• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • France by 1 to 6
    • France by 7 to 12
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/18 at 18:45

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Johnstone should start ahead of Makinson; TM is a No2 whilst TJ is a No5.

If he prefers Makinson over Johnstone (not sure if he does) I dont think this would come into it would it? The side they play on does have an impact but I'd say less so for wingers than centres.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Another RFL botch job, well done lads. Play it in France if you cant be bothered organising it, at least it gives the locals some international RL. Doesn't even surprise me anymore to be honest.

I'm struggling for motivation for the test series as well, it feels very poorly put together. Hopefully the players can rescue the situation.

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

If he prefers Makinson over Johnstone (not sure if he does) I dont think this would come into it would it? The side they play on does have an impact but I'd say less so for wingers than centres.

Unless your centre is John Bateman

4 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yey play this at Workington and it's 10K sell out. As all top games are played at least 2.5 hours drive south, Cumbrians starved of top flight RL would have loved to see the England first (ish) team.

After yesterday, with pre and post match opinions from the Workington area, about the RFLs pitiful organisational skills. I doubt very much if their will be any favours thrown Cumbria's direction by the shockingly run RFL.....

..a sad bunch if ever there was, they are seriously dragging the game down.

Just now, Wildcat said:

LSV is the right venue for this fixture, it was never going to be a huge attendance wherever played and it's a tidy ground. 

I fundamentally disagree - we got 20-25k attendances in the RLWC13 for these types of games. We got a bigger attendance for the US-Cooks in Bristol (!) in the same tournament that’ll attend this game as well. This game will have a poor attendance as it’s played in the wrong venue with no publicity and no TV coverage as nobody is attempting to do anything other than go through the motions. We are supposed to attempting to drum up interest to sell 750k tickets in just 3yrs time. This shoddy approach now will go a long way to prevent that happening.

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

I fundamentally disagree - we got 20-25k attendances in the RLWC13 for these types of games. We got a bigger attendance for the US-Cooks in Bristol (!) in the same tournament that’ll attend this game as well. This game will have a poor attendance as it’s played in the wrong venue with no publicity and no TV coverage as nobody is attempting to do anything other than go through the motions. We are supposed to attempting to drum up interest to sell 750k tickets in just 3yrs time. This shoddy approach now will go a long way to prevent that happening.

It's gutting mate. I am losing faith big time :( 

20 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

That's sort of my point, Wed night fixture with barely any publicity and no TV coverage, meaning not going to be a great attendance, wherever played. 

I think the most worrying thing is, when we get a crowd of around 5,000, I doubt there will be any kind of alarm at this at RFL HQ.

My view is that England should not be playing any international match at a stadium with a capacity of 12,000.

Get the match on a weekend, keep ticket prices as they are, be brave and try and build/attract a new audience in an RLWC 2021 applicant town/city. I'd rather see 5,000 at Coventry, Brighton, Middlesbrough, Brighton, Bristol etc than Leigh. I'd wager that you could probably get a better crowd at a non-heartland venue than Leigh anyway.

If you played a reverse fixture the following week in France and knock the NZ test series back a week, that would be ideal. 

Unfortunately, we've taken a lazy, complacent approach. I can only hope we don't intend to take such an approach at RLWC 2021, where we have seen unprecedented interest in hosting matches.

52 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's gutting mate. I am losing faith big time :( 

you mean you still have some?!?!

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

you mean you still have some?!?!

I like to think of myself as an optimist. As a game, Rugby League does an unbelievable job of failing to capitalise on any progress. Wembley 2013 - did it actually exist?

Archived