Dual Reg scenario for next year

Blue Pike

Just a thought to get off my chest and I am interested in a reply or two about this one .Say next year we go about our usual D.R buisiness i.e bringing in one or two FRINGE Players or Academy Players from Leeds throughout the 2019 season to add to our Team and we do quite well and luckily finish 5th in the table and go into the playoffs as the form Team and luckily reach the final for the right to enter SL.Unfortunately we have picked up bad injuries to say Riddy,Davies and Hardcastle.Leeds by this time have finished mid table and their season is over.Is it possible for Leeds to release say six of their star first Team players on DR to us who are obviously better than Championship players to get us over this final hurdle into SL.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there's sure to still be an end-of-season deadline with a certain number of games having to be played on DR before that deadline to be eligible.

In any event, can't see too many "star first team players" wanting to forego Mad Monday and stay fit and in training just to appear in some Championship games when they're already battered by that stage of the season.

No matter what the advantages and monetary gains from gaining SL status, I do not relish the thought of "borrowing" several high flyers from another club to achieve this. Lets be fair to our own lads.

5 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Just a thought to get off my chest and I am interested in a reply or two about this one .Say next year we go about our usual D.R buisiness i.e bringing in one or two FRINGE Players or Academy Players from Leeds throughout the 2019 season to add to our Team and we do quite well and luckily finish 5th in the table and go into the playoffs as the form Team and luckily reach the final for the right to enter SL.Unfortunately we have picked up bad injuries to say Riddy,Davies and Hardcastle.Leeds by this time have finished mid table and their season is over.Is it possible for Leeds to release say six of their star first Team players on DR to us who are obviously better than Championship players to get us over this final hurdle into SL.

Would it even be in Leeds's interest to get us into SL, given that our DR arrangement relies on the gulf in quality between us?

What are the rules for DR arrangements? Would our arrangement be voided if we gained SL status or Leeds were relegated? 

A lot could depend on Rhinos' injury situation, which was as bad as Fev's in 2018. If they don't get many there will be some high quality players looking for a game, which could help reach the play-offs, but after that most of them are unlikely to be available if registration rules prevent them. Leeds aren't going to go into their play-offs without cover. 

Any side wanting to make a real push for SL needs to hold some cash back to strengthen or fill gaps where needed at the back end of the season.

16 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Wouldn’t bother me if legally ET and his mates with 3 legs wearing Fev shirts got us through this final into SL rather than our lads failing.Maybe my principles are lower than most but then again maybe not.

So it wouldn’t bother you then if your coach dropped some of your players who’ve probably played majority of season to bring in Rhinos players?

7 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

So it wouldn’t bother you then if your coach dropped some of your players who’ve probably played majority of season to bring in Rhinos players?

It hasn't happened much Graham, most of the D/R players have been covering injuries or suspensions, although I can remember Brett Delaney playing once when not needed. It could be a real dilemma next season though if both clubs have better luck on this front. What would you do if you were offered Briscoe, Handley and Newman all at once and all Fev's backs were fit and available too?

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

It hasn't happened much Graham, most of the D/R players have been covering injuries or suspensions, although I can remember Brett Delaney playing once when not needed. It could be a real dilemma next season though if both clubs have better luck on this front. What would you do if you were offered Briscoe, Handley and Newman all at once and all Fev's backs were fit and available too?

Tbh I’d pick my own players above DR but that’s why I’m stood on the terraces every week and not in the dugout ?

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Given our departures I think we may need all those 3 each week anyway !! 

But assuming that there are one or two more signings to come - I still don't think that the much anticipated selection dilemma will ever come (with or without DR) - Our injuries always seem to take care of that headache for the coach.....   

21 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Wouldn’t bother me if legally ET and his mates with 3 legs wearing Fev shirts got us through this final into SL rather than our lads failing.Maybe my principles are lower than most but then again maybe not.

I'm with you. SL by any means necessary. Even if that meant fielding the ghosts of Jimmy Saville and Harold Shipman as our 6 and 7.

6 hours ago, graham fisher said:

No that’s life I would want the strongest Team available on the day to win that match.There is no sentimental bias towards players  in business when there is a million quid at stake.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:17 PM, Blue Pike said:

You'd make a good SL chairman ? 

23 hours ago, haskey said:

On the  subject of Briscoe. did we or did we not get some kind of settlement from Leeds . If not why Not ??? 

I think something was said at a fans' forum along the lines of Leeds always having first right of refusal on him. Perhaps some agreement when he initially joined us a couple of years ago.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that Leeds don't appear to have actually announced Briscoe as a signing for 2019? That said, I don't think they have announced much yet with all their coaching changes. Still wouldn't surprise me if one way or another we saw him in a Fev shirt at some point next season, a lot of Leeds fans don't seem convinced that he's done enough to establish himself as starting calibre at SL level, will be interesting to see if they add another wing in the off-season.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:25 AM, Blue Pike said:

What about when you are in 13th place with four games of the season left - will these Leeds players actually want to turn out for you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:22 AM, Steve Slater said:

Dignity? Self-respect? Clearly things of the past at Fev if your attitude is anything to go by. You're clearly being used, isn't it obvious? 

On 10/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think something was said at a fans' forum along the lines of Leeds always having first right of refusal on him. Perhaps some agreement when he initially joined us a couple of years ago.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that Leeds don't appear to have actually announced Briscoe as a signing for 2019? That said, I don't think they have announced much yet with all their coaching changes. Still wouldn't surprise me if one way or another we saw him in a Fev shirt at some point next season, a lot of Leeds fans don't seem convinced that he's done enough to establish himself as starting calibre at SL level, will be interesting to see if they add another wing in the off-season.

I think this will be the same as the young Leeds lads that have signed this year if they turn out to be good players they will end up back at Leeds for no fee .

14 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

Dignity? Self-respect? Clearly things of the past at Fev if your attitude is anything to go by. You're clearly being used, isn't it obvious? 

What by Gary Hethrington? No, never! ? 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Fev1983 said:

Come on saville and shipman ? But yet I agree with you.

Thought that we are a family club. Most inappropriate to quote the name of a horrendous paedophile on our forum as someone you would not object to, to represent the club, even in jest.

31 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Thought that we are a family club. Most inappropriate to quote the name of a horrendous paedophile on our forum as someone you would not object to, to represent the club, even in jest.

Multiple mass murders are okay though!

Lol.

Lets not take everything too seriously. Im sure everyone here shares yr opinions on murders and paedophiles saddleworth.

Archived