Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Old Frightful

Does Headingley have the most expensive seats to watch SL?

Recommended Posts

Will be wandering over next Sunday to see our usual defeat there and thought we might sit in one of the shiny new stands. Then I went on the Leeds website and thought perhaps we won't.

£32 to sit in the North or South Stands or £36 to sit in the East stand behind the posts. 😮

It says on the website if you buy tickets in advance you receive a £3 discount on match day admission so, as we're a week away, does that mean it's £35 and £39 respectively on the day?

I went through the motions of buying tickets to see if the discount was applied during that process making the seats £29 and £33 but it didn't seem to happen unless it happens when you hit "click to buy" but I wasn't risking that.

Padded seats on halfway at the KCOM are £25 which seem summat of a bargain compared to those prices.

Please let's not have any Leeds fans suggesting you get what you pay for as this clearly won't wash this season.

Any other clubs near those prices?


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full price list -

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/tickets/ticket-info/

The cheapest seats are the Extentia Stand (East Stand) wing seats at £30. The more expensive ones in that stand are directly behind the posts. Prices go up by £3 on gameday so the £30 becomes £33 and yes your £36 becomes £39.

As Elston has said in the past, Leeds have a slightly different business model to the rest of SL and I personally don't think the prices are outrageous although I know some Leeds fans have differing opinions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does seem pricey but then I guess they’re looking at their target audience.   Where do the majority of Leeds fans reside?   The areas around Headingley are quite affluent which might mean more disposable income when compared to other smaller towns in the region?

Not so great for away fans though if you’re on a budget I guess...   Having said that, Headingley can be a great day out and it’s a lovely area to spend some time before/after a game with all the bars and restaurants etc.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can hardly compare Headingley to dumps like Belle Vue and Wheldon Road. 

At Leeds it’s from £30 to sit and £24 to stand. When the standards on the pitch are back up to scratch that will be good value in what is the best stadium in Super League.

Edited by Sir Kevin Sinfield
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You can hardly compare Headingley to dumps like Belle Vue and Wheldon Road. 

At Leeds it’s from £30 to sit and £24 to stand. When the standards on the pitch are back up to scratch that will be good value in what is the best stadium in Super League.

In your opinion, obviously.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prices which stand out immediately are the junior ones (16 and under). £20 for the edge seats in the south and north. The equivalent at Saints are £10 and we also have youth tickets for 17/18 year olds whereas those ages appear to be into adult prices at Leeds. In fact most seats seem to have a £7-10 premium on them, £37 for the middle seats compared to £30.50 etc.

As someone else has said further up though Headingley is a pretty affluent area by comparison. They've also got a couple of expensive new stands to pay for. As long as attendances hold up then you'd probably argue their pricing is about right for their market. Whether or not that remains the case if the product on the pitch doesn't improve is perhaps another matter.

Given Leeds' financial stability over recent years compared to most clubs, they're clearly not daft and will have a good idea of what they can reasonably charge. For the majority of away fans who stand, the prices for that look fairly similar to what I've paid at most SL grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You can hardly compare Headingley to dumps like Belle Vue and Wheldon Road. 

At Leeds it’s from £30 to sit and £24 to stand. When the standards on the pitch are back up to scratch that will be good value in what is the best stadium in Super League.

When standards on the pitch go up 😂 you are a funny man. No doubt when standards go up so will the prices!! Lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Moove said:

The prices which stand out immediately are the junior ones (16 and under). £20 for the edge seats in the south and north. The equivalent at Saints are £10 and we also have youth tickets for 17/18 year olds whereas those ages appear to be into adult prices at Leeds. In fact most seats seem to have a £7-10 premium on them, £37 for the middle seats compared to £30.50 etc.

As someone else has said further up though Headingley is a pretty affluent area by comparison. They've also got a couple of expensive new stands to pay for. As long as attendances hold up then you'd probably argue their pricing is about right for their market. Whether or not that remains the case if the product on the pitch doesn't improve is perhaps another matter.

Given Leeds' financial stability over recent years compared to most clubs, they're clearly not daft and will have a good idea of what they can reasonably charge. For the majority of away fans who stand, the prices for that look fairly similar to what I've paid at most SL grounds.

Leeds have both a student and u21s price FYI. Actually quite progressive to have both and something I (as both those categories) support.

