Fans Forum ASAP

Townster1

Just a thought but would any other fans want a fans forum ASAP to get answers on what’s happening at the club. IMO fans deserve answers what’s happening and why we are performing so poorly wether it be on or off the field issues, a good chance to get questions we all have answered 

I can see why you’d be of that opinion townster but let’s see how the players react hopefully they’ll go again and get out of the rut we’ve been in over the last few weeks if things don’t improve I’m sure the board will keep the fans engaged

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

moderator: Gentleman Jim,Why is it that nearly everyone that posts on the forum is alienated by your sarcastic little remarks,Townster1 only asked a sensible question  about would any fans like to have an open forum to find out what is going on at our club.I really do not like forum members to be treat like they are all illiterate or not sensible enough but believe me there is a lot of our members out there that are  far cleverer than you or I, and they will, or not, be happy to receive your catty little outbursts,you are more than welcome on the forum has you know, but, these silly "outbursts" has got to stop.Thankyou

52 minutes ago, Townster1 said:

Just a thought but would any other fans want a fans forum ASAP to get answers on what’s happening at the club. IMO fans deserve answers what’s happening and why we are performing so poorly wether it be on or off the field issues, a good chance to get questions we all have answered 

No. The coaching staff and the players will deal with the current sutuation in training. 

6 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

moderator: Gentleman Jim,Why is it that nearly everyone that posts on the forum is alienated by your sarcastic little remarks,Townster1 only asked a sensible question  about would any fans like to have an open forum to find out what is going on at our club.I really do not like forum members to be treat like they are all illiterate or not sensible enough but believe me there is a lot of our members out there that are  far cleverer than you or I, and they will, or not, be happy to receive your catty little outbursts,you are more than welcome on the forum has you know, but, these silly "outbursts" has got to stop.Thankyou

does that apply to everyone moderator? I'm discussing a post that someone has made. Are my questions less relevant? and if so why? Nearly every is alienated?

1 minute ago, GentlemanJim said:

does that apply to everyone moderator? I'm discussing a post that someone has made. Are my questions less relevant? and if so why? Nearly every is alienated?

This completely typifies why I stopped posting. The likes of you make out town fans to be nasty non compromising and accepting of others opinions. I won’t get in a slanging match with you as I won’t post again. Our club will never advance with such emphatic negative attack’s by the dinosaurs. Oh and for your info I don’t support the jam either. 

Moderator. Please put an end to the schoolboy bullying tactics. 

25 minutes ago, totallytown said:

This completely typifies why I stopped posting. The likes of you make out town fans to be nasty non compromising and accepting of others opinions. I won’t get in a slanging match with you as I won’t post again. Our club will never advance with such emphatic negative attack’s by the dinosaurs. Oh and for your info I don’t support the jam either. 

MODERATOR: No,It does not apply to everyone jim only you.I know you were only discussing a point that Townster1 posted but it is the manner that you reply.I just cannot understand or comprehend why you have to reply in such an objective manner,he was only asking a sensible question and your reply was that he was a Whitehaven supporter making mischief or that he is talking rubbish.At times you can post sensible comments like you did  for the flimby blue post,but it is the way you react to 99% of posts that our members put on has if we are all illiterate,The above post just go's to show how you are being alienated and that post came from a gentleman who has he has said stopped posting because of your reposts.I can promise you that if anyone on our forum was reacting like you do he would be treat exacly the same.Thankyou...

9 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

oh aye. Welcome to the forum brother

We're on 6 points the leaders are on 10. Having a little stir?

What does our points tally have to do with it ? The fact is we have been very poor all season and well short of what the team is capable of producing. It’s not unreasonable for fans to ask why. If the Haven result had been a one off bad performance then I’d agree that we should just move on but it wasn’t a one off it was the latest in a string of them. Even those games that we earned the 6 points in were patchy performances and 2 of them could easily have been lost (Oldham and Newcastle). 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The points against column tells the true story , we are leaking too many tries in . Our goal line  defence though has improved a lot lately , we don`t seem to let the simple barge over tries in anymore .Unfortunately most tries are down to individual errors or trying to play too much rugby in our own 20 , losing possession and giving away field position .

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

What does our points tally have to do with it ? The fact is we have been very poor all season and well short of what the team is capable of producing. It’s not unreasonable for fans to ask why. .....

It doesn't seem that much of a mystery to me. We have been firefighting since day 1 of the season our outside backs are not settled due to major injuries to key strike players and now we lack a cutting edge. There is nothing wrong with our forward pack but again injuries playing their part Dawson , Curwen, Wilkes. We just don’t have the the depth of squad (and now Olstrum). This league is competitive and we were never going to steamroller everyone else though without the key injuries I think we would win most. 

When we kept the ball in the pack we had Haven going backwards and Tickles try had an inevitability about it, but too often we went wide and the Haven defence was barely troubled. Hot day and a lot to ask maybe with a light bench. Having said that we had chances, a couple of times 2 on 1 the ball should have gone to the winger (Barnes and Penky) but didn’t and the chance was gone. I’m not saying we would have won but it is fine margins and the score could have been closer. I understand the reaction but I think to suggest these guys aren’t giving their best or there is something more complex going on is way off the mark. I'm (we're) down but UTT

1 minute ago, DocH said:

couple of times 2 on 1 the ball should have gone to the winger

Singleton had to put Tyler away but dummied . The kid is a flyer and let Singleton know it after that !

