Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Will Odsal ever get redeveloped?

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Not sure why, it's well signposted off the M62

Don't give up the day job.  Unless you're a comedian.  ☺️

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering it took Leeds an awful lot of work and help from LCC to get funding for the two stands at headingley £40,000000 on a 40 year mortgage it doesn't hold out much hope for Odsal . Unless Bulls and Avenue could get together and get funding for a community stadium and move away from Odsal .  


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Daddy said:

Don't sit on the fence will you  

I don't really like posting on Bulls threads as it tends to bring out the worst in people. I love Odsal though not a Bradford fan and it could be made into a Mecca but that would require vision, enthusiasm and where with all from TGG which as posts on here testify is always conspicuous by the fact it's legged it yet again.

And when I say a Mecca I mean for the whole sport not just the Bulls themselves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 1:39 PM, The Daddy said:

Seems to be an ongoing drama. RL needs a strong Bradford Bulls, and to have a strong bulls club you really need to have a modern Odsal stadium.

It's gone pretty quiet on the development front. Has anyone heard anything? 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oxford said:

I don't really like posting on Bulls threads as it tends to bring out the worst in people. I love Odsal though not a Bradford fan and it could be made into a Mecca but that would require vision, enthusiasm and where with all from TGG which as posts on here testify is always conspicuous by the fact it's legged it yet again.

And when I say a Mecca I mean for the whole sport not just the Bulls themselves.

I thought you meant a bingo hall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 5:47 PM, fieldofclothofgold said:

Considering it took Leeds an awful lot of work and help from LCC to get funding for the two stands at headingley £40,000000 on a 40 year mortgage it doesn't hold out much hope for Odsal . Unless Bulls and Avenue could get together and get funding for a community stadium and move away from Odsal .  

Its three stands really.

But it shows what can be achieved. Though i feel the councils involvement was more based around keeping test cricket in the city than it was the Rugby side of things.

Id be happy to see the RFL working with Bradford council to redevelop Odsal in to the home of Rugby League, the problem would be that it would leave them exposed to more nonsense conspiracy mongering and any stadium big enough for how the RFL would use it would be too big for Bradford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I thought you meant a bingo hall.  

Now that would have brought out the best in people and in droves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The quick answer is NO. There is not enough return on any investment. However The basics are in place a 5000 fully covered seated stand with ample leg room (certainly on par with Wembley), fantastic rake and easy entry and exit. Before anyone questions the above you can sit in the finest stadiums in the world but essentially you are sat on a plastic seat bolted onto a concrete step. The corporate stand has a capacity at least on par with the vast majority of super league clubs.

With limited funds I would certainly look to place a roof over the popular terrace.Bring in temporary standing/seating in front of the corporate stand (similar to what they have at Huddersfield on the lower tier of The Fantastic Media stand) and extended the roof. The changing rooms are inadequate, look to extend south. General upgrade of floodlights, scoreboard, bars and cartering facilities. 

With much larger funds, lower the pitch, to elevate/remove the slope of the speedway track and therefore create a full size pitch (Surprisingly the pitch at Odsal is considerably smaller than Huddersfield, Headingley and Belle Vue)  bring forward the Rooley Lane terrace, square off and roof. Box in the corners to create a more atmospheric stadium. Tarmac the spare land to the south to create extensive car parking. 

This would create a stadium with a capacity of circ 22,000 with approx  8000 seats.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Ilkleyandy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ilkleyandy said:

The quick answer is NO. There is not enough return on any investment. However The basics are in place a 5000 fully covered seated stand with ample leg room (certainly on par with Wembley), fantastic rake and easy entry and exit. Before anyone questions the above you can sit in the finest stadiums in the world but essentially you are sat on a plastic seat bolted onto a concrete step. The corporate stand has a capacity at least on par with the vast majority of super league clubs.

