YORK REACTION

town4me

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, town4me said:

York press said  they  were adamant they were stronger now than they were when they beat us  40-8 earlier in the season . So to bring it to a narrow defeat to a stronger team shows how far we have come. Roll on the run in

Thought you were a far better team today than when we beat you earlier in the season, cant believe a couple of you wanted Pryce sacked, Rome wasnt built in a day.

8 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Thought you were a far better team today than when we beat you earlier in the season, cant believe a couple of you wanted Pryce sacked, Rome wasnt built in a day.

No one with any inkling of sanity wants him sacked. 

11 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Did anyone that couldn't make the game today watch it it on ouleague, how did it come across? Sensible reply plz. 

Streamed the game from my phone via Chromecast over here in the Netherlands in the local bar.

Great to have Town being shown in the same company as Joss  Verstappen ,AJAX and the Spurs game  ?

Picture quality was great but had problem with the sound and the camera from the score board didnt show Derwent Park at its best with a few locals asking where the crowd was. (Town End terrace was empty ).

Cracking game but still confused why, in a match that was always going to be close, we didnt take the points on offer in the first two minutes...Two 90 m tries from Town attacking were hard to take but thought the game was a great advert for League 1.

Enjoyed it but to be honest I think York just about deserved the win.

Fantastic game which could have gone either way, great advertisement for the floating fans to hopefully attract them down for a strong run in! As someone has mentioned already we look a totally different team when Dickinson Fui and Dawson are on the field, we make so many more yards and look a lot more dangerous near the try line. I think I'm right in saying we conceded the points in the second half when 2 of them were on the bench, don't know how much we can take from that but the difference in quality is certainly there in attack.

1 hour ago, yanto said:

Streamed the game from my phone via Chromecast over here in the Netherlands in the local bar.

Great to have Town being shown in the same company as Joss  Verstappen ,AJAX and the Spurs game  ?

Picture quality was great but had problem with the sound and the camera from the score board didnt show Derwent Park at its best with a few locals asking where the crowd was. (Town End terrace was empty ).

Cracking game but still confused why, in a match that was always going to be close, we didnt take the points on offer in the first two minutes...Two 90 m tries from Town attacking were hard to take but thought the game was a great advert for League 1.

Enjoyed it but to be honest I think York just about deserved the win.

Spot on tanto, you don't turn down two points against teams like York

We turned down two points in front of the sticks at 18-18 at Odsal , and in other games like the derby we’ve done it . Hindsight is great and it’s positive intent but I’m a big believer in goalkicks being vital - it’s half a try ! Just keeps ticking you along and it can be an investment for later if it’s tight . Not sure who’s calling it as we often look to the sideline . I think in this tight situation we may need to think about it

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

We turned down two points in front of the sticks at 18-18 at Odsal , and in other games like the derby we’ve done it . Hindsight is great and it’s positive intent but I’m a big believer in goalkicks being vital - it’s half a try ! Just keeps ticking you along and it can be an investment for later if it’s tight . Not sure who’s calling it as we often look to the sideline . I think in this tight situation we may need to think about it

Agree David, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I would always go for the points in a tight game. I suppose yesterday it was made worse because in the set that followed,  forbers kick was collected and a try for York resulted. Watching that on the video Elliot was rushing through and was in space to get to that ball had it found it’s way to the line. By such small margins games are won and lost.

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

I couldn’t see us getting promotion . .....

Brings to mind earlier in the season a few notable pundits confidently and hopefully predicting mid-table mediocrity from Town towards the end of the season but who are now strangely absent. Can I have some 'confused' emoji's please ?

13 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Agree David, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I would always go for the points in a tight game. I suppose yesterday it was made worse because in the set that followed,  forbers kick was collected and a try for York resulted. Watching that on the video Elliot was rushing through and was in space to get to that ball had it found it’s way to the line. By such small margins games are won and lost.

The conditions as well are a factor - they looked low scoring , tight slog conditions yesterday . It helps when you’re not hitting the post from close range to ! Whatever game you see sharpshooters are absolutely priceless 

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when we turned down the 2 at Bradford we kicked to the corner and played out the set and Penky scored of the last. 

It's a tough one but sometimes works for you and sometimes it doesn't. 

Heard and read criticism of the kick plays and maybe the execution wasn't quite there on those 2 kicks but I know those 2 lads where beating themselves up about them in the bar after.

We've scored a lot of points from kick plays this year and to be fair to go full length and get that rub of the green twice was pretty unlucky for the kick option to end up like that. 

Towns goal line defence was awesome and to a man they were superb. 

If Elliott gathers that ball 40 out at full tilt he's going in under the sticks and we win.......so close to doing the job!

Great to see a good crowd with approx 1500 home support. 

Well done all at the club for the promotion, the bar was vibrant and Tony Herald was very good as was John Hastings! 

Great day, we lost but played well but that's sport. 

UTT

5 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when we turned down the 2 at Bradford we kicked to the corner and played out the set and Penky scored of the last. 

It's a tough one but sometimes works for you and sometimes it doesn't. 