Well said DocH . My post about certain moments in the game being turning points seems to have been mis-interpreted , and all i was trying to say was no matter how poor we played we still created chances which we should have taken .There is no question Haven were the better Team all round , but we still might have robbed a win as they did twice last year when outplayed ..

11 hours ago, totallytown said:

Don’t do that mate , post what you want . This is a forum , inhabited mainly by the fans who pay their money and turn up , who are passionate and interested enough to care . If you don’t care you don’t give your opinion and ask about something . You don’t get happy , frustrated , angry , questioning , upset and every other emotion . This is an outlet for all of those and anything you want to say on the subject . Why people get hung up on anything anyone says I don’t know . Debate it , agree , disagree , ignore it . No one has the right to set themselves up as a moral guardian telling other people what they should or shouldn’t say , and assuming what their motives are . If you question or critique your automatically a haven fan or troll is juvenile nonsense in the frequency it’s thrown out there . If your so sensitive and intolerant to any questioning comment or critique then I’d say a forum isn’t the place for you . When we stop bothering to care and comment we’ve got a bigger problem . We all ultimately want the same thing and have the right to comment on what we see as we see it 

David m totally agree with what your saying, this is a great little forum ultimately spoiled by a few posters. Jim Bob only joined 6 months ago and quite rightly was accepted as a genuine fan but has openly accused pretty much every new poster or anyone who disagrees a haven fan or resorts to bully boy posts when he doesn’t have a worthy response.

IF 10 EX TOWN PLAYERS AND 2 EX TOWN COACHES CANT LIFT THEMSELVES WHICH THEY DID FOR THE TOWN DERBY I WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY SUPRISED THE DISAPOINTMENT FOR ME WAS THAT WE COULDNT LIFT OURSELVES IN THE SECOND HALF OUR SQUAD IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FORWARDS ARE OK BUT OUR BACKS ARE STRUGGLING WE HAVE LOST FIELDHOUSE MILLER LITHERLAND WHO WAS GOING TO BE CENTRE PACKED IN, WE HAVE NOT ENOUGH COMPETITION FOR PLACES IN THE BACKS AND THIS IS HURTING US  BIG TIME! LEON IS TRYING HIS BEST BUT HE IS RESTRICTED BY THE SIZE OF THE SQUAD AND PLAYER AVAILABILITY .I IMAGINE IT WILL BE A DIFFICULT JOB TO BRING PLAYERS IN AT THIS TIME .IZACC FARREL SEEMS A VERY GOOD PLAYER AND I THINK ONCE HE SETTLES HE WILL BE EFFECTIVE .WE MISSED OLIVER WILKES LEADERSHIP  ON THE FIELD AND MAYBE IN THE CHANGEROOM POSSIBLY I THINK BUT WE HAVE TO MOVE ON AND HOPE THEY CAN START PERFORMING AS A TEAM AND GET SOME POSITIVE RESULTS. 

morning all

man was that dissapointing on friday we badly need some urgency in the half back position our go forward is good but it all grinds to a walking pace when the halfs get it the young bloke farrel hopefully will inject some speed  and direction into our game once he gets going as our current pair play like they cant be dropped forber dose the same old moves when he has the ball crabbing over the field restricting any space we have outside him and doran plays like a loose forward hardly ever passing just trying to run thru everyone can clayton sutton play in the halves i have never watched him as a ameteur

I've mentioned on other posts,two good lads would fit towns team,Tyson from egremont,center or half back solid unit with some pace,an marwood from barrow island,very quick player with good skills,watched both lads and both players can play ,Tyson in the halfs or center,marwood half, fullback,hooker.would be good if we could get them in are squad.

56 minutes ago, plumbob21 said:

morning all

man was that dissapointing on friday we badly need some urgency in the half back position our go forward is good but it all grinds to a walking pace when the halfs get it the young bloke farrel hopefully will inject some speed  and direction into our game once he gets going as our current pair play like they cant be dropped forber dose the same old moves when he has the ball crabbing over the field restricting any space we have outside him and doran plays like a loose forward hardly ever passing just trying to run thru everyone can clayton sutton play in the halves i have never watched him as a ameteur

Oh oh you better don your tin hat marra ? lol

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

I've mentioned on other posts,two good lads would fit towns team,Tyson from egremont,center or half back solid unit with some pace,an marwood from barrow island,very quick player with good skills,watched both lads and both players can play ,Tyson in the halfs or center,marwood half, fullback,hooker.would be good if we could get them in are squad.

Marwood only played his first game of the season on Saturday. I'd give Ben Garner another go

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

I'm all for bringing in good amateurs they're the future but two of the four we've used so far have been terrible.They wouldn't have been signed if they weren't good players but can we afford to lose games because of their errors? It's not just at this level, you see it in SL and it's up to the coach whether to keep faith in them.

Archived