With limited funds I would certainly look to place a roof over the popular terrace.Bring in temporary standing/seating in front of the corporate stand (similar to what they have at Huddersfield on the lower tier of The Fantastic Media stand) and extended the roof. The changing rooms are inadequate, look to extend south. General upgrade of floodlights, scoreboard, bars and cartering facilities. 

With much larger funds, lower the pitch, to elevate/remove the slope of the speedway track and therefore create a full size pitch (Surprisingly the pitch at Odsal is considerably smaller than Huddersfield, Headingley and Belle Vue)  bring forward the Rooley Lane terrace, square off and roof. Box in the corners to create a more atmospheric stadium. Tarmac the spare land to the south to create extensive car parking. 

This would create a stadium with a capacity of circ 22,000 with approx  8000 seats

 

 

 

This would create a stadium with a capacity of circ 22,000 with approx 8000 seats.                                                                        What on earth for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

This would create a stadium with a capacity of circ 22,000 with approx 8000 seats.                                                                        What on earth for? 

Because the game demands it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's hope not, Bradford as a force are done, the town clearly aren't that bothered about RL unless they are winning big, can't see them bringing anything RL as a whole and would only briefly fill a spot only to go belly up and get the begging bowl out again in short order.. 

RL/SL does not need Bradford and the sport is no poorer for their departure from the top divisions.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

let's hope not, Bradford as a force are done, the town clearly aren't that bothered about RL unless they are winning big, can't see them bringing anything RL as a whole and would only briefly fill a spot only to go belly up and get the begging bowl out again in short order.. 

RL/SL does not need Bradford and the sport is no poorer for their departure from the top divisions.

Our last home game, in League 1 remember, had a crowd of over 6000. Larger than the average crowds last season at four SL clubs - Huddersfield, Wakefield, Salford and Widnes.

Presumably those four clubs don't 'bring anything' to Super League?

And that's before we start discussing all the SL and NRL players who were developed in the Bulls Academy setup

Poor attempt at trolling

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

 

And that's before we start discussing all the SL and NRL players who were developed in the Bulls Academy setup

 

No Pro Club really develop players at Academy level. The players are developed at amateur clubs. They end up usually joining a Pro Club (finishing  school) on who offers the best deal or the local team.

The great work by people in the Amateur game has often been the reason the players are the way they are, alongside having some outstanding talent. Academy is more a finishing School for me.

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

let's hope not, Bradford as a force are done, the town clearly aren't that bothered about RL unless they are winning big, can't see them bringing anything RL as a whole and would only briefly fill a spot only to go belly up and get the begging bowl out again in short order.. 

RL/SL does not need Bradford and the sport is no poorer for their departure from the top divisions.

There are many things wrong with your post and no I'm not a Bulls fan, for a start it's a City not a Town and how many of those do we have in the game let alone SL. As for not being bothered about the club unless they are winning isn't that the case everywhere, except Wigan, it seems. The Bulls might have had their problems in recent years but the game needs successful, big city club's to drive it forward, you might mock them but did you ever attended one of the Bulls Rhino's derbies in their heyday? If you think that SL doesn't need that sort of occasion and atmosphere I feel sorry for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Our last home game, in League 1 remember, had a crowd of over 6000. Larger than the average crowds last season at four SL clubs - Huddersfield, Wakefield, Salford and Widnes.

Presumably those four clubs don't 'bring anything' to Super League?

And that's before we start discussing all the SL and NRL players who were developed in the Bulls Academy setup

Poor attempt at trolling

How many times have those clubs folded since 1964? How many times have these clubs owed millions to creditors and got the begging bowl out to the rest of RL?

6800, ONE game and how much do you charge for tickets?

My opinion is that SL doesn't miss Bradford, they are a boom and bust club and have proven it more so than any other club in the top flight. No-one misses going to Odslum, it's a dump and let's hope it gets flattened and houses built on it or used for landfill, that's afar a better use of the land. You can't turn a pigs ear into a purse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

let's hope not, Bradford as a force are done, the town clearly aren't that bothered about RL unless they are winning big, can't see them bringing anything RL as a whole and would only briefly fill a spot only to go belly up and get the begging bowl out again in short order.. 

