• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • France by 1 to 6
    • France by 7 to 12
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/18 at 18:45

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Shame this app doesn’t seem to have a capacity for casting it to the telly , which will probably put me off watching 

I'm not much of a techie but I'm hoping to watch on my telly using the HDMI output from my laptop to the HDMI input on my telly.

Will that work? :huh: :blush:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, RayCee said:

All the more reason for a decent local turn up. This may be the last decent game played at your stadium for a while. 

Could be very correct RayCee, it will also continue to host the Man United U19's, U23's and it is to be the home venue of the new professional Man United Women's Football Club. Is nothing sacred anymore, if Leigh Centurions do not play at the stadium it will no longer be graced with my presence, or I may just turn up to watch the grass grow for old times sake when nothings going on.

That is not a slur against Women's football, I just find any type of Association Football boring, I consider it to be a good cure for insomnia.

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

This is catch 22. It is not a full English team with players rested and Knights players promoted and so in some ways it may be better to call it an English 13 but that is disrespectful to the French. But the reduced English team means a low key event and for us League fans who want to see England play the more tests the better we are left feeling frustrated.

I've never understood why people always want to put little names on teams like this that will only diminish interest. Who wins out of that?

Were the best 17 English players available for this game picked? Yes? It is England.

In those 4 nations games where Australia rested players against France/PNG/Wales/Samoa/Scotland did they call the team the Emus? If Tonga lost Taumalolo and Fifita to suspension would they call themselves Mate Na'a?

43 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Could be very correct RayCee, it will also continue to host the Man United U19's, U23's and it is to be the home venue of the new professional Man United Women's Football Club. Is nothing sacred anymore, if Leigh Centurions do not play at the stadium it will no longer be graced with my presence, or I may just turn up to watch the grass grow for old times sake when nothings going on.

That is not a slur against Women's football, I just find any type of Association Football boring, I consider it to be a good cure for insomnia.

Off topic a bit but I hope Leigh pull through this. With the fan base they have and nice stadium, Leigh deserves a successful RL team.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

28 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

I've never understood why people always want to put little names on teams like this that will only diminish interest. Who wins out of that?

Were the best 17 English players available for this game picked? Yes? It is England.

In those 4 nations games where Australia rested players against France/PNG/Wales/Samoa/Scotland did they call the team the Emus? If Tonga lost Taumalolo and Fifita to suspension would they call themselves Mate Na'a?

I think you are arguing against a point I didn't make. I was merely pointing out the dilemma of trying to derive the benefits of playing this game against the self imposed restrictions of playing it 4 days after the Grand Final.

But; as you bring it up. No, the best 17 players available have not been picked. The coach has chosen to rest some players but they are available. And those promoted from the Knights are development players, as the selection of Myler shows these are not necessarily the 'next best" players available.

I will still be shouting England on and looking forward to 4 England games in the coming weeks though. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think you are arguing against a point I didn't make. I was merely pointing out the dilemma of trying to derive the benefits of playing this game against the self imposed restrictions of playing it 4 days after the Grand Final.

But; as you bring it up. No, the best 17 players available have not been picked. The coach has chosen to rest some players but they are available. And those promoted from the Knights are development players, as the selection of Myler shows these are not necessarily the 'next best" players available.

I will still be shouting England on and looking forward to 4 England games in the coming weeks though. 

I do see what you're saying in that scheduling this game tonight it was never going to have a full strength line up. I still wouldn't see the point in making it England A/13, nor would I see an issue with an all Super League English team for a mid-year game for example.

So what if the coach has rested players, tried some different combos and given some developing players a run? Exactly like every 4 nations or World Cup we've ever had. Exactly like all strong teams do in all sports from time to time. Those are the 17 players Bennett has chosen to represent the country, a few of them may be lucky but we don't need less England games just because the best 17 can't be on the park every game.

Not having a go at you specifically, I've just never understood the idea of demoting a game to "A" status, hardly going to help ticket sales and viewer numbers.

11 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Will the game only be viewed from 1 camera angle then as I cannot imagine the RFL paying for multiple camera men. 

I reckon it will be multiple cameras but they will have only paid for 1 camera bloke. Just gonna get him to run up and down the sideline right quick operating all the cameras while they play some Eddie Waring commentary over the top. "he almost got to that camera, poor lad!" "didn't change the angle in time, his mum still loves him though!" "accidently cut to an advert for rugby union, he goin for an early bath!" 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:23 PM, DavidM said:

and virtually no PR to it 

This is because of the aging TGG population they're worried they'll kill a few of us off at the shock of seeing an international RL match marketed.

As for marketing it well that would obviously decimate the TGG forum responses, burden the obituary threads and put too much strain on an already stretched NHS.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 10/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, 17 stone giant said:

https://membership.rugby-league.com/

It's free.

Weird how if you scroll down that page you get a pop-up saying that England have just set out for the world cup.

Hear this mentioned every week on Super League game for MOTM voting but otherwise remain in self-imposed ignorance of it. So looked at app on Google Play and the rating 2.7 out of the max of 5 which makes me wonder if it is overpriced at free.

Also seems a lot of people expect it to work!

Both line ups are depleted a bit by injury and resting players. France without Escare, Navarrette, Bousquet, Albert. 

Albert for very tragic reasons. 

England by 26pts, 30-4.

Hope I'm wrong and France pull off the shock of the ages. 

4 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Hope I'm wrong and France pull off the shock of the ages. 

So do I because a one sided match will do them no good against the KIWIS!

A hard match for readiness a loss to wake them up and to convince NZ it'll be easy.

The KIWIS ARE COMING !

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 10/15/2018 at 8:14 AM, East Coast Tiger said:

Only thing missing is a late date/time change.

It was supposed to be on Saturday 20th! I've only just found out an hour ago that the match has been moved to tonight and I have a website that keeps track of international fixtures!

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

Shame this app doesn’t seem to have a capacity for casting it to the telly , which will probably put me off watching 

I mirrored my screen to watch the women's GF on the telly at the weekend, so it could be done that way

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

11 hours ago, jim_57 said:

I do see what you're saying in that scheduling this game tonight it was never going to have a full strength line up. I still wouldn't see the point in making it England A/13, nor would I see an issue with an all Super League English team for a mid-year game for example.

So what if the coach has rested players, tried some different combos and given some developing players a run? Exactly like every 4 nations or World Cup we've ever had. Exactly like all strong teams do in all sports from time to time. Those are the 17 players Bennett has chosen to represent the country, a few of them may be lucky but we don't need less England games just because the best 17 can't be on the park every game.

Not having a go at you specifically, I've just never understood the idea of demoting a game to "A" status, hardly going to help ticket sales and viewer numbers.

I agree with you.  I think we arrived at the same conclusion.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 hours ago, jim_57 said:

fc5ilz.jpg

France without forward power of Casty, Simon, Maria, Garcia and Bousquet all except one winners at Wembley.Yesa and Escamilla both from French comp filling in.Be interesting to see how Gigot and Miloudi go in the backline while awaiting the presence of GF winners Escare and Navarrete next week against Wales.

Cologni wanting to defend better. Think in last two Tests against England they've taken three tries in quarter-of-an hour spells. Attacking wise they've only registered more than one try dating back to Doncaster under Bobbie Goulding in 2011(12-34). Ahead at the break at the Keepmoat Staduim with Graham, Eastmond and Roby in opposition (crowd 11,529)

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Archived