Tuimoala Lolohea may be coming to Super League

Wests Tigers have given the dynamic utility back, Tuimoala Lolohea, the green light to seek another club for 2019. Though he could go to another NRL club, reports are that he is eyeing the possibility of going to Super League.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/09/wests-tigers-tuimoala-lolohea-latest-playmaker-eyeing-a-super-league-move/

He is a brilliant attacking player player, with great speed and footwork, who can play full back, wing, centre and five eighth. He can also kick goals.

His fitness and form have been the reasons for his demotion at Wests Tigers. But when he was at New Zealand Warriors he demonstrated match winning form. He has also starred for Tonga.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that he doesn't go to Warrington, because if he does (to play full back or centre) his combination with Blake Austin will make Warrington almost unbeatable, especially if Ben Barba leaves St. Helens.

If Ben Barba leaves St Helens, and Tuimoala Lolohea comes to Super League to a top 8 club,  expect Lolohea and Austin to be neck and neck for Man of Steel in 2019. They are two very exciting attacking players.

Now that would be a good signing . This kid was the next big thing in the Warriors allconquering junior set up , got a bit lost in trying find a set position somewhere but he’s xfactor 

He's got a lot of talent, but weight can be an issue. For a guy who can play anywhere in the backline, it is telling that he still can't make a Tigers side that struggles to score points. Still, he's got the ability to be a top five-eighth if he joins one of Super League's better clubs. He was good in the World Cup at 6 - that's his best spot.

Lolohea`s best position is stand off,he is no full back. The Warriors mucked him around summat shocking because him and Johnson couldn`t get a good partnership going. Full back,wing,centre,on the bench filling in when somebody was injured,the poor bloke didn`t know where he was. Same at the Tigers,starts at stand off,then they sign Benji and Reynolds and he finds himself at full back again. Enter Mbye so he`s surplus to requirements there too now. Good luck Tui,he`s a good player,vastly under valued and will be a great acquisition over there.

5 hours ago, Kris said:

Brough to Wakey - apparently for next season - Giants have cap to spend so may be another interested player in there for the kids signature

That would fit in with the rumoured imminent player swap deal between Warrington and a Yorkshire club.   Maybe Wakey are offloading Fifita or one of their other highly paid players.   Doubt it will be Johnstone though...

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

It looks like Moon is leaving Leeds, so the rumour linking Lolohea to them may have some basis.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Do you watch much Super League?

Or Melbourne v St George last week? :wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

It looks like Moon is leaving Leeds, so the rumour linking Lolohea to them may have some basis.

Looks confirmed now for both players. Definitely a better half than Moon so I’m pleased but they need to get him on a diet 

59 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Sandow to the Loiners is the rumour round here in north Leeds. 

Thats bizarre he must be coming on a trial basis.   Get fit and play for a contract, whilst adhering to a curfew.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

7 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Sandow to the Loiners is the rumour round here in north Leeds. 

Is that a rumour only in north Leeds? Haven't the people of south Leeds heard it yet?

Sandow could only be brought in on a one year trial, with preseason conditioning and discipline being mandatory.

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Is that a rumour only in north Leeds? Haven't the people of south Leeds heard it yet?

Sandow could only be brought in on a one year trial, with preseason conditioning and discipline being mandatory.

It hasn’t reached the echelons of east Leeds yet

Archived