YORK REACTION

town4me

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can you say ? Totally gutted , we gave it to them . Top of the league this that an tother , I don’t think they’d score all day. Two bloody terrible kicks ( again ) just changed everything . We were bang on top. That was that . We were immense we gave everything but in that last twenty we just could hardly get any good field position - our errors and that kid again pinging  us over n over . Feel like our pocket has been picked . They were just containing and holding on to what they had and we couldn’t get a real concerted go at them . Tell ya we’ve nowt to fear , that’s the positive . Defence unbelievably strong - need a bit more precision and execution in attack at times but overall we left it all out there 

Fantastic game and great coverage for league 1

nothing to fear going into the play offs even more so if two get automatic promotion, we beat ourselves at the end of the day with two lucky interceptions, they look a real solid outfit, hope they go on to clinch the title! UP THE TOWN!! 

Also great to see 1500 there 

Fine margins in games like that, we were unlucky with their try from Jamie’s grubber especially as he was taken off the ball when going to regather it but the other one was a terrible kick from Carl right at midriff height and straight at the York player. I thought overall York just edged it as they were livelier with the ball but our defence was magnificent. The lads gave it their all and that’s all you can ask.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Fine margins in games like that, we were unlucky with their try from Jamie’s grubber especially as he was taken off the ball when going to regather it but the other one was a terrible kick from Carl right at midriff height and straight at the York player. I thought overall York just edged it as they were livelier with the ball but our defence was magnificent. The lads gave it their all and that’s all you can ask.

Fine margins yes . The breakaway tries which just shifted momentum when I thought we could get a firm hold , goal kicks with three tries each ... but I guess it’s learning to get the job done in tight games more often . One thing they did do was manage the game from in front and strangle us in our own end 

its still in our own control ... York and Bradford and matching both , could have won both , so what we face now we should do with confidence . Keep up this standard and intensity and we should be doing ok . That’s the test , consistency in performance which we’ve struggled with at times . Loads of positives for us from these last two games 

Bit of luck was all we needed, sadly went other way, but best game we have seen at dp this season by a mile.

Showed where we are, probably lacked a bit of pace outwide but hey great effort by all 17. Dickinson continues to impress me , when he and Dawson plus Fui on field we dominated

Well and truly gutted. That game was there for the taking. We had York rocking when they got that first breakaway try and I couldn’t believe it when they did it a second time but fair play to the boys they dug deep and with just a little bit of luck we could have still won it. 

Defence was unbelievable at times so a big shout out to all 17. 

Hope york go on to win the title and keep those arrogant bulls waiting to see if they can go up via the play offs.

Man that's hard to take, beaten by 2 terrible attacking kicks. I thought we were the better team, but by a tiny margin. York are a very well coached team, good line speed in defence and a great structure in attack. But the didn't open us up and our goal line defence was outstanding. 50/50s went against us which was annoying, but if we kicked our goals we draw. We'll done the York fans too who stayed back to applaud our lads off, good set of fans that. 

Who was given man of the match? Because it should have been olstrum, what an outstanding effort by him, he ran hard and tackled everything. 

Two games against the top two Dickinson was massive . Eliot looks a top centre he was a standout but we need more behind the scrum to compliment him . And our passing across the line is ponderous a bit to much which doesn’t help . All the pack did a great shift and Sam impresses more every week , safe as houses . I’m more confident of our chances than before Bradford game 

Totally sickened. 2 bad kicks gave them the win. Apart from that tho the team played well. Defence really good. 

Ref was poor with the offside rule but York were fast and played good rugby. 

Can't say it's the best game I've watched at DP. Maybe I was just too nervous to enjoy it. 

I don't think MOM was announced, who got it? I would give it to Dickinson. Thought he had a great game. 

Be interesting to watch the game on video. I'd like to see if it was a forward pass when Fui broke away. A try from that and we would of won it. 

Big up the York fans. Applauded our team as much as their own. I hope they win this league and leave the Bulls behind !!!!!!!!!!! 

Totally gutted. 2 top class teams going toe to toe. York are head and shoulders above Bradford, and to be fair I think we’re the 2nd best team out there over recent form. Carl’s kick was a shocker and we just don’t have the pace to catch the breakaway, if only we still had tee and that would have ended around 40 meters out. Jamie’s was a bit of a shocker as well, and again we lacked any pace to get back at them. If Karl isn’t signed on for next season by about 7 o clock tonight the board need there head seeing to as the effort that lad puts in everyweek is unreal. I agree newts turned the game in our favour and should have been left out there the full 2nd half. Though ell was class again and Sam solid as a rock. Both Tyler’s really stood up and would love to see them here again next season. Our defence is the best I’ve ever seen, if we could add a bit more attacking flair next season will be our year. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

Man that's hard to take, beaten by 2 terrible attacking kicks. I thought we were the better team, but by a tiny margin. York are a very well coached team, good line speed in defence and a great structure in attack. But the didn't open us up and our goal line defence was outstanding. 50/50s went against us which was annoying, but if we kicked our goals we draw. We'll done the York fans too who stayed back to applaud our lads off, good set of fans that. 

Who was given man of the match? Because it should have been olstrum, what an outstanding effort by him, he ran hard and tackled everything. 

Elliot but agree Karl was immense

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Miller was MOM I think, agree on Olstrum and hope his shoulder is ok but wouldn't disagree with Elliott either (  who had a bad game?)

Real good effort by the lads, but fair play to York they found a way to win and were a real good team, their defence line speed killed us and the ref wasn't one for policing the line. It was a proper good game of rugby with no malice from either team.

Nobody can have anything to complain about the effort all 17 lads put in, the defence was outstanding. Good luck to York they were a cracking team and deserved champions elect.

Next week we have to go again and not let the standard drop. Great effort lads UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Well obviously just in us playing them but I didn’t think either York or Bradford were anything really outstanding . That’s a big compliment on us to a big degree but I wasn’t sitting there thinking how great they were

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Well obviously just in us playing them but I didn’t think either York or Bradford were anything really outstanding . That’s a big compliment on us to a big degree but I wasn’t sitting there thinking how great they were

Exactly what I was thinking as well David

Just watched the last 20 on our league app. While both kicks were poor it was amazing to see Karl sprinting back on both occasions trying to get there. Incredible commitment and fair play to the lad. Penky’s pass to Fui was a line ball at best but could understand why it was given to be honest although if it hadn’t been he was away.

Wow, that game would have graced the championship , pace commitment everything, fair play to York, good side,just edged it,  for Town playing like that against any other team in the league would have been a 30 pt win. Disappointed but not down, we have come along way .

48 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Bit of luck was all we needed, sadly went other way, but best game we have seen at dp this season by a mile.

Showed where we are, probably lacked a bit of pace outwide but hey great effort by all 17. Dickinson continues to impress me , when he and Dawson plus Fui on field we dominated

Agreed, as much as I like and admire their work rate we were much better when those two replaced Scholey and Curwen. Lucky us that we've got all four. 

So so proud to be a Town Fan today. The commitment and effort from 1-17 was immense!! Everyone saying 2 poor kicks but on another day those kicks could have gone through the legs or bounced off them & we score!! Fair play to York the got faster play the balls than us and looked that bit slicker, but so proud of our boys today and the improvement shown from the start of the season the while team & coach deserved the ovation they got at the end! Hope some of those fans who turned up today that haven’t been for a while will be back to support the team over the coming weeks! 

Archived