23-24 Feb: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way as a long standing and dedicated fan please join us at the Skolars Supporters Group meetings. As everyone else who attends away games also attends those meetings and none of us knows who you actually are, we are keen to find out who you are so we can say hi in future. Our next meeting is held at the Queens Head in Acton Street off Grays Inn Road near Kings Cross on Wednesday 6th March at 7pm. Everyone is welcome

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It sounds like you’re not much of a fan and do nothing but abuse the Skolars. If it’s that bad, why do you keep going back? 

I really don’t like this attitude. The man has driven hundreds of miles on his day off to see his side play poorly - he has every right to have a moan.

A few seasons ago Skolars beat Keighley, Doncaster and a few more established clubs. Since then they’ve been bitterly disappointing. I think LondonFan has every right to be very annoyed at how his club is performing, and for what it’s worth I agree with him. Skolars have been going a bloody long time now, they should be doing a lot better than scraping past West Wales. 

10 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

I really don’t like this attitude. The man has driven hundreds of miles on his day off to see his side play poorly - he has every right to have a moan.

A few seasons ago Skolars beat Keighley, Doncaster and a few more established clubs. Since then they’ve been bitterly disappointing. I think LondonFan has every right to be very annoyed at how his club is performing, and for what it’s worth I agree with him. Skolars have been going a bloody long time now, they should be doing a lot better than scraping past West Wales. 

Agree , we’ve all been there ( often in some cases ) . Pay yer money you’re entitled to honestly say what you want . Doesn’t mean you’re not supporting , you always go back ! Maybe he cares , and clubs are in a poor state when people don’t 

10 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

If actually have a look, LondonFan (a laughable name really) never says anything remotely productive about Skolars as a club. 

Skolars have beat numerous teams over the years but they’re where they are because that’s their ceiling. They’ve gone away from a team full of Antipodeans to a team with the majority being London based, so their results aren’t going to be great always. 

14 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

So who do you realistically expect to beat?

I am confident,and hopeful,of a win before every game.As for realistically expecting,I may wait for at least a further 6 games before coming to a conclusion on that.

14 hours ago, Londonfan said:

I agree the scores were far worse your first two games last season but the opposition was far better than you have met this season. Coach Colman should worry about coaching his team during the week and let them think for themselves when playing not spend the game on the pitch coaching them. He has done it for years and whatever he is doing isn’t really working. I thought our new signings were terrible 

I saw the tweet from the perspicacious Mr McNeil on the Skolars account.

I agree that Skolars were fortunate to play us early but in fairness to Mr Coleman,it was the first League 1 game,and he had new signings to bed in.A lot,if not the majority of Skolars points were scored by the dual reg players from Wigan.

Although Skolars may not have as many new signings as Raiders,they still take time to learn new calls,teammates,and combinations.Not easy on a limited timescale.

Not even the elite,full time players,find it easy.

Nothing is won or lost in the first month of the season.

In recent seasons Mr Coleman has had far wealthier opposition,many full-time opposition,and many Super League dual reg players to face.Hardly a fair comparison to what League 1 sides were in seasons earlier to that.

An away win while not playing at your best is usually something to savour.( As I will,shortly )

When West Wales Raiders win at Hunslet and/or Newcastle,next month,I'll try not to analyse the performance too deeply or find fault with it. ☺️

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

So 2 first team forwards are playing on DR for Donny. I thought Hull had an injury crisis and so needed to bring Ellis out of retirement? ??

It seems Super League clubs were the ones who wanted dual reg.against the wishes/advice of the RFL in 2013.

Some young fringe players in the Doncaster side.

Is it too late to change the format for a limited number of Super League performances/salary cap amount?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Town 48 Crusaders 18

Town were rubbish today but still won comfortably.

Your right mate but I think some credit to crusaders who never gave in and looked sharp with ball in hand. 

1 minute ago, fevtom said:

Great win for the bears, a real shame there were only 360 there to see it. Oldham and Workington with convincing wins.

A mate was at the game and said he counted 123 people in the stand so it seems the real attendance is a lot less than 360. A real shame, the people of Coventry should be getting behind their team!

Archived