21-23 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, Bulliac said:

It's an interesting one, that's for sure. Fax have beaten the bulls twice but there is just 4 points between the sides over three games (so I was informed..) so it 's basically between two fairly even sides both looking to find some form. Could go either way.

as  FEV fan i have seen bulls v fax twice on telly and both close games think fax won 21 -14 at the bash and 20 -16 in cup  unless some one has a mare think this weekend go also go down to the wire

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very young looking squad for Widnes tonight, with yet another two Academy lads making their first team debut. Makes me think that the 1895 midweek cup game is being prioritised over the league.

29 minutes ago, JonM said:

Very young looking squad for Widnes tonight, with yet another two Academy lads making their first team debut. Makes me think that the 1895 midweek cup game is being prioritised over the league.

Jack Owens, Jordan Johnstone, Danny Craven, Hep Cahill & Ryan Ince all drop out to illness/injury from last weekend.

17 hours ago, JonM said:

Widnes 28  Batley 22 FT

Attendance 3742

Good crowd.

Difficult couple of fixtures ahead for TO with a depleted squad.   Toronto will cruise with their depth.

12 minutes ago, Snowman123 said:

Good crowd.

Lot of kids - the noise was like a schoolboy football international or something.

Twenty point start for Widnes off the bookies was ludicrous, but I'm happy to take their money on these rare occasions when they really misprice something.

Currently Toronto 18:12 Toulouse, as the home side are called back from what looked like a try for a forward pass.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, JonM said:

Lot of kids - the noise was like a schoolboy football international or something.

Twenty point start for Widnes off the bookies was ludicrous, but I'm happy to take their money on these rare occasions when they really misprice something.

Was it 20 points start for Batley?

I usually look but I forgot.

1 hour ago, PECETTO said:

FT 28/16 . 

I thought TO made a good game of it, it was close up until the last 10-15 minutes. Even the referee had a reasonable match except for one howler gifting Toronto another set under the TO posts with which they scored. But a good reply considering the result against Swinton last week.

15 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I thought TO made a good game of it, it was close up until the last 10-15 minutes. Even the referee had a reasonable match except for one howler gifting Toronto another set under the TO posts with which they scored. But a good reply considering the result against Swinton last week.

And steel 9 players off

9 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

And steel 9 players off

Yes, missing Kheirallah, Ford, Curren, Marguerite and Peuch is a big loss. I thought Joe (Bretherton) did OK on his return

41 minutes ago, krakauer said:

7,742 in attendance.

Don't know what the attendance at the Argo game is but if they keep playing the way they are this afternoon by the end of the season the Wolfpack will be outdrawing them. ?  They are BAD!

On 21/06/2019 at 13:22, Bleep1673 said:

1505, Management at Bradford arrested for a Terrorist attempt at blowing the main stand up, when the organisers forgot to tell the Army the stand isn't being demolished, it just looks like that.

RFL are looking into a revamp of Odsal Stadium, in conjunction with the Council and the Bradford Bulls. Personally, I think they should engage with the good folks at Carlsberg. If Carlsberg did R.L. makeovers, Odsal would probably look like this..............................

D5k9pMbW4AIZD8k.jpg

D7GcBgnVsAAw9AQ.jpg:large

D9HMsgEXUAIyxw2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hemel Stag said:

RFL are looking into a revamp of Odsal Stadium, in conjunction with the Council and the Bradford Bulls. Personally, I think they should engage with the good folks at Carlsberg. If Carlsberg did R.L. makeovers, Odsal would probably look like this..............................

D5k9pMbW4AIZD8k.jpg

D7GcBgnVsAAw9AQ.jpg:large

D9HMsgEXUAIyxw2.jpg

Can I have a pint of what hes on please?

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

Offsetting gifts with Toulouse's third try coming after a knock on.

12 hours ago, Niels said:

Was it 20 points start for Batley?

I usually look but I forgot.

Yes. I rarely bet (have had a couple of accounts closed by bookies over the years) but that was clearly mis-priced. 

Look at the future for Tetley's Brewery since Carlsberg bought it.

https://vastint.eu/uk/projects/tetley-brewery-site-leeds/

• Up to 850 homes; 5% of which will be for affordable housing, in line with LCC’s policy

• Up to 85,000m2 employment space, including spaces for creative industries •

Up to 15,000m2 active uses including retail, (A1-5), cultural, educational, leisure or health (C2, D1,D2)

• Hotel with up to 400 rooms and ancillary facilities

I can just see the advert now:

'If Carlsberg made an iconic real ale, it would probably shut the brewery and outsource production.'

Many will scoff, but Odsal has genuine heritage value. It's far too important to let a faceless developer snap it up for peanuts in order to build a megawarehouse on the footprint.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Anyone know if/how I can get the our league stream to be on my telly instead of my phone? 

If you have an Apple device or similar you can mirror it or you can directly link the two using hard wire (about £5).  

Archived