve been writing a lot more poetry and I’m also feeling more confident and capable with regards to my poetry.

Up until last year I never thought I’d be the sort of person to write poetry. It was a friend who encouraged me to give it a try because she thought I’d be good at it.

A little bit of encouragement can change person’s life in a small way.

I have now had a poem accepted for publication in a major US poetry journal that accepts submissions from around the world.

I was very surprised to get the acceptance email.

I feel a bit like I have imposters syndrome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SSoutherner said:

Not really political to say straight facts that ALevel grades well down on predictions with little rhyme or reason

Obviously, in this case, there is no political motive behind the post. 😀😀

Four legs good - two legs bad

2 hours ago, Copa said:

I have now had a poem accepted for publication in a major US poetry journal that accepts submissions from around the world.

If you get in and it's unexpected then either:

- your uncle runs the place; or
- your submission was genuinely good.

If it's the latter then well done! 😉

20 hours ago, Copa said:

You have no right to imposter syndrome .😕

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, JohnM said:

When?  Presumably in less than 2 years. 👍

I like your new avatar, John. It definitely gets my approval.👍

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

My laptop was running slow, so I took it to the computer doctors on Bohemia Road, and they fitted a new hard drive, it wasn't cheap, and I lost Windows Office, but it is now as fast as it was when it was new.

I had to do a complete factory reset on mine a few weeks back cos it was so slow it was basically stood still. Seems alright now and I'd transferred all my files over to an older laptop when it had first started to slow down so I didn't lose anything at least.