What’s Happened to Our League Live Streams?

They said last week that they were going to announce a list of featured games shortly.

They do have a Challenge Cup game (Workington - Siddal) next weekend.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

A little disappointing that this is the second week without a streamed game. I've really enjoyed them, especially this season where the production has clearly stepped up a level.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shambolic in this day and age. Amateurs are live streaming quality content from amateur sports leagues around the world. This is a big part of the future for all sports so they need to be growing it now. Yet again they are paying lip service to stuff and we will be left miles and miles behind. 

6 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

They said last week that they were going to announce a list of featured games shortly.

They do have a Challenge Cup game (Workington - Siddal) next weekend.

I’d think they’d be looking to top the million mark with that one 

9 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/

I thought OL was supposed to be live streaming one game a week from either the Championship or League 1? Has it died a death already?

Challenge Cup next week then Batley v Toulouse on Saturday 23rd are scheduled far as I'm aware. So far they only seem to be streaming matches that don't clash with games on TV, which with Toronto on most weeks narrows the choice somewhat. 

It really doesn’t make sense: build hype up, engage paper and raise expectations, start, do well then...stop with no communications. At all. 

It does seem RFL is unable to medium term plan let alone long term. 

Maybe (conspiracy theory alert) George Riley's been poached by Sky to replace Eddie, so the RFL don't have a commentator at the moment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Maybe (conspiracy theory alert) George Riley's been poached by Sky to replace Eddie, so the RFL don't have a commentator at the moment.

Others have commentated though. 

It is odd not to have a game. Seem to be spending more on it this season as well.

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Would would Sky hire Riley, but fire Keys and Grey?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 8:36 AM, deluded pom? said:

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/

I thought OL was supposed to be live streaming one game a week from either the Championship or League 1? Has it died a death already?

I found this on the Our League App.

Our League Fixtures to be shown:

• Betfred Championship | Widnes Vikings v Bradford Bulls (March 17 - KO 3pm)
  • Betfred Championship | Batley Bulldogs v Toulouse Olympique XIII (March 23 - KO 3pm)
  • Coral Challenge Cup Round 4 (March 31)
  • Women's Super League | Wigan Warriors Women v St Helens Women (April 7 - KO 1pm)
  • Betfred Championship | Bradford Bulls v Dewsbury Rams (April 7 - KO 3pm)
  • Coral Challenge Cup Round 5 (April 14)
  • Betfred Championship | Featherstone Rovers v York (April 19 - KO 6pm)

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

I installed it,found it was bobbins and promptly uninstalled it again.

You don't need the app; just stream it through your internet browser. If your TV has a browser, or you can cast to the TV, or just hook up a cable, so much the better.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

More good news ?

2 games to be shown on the OurLeague App. 

Round Four of the Coral Challenge Cup. Thatto Heath Crusaders v North Wales Crusaders on Saturday, March 30 (KO 2.30pm).

The 1895 Cup First Round fixture between Hunslet RLFC and Workington Town will be live streamed from the South Leeds Stadium on Saturday, May 4 (KO 3.00pm). 

27 minutes ago, Rage said:

More good news ?

2 games to be shown on the OurLeague App. 

Round Four of the Coral Challenge Cup. Thatto Heath Crusaders v North Wales Crusaders on Saturday, March 30 (KO 2.30pm).

The 1895 Cup First Round fixture between Hunslet RLFC and Workington Town will be live streamed from the South Leeds Stadium on Saturday, May 4 (KO 3.00pm). 

Not forgetting Batley v Toulouse, 3pm tomorrow (23/03/2019).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I moaned earlier in this thread about OL but actually this is good. Enjoyed the Widnes v Bulls and looking forward to this weekends. One thing hope they don’t forget about L1. 

Thought this might have been mentioned but they announced 100,000 subscribers this week; which ain’t bad. 

Archived