Lights go out at HKR

Anybody remember the Hull KR v Huddersfield night game from a few years back live on Sky with Steve Ganson reffing?

A floodlight failed and Ganson stopped the game bringing the match commissioner on the pitch." What's going on?" asked Mr Gnason. "Looks like one of the floodlights has failed and we can't get it back working" came the reply.

"Alright lads, let's carry on but try and not play in that corner" said our hero.

Had this catastrophic event occurred during a live match, I wonder how many claims Neil Hudgell's ambulance chasing company would have received.

I would hope that some questions would be asked, even though it's around thirty years ago that the stadium was built. When you build a floodlight pylon that will be surrounded by hundreds or even thousands of spectators, surely you make absolutely certain that the base it's concreted in is twice the size and depth it needs to be.

I would hope that the remaining standing three pylons are now dismantled and rebuilt for safety's sake.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Anybody remember the Hull KR v Huddersfield night game from a few years back live on Sky with Steve Ganson reffing?

A floodlight failed and Ganson stopped the game bringing the match commissioner on the pitch." What's going on?" asked Mr Gnason. "Looks like one of the floodlights has failed and we can't get it back working" came the reply.

"Alright lads, let's carry on but try and not play in that corner" said our hero.

"Not a problem, sir" came back the reply.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Some might say that the lights haven't been on at the club for a few years

For a team supposedly playing in the dark we haven't done too bad.

Now watch us go with what will clearly be the most solidly rooted lights in Super League,just like the fans I hear you say.

28 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Is flyingking from west Hull? Methinks not.

The OP's location doesn't really have any relevance to my post does it?

We have a thread that seems to have more than half of its posters and the bulk of its posts from FC fans. I'd say that's making a noise about it, but if i'm wrong and you aren't making a noise than please do so more quietly ?.

12 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

, surely you make absolutely certain that the base it's concreted in is twice the size and depth it needs to be.

Looks to me from that picture its the actual pylon that has failed not the foundation.

I bet you were a chippy** who always blamed us steel fixers* and concrete men* for everything ?

* Foundation construction guys

** Carpenters who are never wrong 

??

4 hours ago, HKRBob said:

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear, does it make a sound?

If a pylon falls at Craven Park and an FC fan gets wind (pun intended) of it, it appears a lot of noise is made!

When the round up days are over

And your floodlight's fallen over

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 minutes ago, Ullman said:

When the round up days are over

And your floodlight's fallen over

?

I wouldn't mind but it's one of the new bits of the ground...

I suppose we should have requested the hurricane force pylons as the wind tunnel that the ground creates clearly is too much for conventional building materials!

12 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

?

I wouldn't mind but it's one of the new bits of the ground...

I suppose we should have requested the hurricane force pylons as the wind tunnel that the ground creates clearly is too much for conventional building materials!

I hope the leylandii at that end of the ground are still OK. They're the only shelter. 

this is the  stuff of Subbuteo as kids  and billy the fish - knocking the floodlights over on to the Subbuteo pitch with your knee cos you were losing was a great tactic

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

It was compromised...just like Hull FC with their never ending run of defeats and unbelievable injury list...well, I for one didn't believe it. We will seek the advice of Hull fans on the construction of our floodlights when their players show an ability to be FIT for purpose!

Rovers are in the spotlight,publicity is publicity especially out of season.

8 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

It was compromised...just like Hull FC with their never ending run of defeats and unbelievable injury list...well, I for one didn't believe it. We will seek the advice of Hull fans on the construction of our floodlights when their players show an ability to be FIT for purpose!

Rovers are in the spotlight,publicity is publicity especially out of season.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived