Toronto six it up....

dkw

Very decent signings those. Be interesting to see how Ricky L goes. A decent NRL centre, but not much in terms of tries? Dont recall him crossing that many times

Not sure on Mellor either, i'm never a fan of signing players from a relegated team. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Very decent signings those. Be interesting to see how Ricky L goes. A decent NRL centre, but not much in terms of tries? Dont recall him crossing that many times

Not sure on Mellor either, i'm never a fan of signing players from a relegated team.

Comical..So I take it you're a fan of seeing them all play in the Championship?

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Comical..So I take it you're a fan of seeing them all play in the Championship?

If a team has aspirations to be the top team in the Championship and then add to be competitive in Superleague, then i'm not a massive fan of signing the 7 of the relegated team that also were ###### in the qualifiers. I'm really not. This is a principled general view, Mellor might be ace, i don't know.

Failing to see where this is comical.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

I certainly think these are astute enough signings for now, and good marketing to boot ( I never say "to boot" ?)

And I think there'll be more so brace yourselves for 12 page monologue of how it's killing the game from Rochdale to Batley!?

Buckle up everyone

wolf.gif.2d994972169d1f729ee428a1465a21f2.gif

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

18 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Already a whole cast of haters giving them **** on social media about signing players. Apparently it’s becuase they’re trying to “buy” success.

How dare they? What is this, professional sport or something?

Oh I'm sure there will be a 1000 word diatrade on its way from South Leeds very shortly.

1 hour ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Already a whole cast of haters giving them **** on social media about signing players. Apparently it’s becuase they’re trying to “buy” success.

How dare they? What is this, professional sport or something?

So many have come on here to say well done, it looks good for next season. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

10 hours ago, Damien said:

Well that explains why Leigh ran out of money if they were paying that sort of money in the Championship.

Especialy with someone like Bodene Thompson not worth a third of that sum of £150K, he certainly did not show he was worth top buck at Leigh, he along with the other charletans - good information says 6 were on over 100K - are the reason why the club are teetering on the edge of the abyss.

I wouldn't wish him on any club.

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Especialy with someone like Bodene Thompson not worth a third of that sum of £150K, he certainly did not show he was worth top buck at Leigh, he along with the other charletans - good information says 6 were on over 100K - are the reason why the club are teetering on the edge of the abyss.

I wouldn't wish him on any club.

The same Bodene Thompson who just played for Warrington? From what I saw I thought he did alright for the wolves.

3 hours ago, MattSantos said:

If a team has aspirations to be the top team in the Championship and then add to be competitive in Superleague, then i'm not a massive fan of signing the 7 of the relegated team that also were ###### in the qualifiers. I'm really not. This is a principled general view, Mellor might be ace, i don't know.

Failing to see where this is comical.

Mellor has shown previously that he is SL quality and perhaps in another environment with different/better players around him, he will show that again

10 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Mellor has shown previously that he is SL quality and perhaps in another environment with different/better players around him, he will show that again

Fair enough, out of interest what type of 7 is he? Runny? Passy? Organisy? Who will play 6? Who is 1?

I reckon Wilkin can be a very good 13 in the Championship, with the right players and system, he'll be absolutely quality.

49 minutes ago, Rage said:

The same Bodene Thompson who just played for Warrington? From what I saw I thought he did alright for the wolves.

Yep that very same one, agree he just about did alright, but who wouldn't try to up their game in a semi and final of the biggest comp in the RFL?

His reputation and the wage he attracted says he should have been a stand out in the Championship, he was far from it, you would haver never picked him out for anything above average.

Question, Why have Warrington not kept him on?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep that very same one, agree he just about did alright, but who wouldn't try to up their game in a semi and final of the biggest comp in the RFL?

His reputation and the wage he attracted says he should have been a stand out in the Championship, he was far from it, you would haver never picked him out for anything above average.

Question, Why have Warrington not kept him on?

"Question, Why have Warrington not kept him on?"

I've got no idea to be honest with you. 

6 minutes ago, John Boriston said:

Er ......play offs?

Hope you prepare well for them.... but there ain’t any next season.

One up-one down,  hasn’t the news reached you yet?

You just can’t trust pigeons can you?

There is a play off for the one up

You're right you can't trust pigeons

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

10 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

They have to get promoted first. There is a straight bottom SL team relegated, but it's a bun fight at the top for the top 5 in Championship. Finishing top is no guarantee no matter how much you spend on star players... ask Saints. (Not forgetting Leigh)

Yes, they have to get promoted first but they’re ambitious and promotion isn’t the height of their ambitions, they’ll be looking at players who can play for them in Super League too. 

I’m not sure who you think this top 5 is in the Championship but Toronto will be significantly stronger than all of those sides. Toronto, Toulouse and Halifax will get in, then there’s a free for all for the final two places. 

16 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

A little something called Ben Currie, hopefully.

Ben is still on the payroll this season, so it's not a SC consideration, could it deemed that Bodene Thompson is not a long term asset to Warrington and money would be better spent elsewhere, I should think that is the more logical answer.

28 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Yes, they have to get promoted first but they’re ambitious and promotion isn’t the height of their ambitions, they’ll be looking at players who can play for them in Super League too. 

I’m not sure who you think this top 5 is in the Championship but Toronto will be significantly stronger than all of those sides. Toronto, Toulouse and Halifax will get in, then there’s a free for all for the final two places. 

Yes all agreed and good luck to Toronto.

But...

Saints had a massive lead at top of the league, what good did it do them at the death?

Archived