Thurs 4 April : SL : Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos KO 7:45 pm TV

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leeds Rhinos

33 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Certainly Leeds need that bloke who can walk on water.  Is he available, or is he on dual registration at Lourdes?

Oh great, another French team ignoring local talent for overseas signings.  Albeit one from the Middle East not Australia...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, RLDave said:

Should be back at Easter

Which is only fair, having been made a scapegoat for the Good Friday derby result where he was accused of hanging around doing nothing all game...

Lolohea certainly impressed after being dropped ?. I know Callum McLelland was very close to getting the nod and after that dismal halves performance, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him line up with Myler in the next game 

3 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Goodness me, Leeds are really sh*te.

Hope you don't mind me editing for obvious reasons.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

46 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't think that is their problem they have been scoring enough points in most games to win them,  Furner is turning the Aussie coaching ethics of defence first and foremost on its head, either he is not majoring  on the defensive structures or else the players are simply not good enough to follow instructions, judging how they went last season, simply not good enough.

Furner has been an attack coach for Souths for a few years, make of that what you will...

1 hour ago, RLDave said:

Perfect result. A Leeds loss but Hurrell getting 4 tries just after I've put him in my dream team. 

I’ve put a £5 on him at the start of the season to be leading try scorer. 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

That is now Sinfields role, and he’s been clear there is no quick fix, what’s happening at the club is a total rebuild, I’m not sure what people expected this year, I said we would finish mid or low table, I still think that’s where we will finish.

this will take 2-3 years for Leeds to be competing in and around the top of the table again.

Nobody serious minded would disagree that it would be 2-3 years to rebuild.  

Problem is it will take even longer as I seriously think Leeds are looking like being relegated... Given Huddersfield forwards will be too powerful for Leeds I just can't see Leeds beating them so for me it comes down to London or Leeds. I would not be putting money on Leeds not being relegated as they don't seem to have the togetherness of London.

Surely the back room ain't good enough and Sinfield is responsible for putting in place the new back room structure and personnel. Let alone ignoring the deficiencies of the team given his role with Lowes last year. He seems to focused his energies on the back room (substantially larger back room than previous) I guess thinking the team wasn't as bad as performances clearly showed last season.

Surely they should bring in a defense coach to support Furner. Even if the players are poor. Having said that Leeds are extremely light weight across the park so not surprising teams find it easy to score crash ball tries. Plus despite Hurrell being their best player he is defensively poor.

33 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Nobody serious minded would disagree that it would be 2-3 years to rebuild.  

Problem is it will take even longer as I seriously think Leeds are looking like being relegated... Given Huddersfield forwards will be too powerful for Leeds I just can't see Leeds beating them so for me it comes down to London or Leeds. I would not be putting money on Leeds not being relegated as they don't seem to have the togetherness of London.

Surely the back room ain't good enough and Sinfield is responsible for putting in place the new back room structure and personnel. Let alone ignoring the deficiencies of the team given his role with Lowes last year. He seems to focused his energies on the back room (substantially larger back room than previous) I guess thinking the team wasn't as bad as performances clearly showed last season.

Surely they should bring in a defense coach to support Furner. Even if the players are poor. Having said that Leeds are extremely light weight across the park so not surprising teams find it easy to score crash ball tries. Plus despite Hurrell being their best player he is defensively poor.

The table at this stage is still quite close from 4th down, the problem Leeds have is if they don’t pick up some wins soon it could well slip away from them.

Our defence is pretty much pathetic at the moment across the park not just close to the line.

This easter is a very interesting time for us, we have some games that we need to win (I don’t think tonight was a must win game) but we are getting into that territory.

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

For me Leeds are a poor side at the moment, but I can't see London getting more points than them. Total respect for the job Danny Ward has done, but I feel Leeds have a bit more in their squad to stay up than London have.

Stop spoiling everyone’s fun! 

8 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I woke up at the usual time to watch the game and completely forgot about daylight savings so I only caught the last 20 minutes haha. 

Very happy with the win and especially posting that many points.

Josh Drinkwater's individual effort was pure class and the last try from Ben Crooks really exposed how targetable Leeds' left edge is. 

We've just got to keep building now as we have 3 games in 14 days and squad rotation (well, as much as we can rotate) will be vitally important.

For the second time we've finished with 13/14 fit players so assessments need to be done on a few of them.

I'm flying to Alice Springs to pick up a van and drive it back 415km in the same day so the result has made the trip more bearable. Bring on the KFC ?

Stop showing off.

rldfsignature.jpg

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, no and thrice no, young Walker is putting in more effort than those meant to be his peers and showing him the ropes  when actually he is setting an example of both effort and agility to those who should be so much better.

Maybe if he had put a bit less effort in, some of his kicks would have landed in the field of play.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Bring on the KFC ?

Do they have those bloody adverts on the English games you watch down there as well?

8 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Which is only fair, having been made a scapegoat for the Good Friday derby result where he was accused of hanging around doing nothing all game...

Nailed on.

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

The commentators would try to make a game of it if it was 50-0 . They waffle on and never actually say someone’s just rubbish 

Ooof....you can't mention that!

10 hours ago, meast said:

Is Jack Walker young??

10 hours ago, Bamboo Kid said:

Yeah still a Teenager.

A bit of a wooosh there I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, Bamboo Kid said:

Ok so which coach do you think could actually make this current Leeds side want to play? 

Lee Radford?

Or that bloke at Hull FC?

Please.

12 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Is Hurrell fit?, he'll have a field day tonight, I reckon.

Well, I was proved correct but I doubt he's a happy bunny today.

A strange game, after that dreadful start, at one point Leeds looked like they were up for it then just faded away again. Aside from Hurrell, Brad Dwyer and the not so old Jack Walker were the stand outs for them, hardly noticed anybody else. First time I realised Drinkwater was playing was when he scored towards the end of the game. Doesn't look like the same bloke who marched Les Cats around the field to such good effect last year. Maguire still proving his worth and Garbutt making a point. Aside from those performances I thought it was all rather low quality.

Difficult to see how Leeds can turn it round really, beaten by both Hull teams early in a season, that's a rather damning statistic for them, I reckon it will have been quite some time since that occurred last.

(Awaits some statto to prove me wrong...)

11 hours ago, Cake Tiger said:

When Lolohea was at the NZ Warriors, some of his advisors got it into his head that he was better than he was. When he first broke through, he was fast and had a good step. He flitted around different positions in the backs, never really convincing in any of them. He had moments of brilliance but would back that up with a game where you would never see him. His defence, especially positioning, has always been an issue. The reports at the time stated that he wanted to play in the halves at the Warriors and he asked for a move when they couldn't guarantee that. I think a lot of Warriors fans were not too fussed when he left. 

At the Wests Tigers, he never settled and played a lot of reserve grade. 

He has put on a lot of weight since his early days, which must affect his speed and agility. He needs to knuckle down, lose some weight and do the hard yards needed to make it in the first team. 

At the moment, he is no better than a journeyman, which is bad for a 24 year old. 

It looks as if he could be the next Lance Hohiha, now he was garbage at Saints. A dreadful signing. 

It seemed to me that HKR were significantly more motivated, more determined, more fired up, faster off the mark etc, than Leeds. 

It was as if Tim Sheens told his team that the Leeds players had wronged each HKR players mothers. 

Archived