Toronto six it up....

dkw

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see how mellor goes at TW....i wish him all the best for the future and appreciate his efforts at widnes but cant help but feel he was a tad underwhelming this season, guess it all depends who he plays alongside, when he partnered brown he went well but after brown left he seemed a bit lost

I had wondered if Luetele was dependent on their being in SL seems not, he's a really good, solid centre, better than Championship level, and better than some others heading to SL. The rest should prove pretty good in the Championship but with the exception of Springer, if he continues to improve, don't look long term signings for SL, with age against them, which is what I thought they might be planning for. Then there's the question of the coach.......

11 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Leutele and Thompson are impressive signings, Mellor, Wilkin, Springer and Olbison are a bit “meh” really and I don’t imagine many Super League clubs were chasing those four names too hard. 

They are amazing signings for the Championship in 2019. Toronto's job is to get promotion not prepare for SL now.

To be fair - who do they have to beat?

Unlike this season, Leigh and Fev are toast.

Bulls won't be contenders at the top end, Fax are good but can't compete and Toulouse will lose games.

Widnes have too much rebuilding.

That squad is easily good enough to walk it.

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

To be fair - who do they have to beat?

Unlike this season, Leigh and Fev are toast.

Bulls won't be contenders at the top end, Fax are good but can't compete and Toulouse will lose games.

Widnes have too much rebuilding.

That squad is easily good enough to walk it.

It was said by many of Leigh prior to this last season kicking off that they’d walk it. Hope they’ve got a better sense of direction.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Good signings them. Would have taken Mellor at Wire rather than Brown tbh.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

It was said by many of Leigh prior to this last season kicking off that they’d walk it. Hope they’ve got a better sense of direction.

Well, London, Fev and Leigh are non-factors out of the 4 teams that finished below them.

The champ is considerably weaker.

6 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Precisely.Leigh made 20 signings! More from the NRL than Toronto have,thus far

https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/01/leigh-will-get-promoted-in-2018-002301727.html

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I’m sure they’d be looking for Super League capable signings now rather than being that short sighted. 

They have to get promoted first. There is a straight bottom SL team relegated, but it's a bun fight at the top for the top 5 in Championship. Finishing top is no guarantee no matter how much you spend on star players... ask Saints. (Not forgetting Leigh)

2 hours ago, Rage said:

I'm glad they've signed Gadwin Springer.  He'll do well at Toronto. ?

Perhaps, as importantly, he ticks 2 boxes. A native French speaker. Non-Canadians probably don't understand how vital that is for publicity and marketing purposes.

Secondly,  of course,  he is black in a nation of immigrants.

Oh, and he'll be a decent forward at that level.

Should walk the league but its the playoffs that matter.

I think this coming season they should leave a few places open for the end of the season run in when they can sign 2 or 3 young and hungry players who will be out to impress and play at a higher level

We will never give up in our quest for Super Dooper League....The signings are good and show our intent.  Can you actually believe some people who thought we would fold or give up.  We are moving forward....our scouts are foraging...the Pack will feast well again next year.  We have more pups...many, many, many more fans, and they are hungry for victories!

And we will be ready for the playoffs this upcoming year....we have learned and will use that knowledge to get promotion.  Should be a great year!

We will never give up!

"Foraging With The Pack!"

Archived