Dual Reg scenario for next year

Blue Pike

20 minutes ago, phildog said:

Batley have never had 4/5 DR at the same time, I believe that when we beat Fev we had 2 in, Mullaley and Johnson (or Fairbank, not sure); neither of whom were first team material at Giants at the time. My definition of Rhino first-teamers? Goulding, Lilley, Briscoe, shall I go on? AND it was DR that should have got us relegated, properly and fairly, by playing an inelligible player, only getting off in a technicality. I stated what DR is for, and that is what Batley have used it for, unlike Fev and Sheffield, imaging Adam Swift being declared not a capable first-teamers?

This is laughable. Jordan Lilley found his level in League One last year, Briscoe only got into the Leeds 1st team because he improved massively with Fev, and Golding is barely SL quality and Leeds are reportedly looking to offload him. Meanwhile Batley also used the iikes of Greg Minikin and Mariano ( back when he was still a good player) on DR, but that's somehow different too I suppose.

This idea from certain quarters that their use of DR was pure and proper compared to ours is comedy gold. It's a bit like a street walking girl saying she only did it a couple of nights a week so it didn't count.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, phildog said:

. My definition of Rhino first-teamers? Goulding, Lilley, Briscoe, shall I go on? 

goulding didnt play for us lilley played twice at start of season but  that leeds first teamer has been on loan at bradford for the  last four months and until hall got injured briscoe was a FEV player

I don't understand the argument. If we have abided by the rules and worked those rules to our advantage what is the grousing  about. It is called proper management. You look at the overall situation and then use the available resources to enable you to do your best on the pitch. End of story.

39 minutes ago, phildog said:

. My definition of Rhino first-teamers? Goulding, Lilley, Briscoe, shall I go on? 

goulding didnt play for us lilley played twice at start of season but  that leeds first teamer has been on loan at bradford for the  last four months and until hall got injured briscoe was a FEV player

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

This is laughable. Jordan Lilley found his level in League One last year, Briscoe only got into the Leeds 1st team because he improved massively with Fev, and Golding is barely SL quality and Leeds are reportedly looking to offload him. Meanwhile Batley also used the iikes of Greg Minikin and Mariano ( back when he was still a good player) on DR, but that's somehow different too I suppose.

This idea from certain quarters that their use of DR was pure and proper compared to ours is comedy gold. It's a bit like a street walking girl saying she only did it a couple of nights a week so it didn't count.

Quite.

You either use Dual Reg or you don't.

The minute you sign up to it, it nullifies your criticism of others doing the same....

You're either in or you aren't.... it's like a lass saying I'm only a bit pregnant.... she either is or isn't....

Goulding didn't play for you? I saw him play at Batley 2017....Briscoe had played for Leeds....still hey ho, don't let the facts get in the way etc etc ......

Baldwinson was more Fev than Leeds. Ormondroyd was one of our own. Newman is still learning his trade though he will become a star. Handley turned his game around in the few games he had with Fev. So who did we actually get in the super bracket? All these players gave their all for Fev. The only regular Leeds player we had was Delaney and that as sub in a game at Swinton. We hardly misused the situation.

This Dual Reg debate comes full circle in repetitive questions and answers.In a nut shell it is in the laws to either use it or not .We choose to use it to give us as much advantage as possible to reach as high as possible in the table to achieve possible SL inclusion.To all the Batley fans that show negativity all I can say to the jealous ones is that at the end of next season HOPEFULLY we will look down at you in the table and wave .

Most of the Dewsbury and Batley fans are fair and knowledgeable. There are one or two though that like to come on and get a reaction. We've got some fans exactly the same. The day someone stops criticising Fev and stops looking for our assumed failings will mean that we really are the pits?

For me, it is up to individual clubs how they choose to function, and has nothing to do with other clubs or indeed other supporters. As we all know, decisions are made by those who run our clubs that we as supporters are in no position to influence or even question. Yet those self same supporters have to take the flack from other supporters on here when it comes.

However, all those Fev supporters who are annoyed at the comments from other club's supporters might well remember the comments which went the other way when things were good at Fev towards the supporters of other clubs, in particular towards Swinton.

What goes around comes around!

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

This Dual Reg debate comes full circle in repetitive questions and answers.In a nut shell it is in the laws to either use it or not .We choose to use it to give us as much advantage as possible to reach as high as possible in the table to achieve possible SL inclusion.To all the Batley fans that show negativity all I can say to the jealous ones is that at the end of next season HOPEFULLY we will look down at you in the table and wave .

And we'll still say hello again the season after.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

well...
https://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/bulldogs-eye-partner

"
BATLEY BULLDOGS coach Matt Diskin says that the club are exploring the possibility of a dual registration partnership next season...."

Rumour is it's Leeds ☠️

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'd say 80% of the fans don't want it!

We will get kids. This is how it should be. if were going blood raw talent so be it. Disco is arrogant so can't see him rolling over to super league demands

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Anybody who supports DR is an idiot. It's really that simple. If the club you support can't encourage your local youth to play for you in the future, and then go onto greater things, then you have no future. It's really that simple.

1 hour ago, haskey said:

I notice from the local Batley rag in Piggys post that Batley have 23 players signed on. I wish we had.

We are on 19 aren’t we?

Hartley Whylie Hardcastle Walton Teteh Ridyard W.Boas A.Boas Punchard Maskill Cooper Wheeldon Darley Beckett Harrison Davies Delaney Lockwood Day

You can use Dr and have an A team. That way you get the best of both worlds. The older players are there to bring the young ones on. To say that one is an idiot is to look at things with a closed mind. To progress you have to use the facilities that are available. Until the system changes USE it. In the old days we developed our youngsters into good players and then had to sell them to survive. Whatever the circumstances are you have to make the best of them for your club to succeed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, Blue Pike said:

I believe we are more or less all in it to an extent. Yes you are right about jealousy, and from your own lofty position you can indeed look down on those of us involved in the annual jostle to avoid relegation. But try and see it from our perspective. We see a well supported, and well financed club being further shored up by an SL club with an apparently bottomless pit of good young fringe players, while we are stuck with a SL club who's half decent fringe players have refused to turn out for us. I can understand it of course, they probably think their talents are worthy of better, and maybe they are, but still you would think their club would kick them up the backside and explain the nature of DR. So yes, there is some jealousy, but only because the gulf has been artificially widened between the haves and the have nots. Time, I think, to give further consideration to a second tier of SL, and let us paupers scrap it out in our own division on a reasonably level playing field.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived