Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

NZ Test Series - ticket sales

7 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

It's not difficult. People want to go to world class stadia that's why you got 26k even with little to marketing in Anfield and only 17k in Hull

You can't just transplant one crowd into a smaller stadium because the reason why a lot of people go is because of the location  and stadium.

It was booked because they got 40k for the last RL game staged there, but it was because of an utter failure that the managed to only get 26k.

For Test matches or one offs any Yorkshire game needs to go to one area or another.  The WC would be different.

A relation of mine who's a season passholder at Elland Road likes the KC better and now loves the game.  We need to make a record of these converts though as they're few and far between!

6 hours ago, Johnoco said:

If the limit of your ambitions is 25K, you don't go booking stadiums that hold 50K, however glamorous they might be.

Anfield glamorous,really !

36 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They have reduced the price of block B1 from £32.50 to £25.

Was always a bit odd that they were in the next price bracket. Not sure if that's going to make them sell more quickly as there's still a decent njmber of other tickets in that £25 bracket.

37 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It's a world famous stadium, and has a pull that the KCOM obviously doesn't because of the history attached. There's plenty of "bits" of the stadium perfect for the youngsters to stick on the socials.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

I wasn't just talking about Anfield, although it is an historic stadium, just large stadia in general.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

They have reduced the price of block B1 from £32.50 to £25.

WHY!!!!!!!!??? Less than 1k tickets to sell before Sunday .... unless they plan to open top tier then this makes no sense, they’ll sell these at the higher price and some people have already paid higher price. Once again they penalise people who buy early.

• Like 5

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

WHY!!!!!!!!??? Less than 1k tickets to sell before Sunday .... unless they plan to open top tier then this makes no sense, they’ll sell these at the higher price and some people have already paid higher price. Once again they penalise people who buy early.

18 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

And with one foul swoop, they immediately discourage anyone from buying a ticket early in future. Genius move.

I don't think any had been sold in that block. It looks a crappy block in the back corner tbh.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think any had been sold in that block. It looks a crappy block in the back corner tbh.

That's a fair point. I was hoping that might have been the case, or that they would have refunded the difference to anyone who had already bought in that section. It still has a knock on affect on people who have bought tickets for other parts though - they might now look and think they could have gone to that block and saved a few quid.

It's just not an ideal thing to do overall, because the temptation is not to buy early and just wait to see what offers will materialise late on - especially if you live locally and don't have to sort out accommodation or anything and therefore can make your decision to attend at the last minute.

I suppose there's no easy answers to this though. They're doing the best they can to get as big a crowd as possible. I probably should cut them some slack and applaud them for that. It's a well intentioned move -  that much can't be denied.

59 minutes ago, Dave T said:

From memory at least 20% had sold .... defo not zero.  It’s a stupid move with so few left available.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

680 left on sale 30 mins ago. If that is all they are going to sell they should be saying less than 1000 left! If they are going to open the upper tier they should do it now! £10 adults £5 concessions. 

Edited by thehullram
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I wonder what the cost of opening the upper tier is? 

8 blokes in their 40s in viz jackets who still live with their mum and a beefy looking bird with a walkie talkie all on 9 quid an hour,and a box of them pinapple chunks for the urinals, do the sums.

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Haha 4

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

16 minutes ago, thehullram said:

680 left on sale 30 mins ago. If that is all they are going to sell they should be saying less than 1000 left! If they are going to open the upper tier they should do it now! £10 adults £5 concessions. 

And what then about all the people who have paid £25 or more for their tickets - some of whom may have bought them a while back, thus showing their commitment to the sport. Under your plan, they would now have to watch a load of last minute fans come in and pay next to nothing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

It's not difficult. People want to go to world class stadia that's why you got 26k even with little to marketing in Anfield and only 17k in Hull

You can't just transplant one crowd into a smaller stadium because the reason why a lot of people go is because of the location  and stadium.

It was booked because they got 40k for the last RL game staged there, but it was because of an utter failure that the managed to only get 26k.

Anfield never has and never will be 'world class', it's not an attraction for any fans who go there other than the actual sporting event taking place unless you are some weird soccer fan who will only go to x stadium to follow their team and not others. You have been there before right, you have seen the lovely inviting area it's located in?

it's a bog standard fairly large capacity soccer stadium that's well past its sell by date. If you think rugby supporters go there and spend £££ simply because it's Anfield then you are very much deluded. First you've not a scrap of evidence that is the case and second, given it's the only test match West of the Pennines within easy reach of millions the 'Anfield' draw in the way you are purporting it to be really did not work at all did it, in fact managed an abysmally lower number of the corresponding fixture in a non heartland area and was only 45% 'full'. Sounds like a great attraction to fans , not!

39 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

From memory at least 20% had sold .... defo not zero.  It’s a stupid move with so few left available.