Heard and read criticism of the kick plays and maybe the execution wasn't quite there on those 2 kicks but I know those 2 lads where beating themselves up about them in the bar after.

We've scored a lot of points from kick plays this year and to be fair to go full length and get that rub of the green twice was pretty unlucky for the kick option to end up like that. 

Towns goal line defence was awesome and to a man they were superb. 

If Elliott gathers that ball 40 out at full tilt he's going in under the sticks and we win.......so close to doing the job!

Great to see a good crowd with approx 1500 home support. 

Well done all at the club for the promotion, the bar was vibrant and Tony Herald was very good as was John Hastings! 

Great day, we lost but played well but that's sport. 

UTT

Doran dropped it going for the line 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Doran dropped it going for the line 

As I said, I stand corrected! 

However sort of same point sort of ,if Doran scores then it's the right option if he didn't it can be said it's the wrong call. 

Small margins. 

How do you see the last 3 panning out David ? 

1 minute ago, Ginock1 said:

As I said, I stand corrected! 

However sort of same point sort of ,if Doran scores then it's the right option if he didn't it can be said it's the wrong call. 

Small margins. 

How do you see the last 3 panning out David ? 

True , everything’s clear working back and everything’s rubbish if it doesn’t work . In those conditions against that rush defence kicks were great options . The execution was off but they still needed scoring . That’s the swings n roundabouts , as a coach I’d say you can swallow that , you’re trying things - they hardly ever broke our line though and we scored three nice tries. 

Winning them . From what I saw we’re as good now at this stage of the season as anyone and should be fearful of no one 

Not that it mattered in the end but for York I was surprised Connor Robinson didn't decide to go for 2 when we had 3 second half penalties, ok none were directly in front of the sticks but he's been kicking goals for fun this season, and I think all were within range. Would've put 2 trys between the sides, bearing in mind a point would've been enough yesterday.

As for your missed conversion near the sticks, does Forber always kick like that? I don't know if he slipped or what but he didn't look comfortable at all.

Analyse all you want the games turning points were the two break away tries, I am gutted for Jamie & Buffer they are players who always 100% typified by Jamie taking on half the York team trying to get town moving from within their own half. This season is not over yet and if we keep performing like we have over the last few games, who knows what may happen. UTT

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ollie took some punishment yesterday . What a warrior he is . He was complaining of a crusher tackle early on and went on at the ref about it for a good while 

He is one of best middle units we have had for a long time, lot of his work goes unnoticed, He takes us forward time and time again. Dickinson looks to be in same mould

26 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Not that it mattered in the end but for York I was surprised Connor Robinson didn't decide to go for 2 when we had 3 second half penalties, ok none were directly in front of the sticks but he's been kicking goals for fun this season, and I think all were within range. Would've put 2 trys between the sides, bearing in mind a point would've been enough yesterday.

As for your missed conversion near the sticks, does Forber always kick like that? I don't know if he slipped or what but he didn't look comfortable at all.

Buffer is one of the best, but unfortunately missed a couple yesterday that he would normally have back heeled over. That's the way it goes I guess.

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Buffer is one of the best, but unfortunately missed a couple yesterday that he would normally have back heeled over. That's the way it goes I guess.

He's a top goal-kicker for sure....he allowed for the wind with his first failure...but the wind didn't affect flight at all...re second which hit upright, well you couldn't do that if aimed for I guess.

If Elliot had gathered kick thru right at end Town would have snatched the win.....

Great to have so much Townie company on Popular side...with away fans preferring to sit in Grandstand ??

Wonder how collection for Dan Bewley went ?

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

True , everything’s clear working back and everything’s rubbish if it doesn’t work . In those conditions against that rush defence kicks were great options . The execution was off but they still needed scoring . That’s the swings n roundabouts , as a coach I’d say you can swallow that , you’re trying things - they hardly ever broke our line though and we scored three nice tries. 

Winning them . From what I saw we’re as good now at this stage of the season as anyone and should be fearful of no one 

Newcastle and Donny will be hard games.................but winnable UTT

Looking back in the cold light of day the game was a great advertisement for  championship 1, 2 teams evenly matched and one of the cleanest games I've witnessed in years considering the great atmosphere and high stakes. Pity it wasn't a good enough spectacle to make tonight's N&S back page. Once again it's dominated by our neighbours and there magnificent victory at high flying Hemel !!! Sorry to bang on about this but it really is a disgrace and needs sorted.

Could have gone either way yesterday, 2 top teams going hammer & tongs, great to watch, disappointed not to win. Well done N&S obviously the mighty havens fantastic victory at Hemel overshadows anything that happened at DP. Get a grip and get behind the Town.

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

He is one of best middle units we have had for a long time, lot of his work goes unnoticed, He takes us forward time and time again. Dickinson looks to be in same mould

Wish everyone could go forward with the pound for pound energy that Olstrum inputs, bit like Matty Mcleod back in the day......great effort....poor lad had his arm in makeshift shirt sling in closing stages...

Archived