Obituary Thread

Ian "Tich" Amey, from Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.

https://www.beat-magazine.co.uk/2024/tich-of-dave-dee-dozy-beaky-mick-and-tich-has-died/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 17/02/2024 at 00:15, Futtocks said:

Ian "Tich" Amey, from Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.

https://www.beat-magazine.co.uk/2024/tich-of-dave-dee-dozy-beaky-mick-and-tich-has-died/ 

Salisbury's finest!  I think the outdoor photo in the article is taken in the city's market place.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Hull FC Hall of Fame inductee Chris Davidson, a scrum-half who, after making his debut in 1964, played 295 games for the Black & Whites, scoring 86 tries.

That's really sad news. Chris was one of my favourite players of that era. He was extremely talented and incredibly tough. I'm sure he could have gone on to much better things but he stayed loyal to Hull through some pretty lean years. 

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

My main disappointment with sporting obituaries is that they rarely mention what players like Chris Davidson did for a living whilst they played and after they had retired from playing.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Early reports, but not from respectable sources, that the celebrity Holocaust denier David Irving has died.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actor and comedian Ewen MacIntosh, best known for his role as "Big Keith" in The Office, has died aged 50.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68357976

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charlie Strutton, 34

He's in red below in about 2009. I saw him play a lot for Chalfont St Peter but injury cut his opportunities in higher leagues. I think he did okay for AFC Wimbledon for a time.

3978927027_2fab22a977_z.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, Derwent said:

Very sad news, one of my childhood heroes, such a talented player.

2-30 Sat afternoon in the QPR dressing room.Where's Stan?.Then they would send someone out to the nearby pub or bookies to find him.10 min before kick off Stan got changed and went out to have a fantastic game.Often beating a defender two or three times before crossing into the area.Great player and what a character.

Hairy Biker Dave Myers, aged 66.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Very sad news.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Very sad news.

Sad news indeed, always enjoy watching the hairy bikers and they have just been showing a programme around this patch.

R.I.P.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.