If you look at the red ones they were never on sale ie. Front and back and restricted view seats blocked out.

7 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

And what then about all the people who have paid £25 or more for their tickets - some of whom may have bought them a while back, thus showing their commitment to the sport. Under your plan, they would now have to watch a load of last minute fans come in and pay next to nothing.

Indeed, this is the problem, the RFL can't win. Half the folk want them to get a crowd in however they do it, the other half want prices maintained.

Personally I'd get it open.and offer them cheaply via schools and youth groups etc, but I expect they have already perhaps exhausted this route.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Indeed, this is the problem, the RFL can't win. Half the folk want them to get a crowd in however they do it, the other half want prices maintained.

Personally I'd get it open.and offer them cheaply via schools and youth groups etc, but I expect they have already perhaps exhausted this route.

If the RFL think that they wille struggle to sell the tickets, then something like a stand dedicated to schools and youth groups is a good idea. But it's something that needs to be thought of and organised well in advance. It's not something that you can just do last minute. Apart from anything else, schools and youth groups need time to organise and plan for it. You need a couple of months notice for parents etc. for something like that. It's far too late now with only a few days to go.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Anfield never has and never will be 'world class', it's not an attraction for any fans who go there other than the actual sporting event taking place unless you are some weird soccer fan who will only go to x stadium to follow their team and not others. You have been there before right, you have seen the lovely inviting area it's located in?

it's a bog standard fairly large capacity soccer stadium that's well past its sell by date. If you think rugby supporters go there and spend £££ simply because it's Anfield then you are very much deluded. First you've not a scrap of evidence that is the case and second, given it's the only test match West of the Pennines within easy reach of millions the 'Anfield' draw in the way you are purporting it to be really did not work at all did it, in fact managed an abysmally lower number of the corresponding fixture in a non heartland area and was only 45% 'full'. Sounds like a great attraction to fans , not!

I went to Anfield for the 4N final. It was a draw because of the stature of the football team and it was a new stadium to see. Once was enough. I agree it’s far from world class. Third world class maybe.

• Like 2

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

It's a world famous stadium, and has a pull that the KCOM obviously doesn't because of the history attached. There's plenty of "bits" of the stadium perfect for the youngsters to stick on the socials.

World famous, no it isn't, maybe 30-40 years ago, it still won't and clearly didn't have any attraction in a heartlands area enough to bump up sales which fell massively short of target. So you think rugby fans will go there so that their non soccer/non liverpool kids can social media we've been to Anfield, utterly ridiculous. How many of these kids were there that would not have attended anyway with their rugby fan parents?

If you and others are going to make claims then at least put some figures to it.

The KCOM is in a nice park seting, it might not have the old history of a once famous club but it's by far a nicer place to visit overall, I'd rather we had a game at Goodison Park than Anfield

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

If the RFL think that they wille struggle to sell the tickets, then something like a stand dedicated to schools and youth groups is a good idea. But it's something that needs to be thought of and organised well in advance. It's not something that you can just do last minute. Apart from anything else, schools and youth groups need time to organise and plan for it. You need a couple of months notice for parents etc. for something like that. It's far too late now with only a few days to go.

I've taken freebies or discounted tickets for events with a days notice. But I agree it should be done before now (and hopefully has).

1 minute ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

World famous, no it isn't, maybe 30-40 years ago, it still won't and clearly didn't have any attraction in a heartlands area enough to bump up sales which fell massively short of target. So you think rugby fans will go there so that their non soccer/non liverpool kids can social media we've been to Anfield, utterly ridiculous. How many of these kids were there that would not have attended anyway with their rugby fan parents?

If you and others are going to make claims then at least put some figures to it.

The KCOM is in a nice park seting, it might not have the old history of a once famous club but it's by far a nicer place to visit overall, I'd rather we had a game at Goodison Park than Anfield

Of course Anfield is a world famous stadium.

Not a very good one imho, I agree there, but it is certainly historic and famous.

• Like 1

Surprised they opened the away section of the West Stand. Facilities aren't great, half the seats face the side of the south stand and you can't see it on TV anyway. Leeds Rhinos left it empty when they played ER. Effectively it's a segregated stand. I'd rather see the opposite corners full. I'd rather sit in the opposite corners too. Chz4lyf

19 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Tickets were already cheap for concessions, christ, I paid less for mater and pater than it costs for the same seat at Hull anyways, further reducing prices has proven time and time again not to be a solution of any kind, particularly not to encourage last minute sales when folk have as you mention, already planned what they might be doing.

Then again, it is Elland Road, that famous historic stadium that will make people want to go no matter what the event is so we've nothing to worry about ... 

RFL should take a stand and say there are never going to be reduced tickets ever again for those buying last minute, discounts for early bird buyers only and say of bought in non heartland community clubs.

This isn't marketing by the RFL, it's desperate unthinking tactics that will fail every single time.

• Like 2