8 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 14:00

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ravens88 said:

Way to miss the point.  You can compete at a decent level and be a sustainable club.

Being garbage (Widnes) to very poor (Salford) for 23 rounds and suddenly investing in players

makes a mockery of the competition and brings it into disrepute. 

Haven't Toronto just signed Caton Brown or does that not count?

Just now, RobertAM said:

You whiners need a reality check..Toronto with a healthy squad would have blown Salford out of the park.

I REALLY missed Liam Kay today....

1 hour ago, redsi42 said:

“The first slip of his mask” Maybe Hastings isn’t the star everyone seems to be making out.  He’s turning out to be quite a liability at the reds. Other clubs should take note he’s a ruffian and quite possibly a scally wag after that performance. 

I understand you, obviously others don't. 

I see the "McCrone factor" of incompetence reared it's head again today, this is one of Rowleys big mistakes, having a guy as main playmaker who is quite clearly not up to the job in hand, Lui and Hastings made him look like he is a complete novice, and not for the first time this season he has apparently been out played, he won't last 2 minutes in SL should they get there. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I see the "McCrone factor" of incompetence reared it's head again today, this is one of Rowleys big mistakes, having a guy as main playmaker who us quite clearly not up to the job in hand, Lui and Hastings made him look like he is a complete novice, and not for the first time this season he as apparently been out played, he won't last 2 minutes in SL shoukd they get there. 

And neither will Chase Stanley.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Not passed me by SL, the noise from them is deafening, do you reckon they are missing the beer tents?

We missed having a crowd today too ;)

But seriously, the beer selection today was terrible

8 minutes ago, red rose said:

If Toronto were in super league with this squad they would finish above Widnes only

They will be in next season and would expect quite a few new players and probably coach as well.

At least half a dozen capable recruits will be required, the evidence is there for all to see played SL clubs 10 and 11 and 0/2, if they replace Widnes, without a good requirement drive they will also take inherit the Widnes league position.

Are they subject to the same salery cap as everyone else?

Superb first half from Salford.

Gutsy response from the Wolfpack but I do think there was a gulf in quality whilst it was 13 v 13 and later 12 v 12.

Robert Lui is the main man at Salford and the addition of Hastings has only made him better.

Toronto I do feel need to dispose of Rowley & Noble they have been badly advised there.

"Hello... is that Alanis?.... Alanis Morissette?....  I'm phoning from England...Yes, that's right: London; the queen; casual xenophobia... No, i'm afraid I'm not a fan... I'm just phoning about a rugby match... No, League... That's right, the one where everyone is always moaning... Well, today, Salford played Toronto... Yes, that's right, they are known as the Thugpack. That's what I'm phoning about. You see, Salford had two players sent off and one sinbinned, all for high tackles... No, they're not a particularly dirty team... Well, I just wanted to let you know that that is ironic... No, don't mention it... Thanks for taking my call... Bye... Bye."

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I see the "McCrone factor" of incompetence reared it's head again today, this is one of Rowleys big mistakes, having a guy as main playmaker who is quite clearly not up to the job in hand, Lui and Hastings made him look like he is a complete novice, and not for the first time this season he has apparently been out played, he won't last 2 minutes in SL should they get there. 

McCrone is a terrible player, I agree. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Marwan + Toronto = unpleasantly abusive ranting. He's going down in the estimation of a lot of neutrals at the moment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

"Hello... is that Alanis?.... Alanis Morissette?....  I'm phoning from England...Yes, that's right: London; the queen; casual xenophobia... No, i'm afraid I'm not a fan... I'm just phoning about a rugby match... No, League... That's right, the one where everyone is always moaning... Well, today, Salford played Toronto... Yes, that's right, they are known as the Thugpack. That's what I'm phoning about. You see, Salford had two players sent off and one sinbinned, all for high tackles... No, they're not a particularly dirty team... Well, I just wanted to let you know that that is ironic... No, don't mention it... Thanks for taking my call... Bye... Bye."

Jesus. That really is like rain on your wedding day

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Man... that sure took the scenic route before bringing it home.

Archived