Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

NZ Test Series - ticket sales

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

No. they were too busy worrying about rickets, diphtheria, polio, tuberculosis,  rationing...……..

cos we don't have lots of terrible diseases around or poverty anymore do we? sorry I forgot- phew- glad u reminded me

Edited by graveyard johnny

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Hopefully a decent looking KC along with a good game will kick the series off and increase sales. I'm not on Facebook so I have no idea if the series has been promoted on there but I do have Instagram and twitter and I have seen very little promotion. 

It always surprises me how the clubs do not chip in to help promote the game. Anfield is a great venue and to me the RFL should insist clubs like saints, wire, widnes that are geographically close by help push the games and arrange club supporters trips to the matches. I'm pretty sure in the 90s clubs offered trips for the fans to internationals. 

32 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Hopefully a decent looking KC along with a good game will kick the series off and increase sales. I'm not on Facebook so I have no idea if the series has been promoted on there but I do have Instagram and twitter and I have seen very little promotion. 

It always surprises me how the clubs do not chip in to help promote the game. Anfield is a great venue and to me the RFL should insist clubs like saints, wire, widnes that are geographically close by help push the games and arrange club supporters trips to the matches. I'm pretty sure in the 90s clubs offered trips for the fans to internationals. 

Players going into schools outside of the traditional areas but around Liverpool, doing a few sessions with the kids and handing out a few freebies in the week leading to the GF and beyond would seem to be a simple thing to arrange. RFL and marketing is like motorists and the rules in the Highway Code

I got an email from the RFL telling that due to the short timescale all tickets purchased from overseas for the upcoming International Series will now be collection at stadium on matchday. What a joke. I purchased tickets months ago and paid shipping costs. RFL shouldn't treat customers like that. Amateurish

• Sad 1

In this modern age, why are we still issuing paper tickets? The RFL could save a lot of time, effort and cost by emailing tickets with a barcode on. This could either be printed by the customer or scanned/shown on a mobile device. Airlines do this...

• Like 4

Looking at the sales for Anfield, and it looks quite concerning. The RFL should be worried if they could sell 40,000 tickets for Australia vs New Zealand in 2016 and get a lower figure for an England match this time.

Mind you, the Hull test is less than 1 week away and the upper tier isn't even on sale yet! One criticism often levelled at the RFL is that they aren't organised. This year tickets were on sale for almost a year in advance, but this doesn't appear to have led to an upturn in sales, if anything, we seem to have regressed since 2013, 2015 and 2016.

Hopefully there will be a surge of sales to get some respectable crowds in, particularly as this is the first building step to 2021.

Twitter: @TrylineBlog 
Latest Blog: #SocialMediaReacts - World Club Challenge Special - https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/02/socialmediareacts-world-club-challenge.html

Blame the fans who haven't bought tickets yet because they're waiting on Groupon offering them for £1 and a free replica shirt, beanie hat and flag

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Perhaps if NZ/touring sides played some club games beforehand like in the "good ol' days", publicity would be generated and that would help ticket sales.

Even in 2015 NZ played Leeds as the tour opener … didn't they? Got plenty of press coverage/got the ball rolling etc.

• Like 2

No.  They look good value to me.  £28 total, including booking fee and postage for two seats for me and the wife. Park and Ride is free, too. Mind you, we are both very very VERY  old!??

• Like 3

Four legs good - two legs bad

26 minutes ago, JohnM said:

No.  They look good value to me.  £28 total, including booking fee and postage for two seats for me and the wife. Park and Ride is free, too. Mind you, we are both very very VERY  old!??

Haha :)

Blame fans if you like but this is 5-6 years of policies of shafting any fan who bought early with last minute giveaway offers. Fans are not stupid and many of them are not wealthy. This is now filtering into other high profile RFL events. I think there will be 40k+ at Anfield but many people there will have bargain tickets.

The RFL have made their bed. This habit could now drizzle into the 2021 WC IMO.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Players going into schools outside of the traditional areas but around Liverpool, doing a few sessions with the kids and handing out a few freebies in the week leading to the GF and beyond would seem to be a simple thing to arrange. RFL and marketing is like motorists and the rules in the Highway Code

If it's out of traditional areas, who will know who these players are and/or what they do.

These games are on free to air.  What pro.otion is being done or has been done on BBC.

If it was run by ITV, then the RLF might then at least be able to advertise the event, in between Corry etc. And of course if it was popular then the advertisers would find it would be popular and the game would be a valuable propery to sell more to ITV.

6 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Looking at the sales for Anfield, and it looks quite concerning. The RFL should be worried if they could sell 40,000 tickets for Australia vs New Zealand in 2016 and get a lower figure for an England match this time.

Mind you, the Hull test is less than 1 week away and the upper tier isn't even on sale yet! One criticism often levelled at the RFL is that they aren't organised. This year tickets were on sale for almost a year in advance, but this doesn't appear to have led to an upturn in sales, if anything, we seem to have regressed since 2013, 2015 and 2016.

Hopefully there will be a surge of sales to get some respectable crowds in, particularly as this is the first building step to 2021.

Yes better organised in that they were announced earlier. However completely amateurish that they then changed firstly the time then the date of one of the matches and have done very little in terms of marketing to actually let people know about these matches.

That coupled with the fact that what could have been our biggest marketing and promotional too of all, in the England v France game, was played on a Wednesday night in Leigh in front of 4k odd fans with no TV coverage and tucked away on an app that only RL fans would know about.

Yes they seemed to have been better at arranging these matches, initially at least, but then seem to have done nothing to actually let people know that they were taking place or make people want to go to these matches.

• Like 1

Reading the comments I get a distinct impression of a rfl organisation where people have lost their customer focus and motivation. Has the location changes, leadership absence and recent new leadership plus org changes causing staff to be more worried about their jobs and working experience and hence loss of motivation.

No idea obviously but from outside looking in one does wonder.

8 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Looking back on here from 2016, the RFL had sold 35,000 tickets a week out from the final. A large proportion of those might have been hoping England would've made the final - up to the final round of games, either England or NZ could've still made the final. So a large majority of the crowd that day bought tickets not knowing it would be Aus v NZ.

I wouldn't argue that ticket sales this year look disappointing, but 2016 was a final, which may be more appealing than just a test series to some people. It was also the first international played at Anfield, so there was some novelty value. And speaking from a personal perspective, I wouldn't go back to Anfield simply because I've been there twice for a RL match and twice had to sit in seats with leg room a child would find uncomfortable. 

7 hours ago, thehullram said:

Tickets arrived for Hull today. Just about to buy 5 for Elland Road. Not bothered how many else are there as long as I am watching England 

FFS, no sign of mine, where did you buy/are you located geographically, I'm just off centre in East stand pretty much where we try to sit for match days when I get up. However having bought 11 months ago and not in Hull you'd think they would post those further afield first.grrrr

5 hours ago, redjonn said:

Reading the comments I get a distinct impression of a rfl organisation where people have lost their customer focus and motivation. Has the location changes, leadership absence and recent new leadership plus org changes causing staff to be more worried about their jobs and working experience and hence loss of motivation.

No idea obviously but from outside looking in one does wonder.

There have been redundancies and retirements to some of the key ticket office personal. 

I would rather see 19,000 without any last minute giveaways,than 21,000 including freebies - surely the RFL must learn from their numerous marketing disasters?

Ideally,a win for England would help Leeds,then a win for NZ would set up Liverpool?!

• Like 3