RL/SL does not need Bradford and the sport is no poorer for their departure from the top divisions.

I started watching 1987 when we had players the likes of Harkin, Hobbs, Noble and Fairbank. The crowds were apart from VS Fax and Leeds, consistently below 4000. We had above that in League 1 a fair few times last year. However I agree with you on some things. I missed 4 games Home and away all season and loved it. York away, Skolars away, Coventry away will stay in the memory bank forever. However I know a few mates who are getting season tickets this year that didn't last year. They are the ones that are missing out. And after  a great shirt presentation morning don't rule us out of winning something ;)


Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

How many times have those clubs folded since 1964? How many times have these clubs owed millions to creditors and got the begging bowl out to the rest of RL?

6800, ONE game and how much do you charge for tickets?

My opinion is that SL doesn't miss Bradford, they are a boom and bust club and have proven it more so than any other club in the top flight. No-one misses going to Odslum, it's a dump and let's hope it gets flattened and houses built on it or used for landfill, that's afar a better use of the land. You can't turn a pigs ear into a purse.

Happy Christmas.


Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

There are many things wrong with your post and no I'm not a Bulls fan, for a start it's a City not a Town and how many of those do we have in the game let alone SL. As for not being bothered about the club unless they are winning isn't that the case everywhere, except Wigan, it seems. The Bulls might have had their problems in recent years but the game needs successful, big city club's to drive it forward, you might mock them but did you ever attended one of the Bulls Rhino's derbies in their heyday? If you think that SL doesn't need that sort of occasion and atmosphere I feel sorry for you.

oooo, town/city, whatever, conurbation, does that suit? And then you get to conjecture and opinion, also you ignore the fact Bradford have been in financial straights more than a few times in their history, Bradford 1964 was the official name of the club after they went bust, but they've been in the quagmire more seasons than they haven't over the last decade and more, so actually I got ONE thing wrong not MANY unlike yourself..

As I'm located in the home counties I never went to odslum to watch Hull play them, I don't see what that has got anything to do with my opinion that Bradford aren't missed, that Odslum is a dump and it should not be redeveloped, creating more debt for a club that will never generate enough income to cover it, they couldn't manage it with the big crowds when they were winning ffs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one very knowledgeable Bradford man who I know looks in on here ,must be champing at the bit now . Bradford being a large city should be more financially viable than they are despite being quite successful too. Maybe it's because they've never owned ed their ground ? 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

oooo, town/city, whatever, conurbation, does that suit? And then you get to conjecture and opinion, also you ignore the fact Bradford have been in financial straights more than a few times in their history, Bradford 1964 was the official name of the club after they went bust, but they've been in the quagmire more seasons than they haven't over the last decade and more, so actually I got ONE thing wrong not MANY unlike yourself..

As I'm located in the home counties I never went to odslum to watch Hull play them, I don't see what that has got anything to do with my opinion that Bradford aren't missed, that Odslum is a dump and it should not be redeveloped, creating more debt for a club that will never generate enough income to cover it, they couldn't manage it with the big crowds when they were winning ffs!

So what did I get wrong? You never went there when they were at their peak so don't know what the atmosphere was like so can't understand why that's what SL needs, occasions, that people want to be part of, the reason the public of Bradford and surrounding areas  went along in large numbers to a big hole in the ground that will never be redeveloped by the Bulls, the RFL or any outside developer, the costs of doing so would be astronomical, once they start excavating for the foundations there is no telling what might emerge in the way of toxic or poisonous materials that were landfilled in the 1930s. So yes it is a dump and will never be developed and the Bulls have had numerous administration's, all of which I have lived through but to say that SL can manage fine without them, I bet if you asked Lenaghan, McManus, Pearson Elstone etc they would have them back like a shot.    By the way, with your use of capital letters, do you type in green!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...