Leeds had the same prices for a good number of years until tbe new stands were built. With both the jump from the freeze and repaying the new ground I think that's where the increase comes from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Leeds had the same prices for a good number of years until tbe new stands were built. With both the jump from the freeze and repaying the new ground I think that's where the increase comes from. 

Correct - a brief history of Headingley ticket prices (S Stand being the same as ground entry) -

image.png.b0c1012831f44fd677286ecb23348f32.png

 

Edited by M j M
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You can hardly compare Headingley to dumps like Belle Vue and Wheldon Road. 

At Leeds it’s from £30 to sit and £24 to stand. When the standards on the pitch are back up to scratch that will be good value in what is the best stadium in Super League.

If you close one eye and pretend the Western Terrace isn't there.

  • Haha 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ullman said:

If you close one eye and pretend the Western Terrace isn't there.

As OF has demonstrated, nobody is forcing you to stand there. If you prefer not to be out in the sun, tickets are available in all other parts of the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, M j M said:

As OF has demonstrated, nobody is forcing you to stand there. If you prefer not to be out in the sun, tickets are available in all other parts of the ground.

Where did I say anybody was?


Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great times on the Western Terrace, leaning against a Stantion, shades on, beer in right hand, sun cream in left...danger of sunburn from the setting sun, it's like the beach in Malibu....

Lots of HKR people in the North Stand concourse on Friday, big queues at the bars...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, East of the Moon said:

Lots of HKR people in the North Stand concourse on Friday, big queues at the bars... 

For some reason the western terrace bars weren't open on Friday - not sure if that's going to be the plan going forward but I can't see any reason why they would make that change.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why M j M...possibly because of the cricket just before Friday, staff numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You can hardly compare Headingley to dumps like Belle Vue and Wheldon Road. 

At Leeds it’s from £30 to sit and £24 to stand. When the standards on the pitch are back up to scratch that will be good value in what is the best stadium in Super League.

Yes but how expensive are the pies?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Will be wandering over next Sunday to see our usual defeat there and thought we might sit in one of the shiny new stands. Then I went on the Leeds website and thought perhaps we won't.

£32 to sit in the North or South Stands or £36 to sit in the East stand behind the posts. 😮

It says on the website if you buy tickets in advance you receive a £3 discount on match day admission so, as we're a week away, does that mean it's £35 and £39 respectively on the day?

I went through the motions of buying tickets to see if the discount was applied during that process making the seats £29 and £33 but it didn't seem to happen unless it happens when you hit "click to buy" but I wasn't risking that.

Padded seats on halfway at the KCOM are £25 which seem summat of a bargain compared to those prices.

Please let's not have any Leeds fans suggesting you get what you pay for as this clearly won't wash this season.

Any other clubs near those prices?

sitting with the squaresi in W7, no thanks, it might be cheaper than sitting in East without padded seats (why is that?) and same as South stand again without padded seats but it's a sterile part of the stadium from personal experience. they must be desperate to fill that section?

But yeah, those prices are shocking, however if you buy through the club they get 25% of the sale price, if you book through Leeds FC get nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, M j M said:

As OF has demonstrated, nobody is forcing you to stand there. If you prefer not to be out in the sun, tickets are available in all other parts of the ground.

The Western Terrace is always Ullman's preferred choice of where to watch the game from and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the pricing...*cough*

As for us being "out in the sun", that will be a first in quite some time for Hull fans at Headingley. It nearly always chucks it down when we're there.

  • Like 1

         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2019 at 08:08, Old Frightful said:

Please let's not have any Leeds fans suggesting you get what you pay for as this clearly won't wash this season.

Realistically Leeds is such a large city they can get away with charging more because of a larger pull of fans, a little bit naughty but every club charges the most they can get away with.

It also helps being the most successful club in a generation with the majority of tickets in brand new modern facilities.

Prices are also defined pre season, when it was expected they would be challenging for the playoffs.....

Spent a few weeks getting nose bleeds in 3rd OF and you're getting all cocky looking down at the relegation fodder!

Isn't the KCOM a council house? I guess most fans will feel right at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Spent a few weeks getting nose bleeds in 3rd OF and you're getting all cocky looking down at the relegation fodder!

Isn't the KCOM a council house? I guess most fans will feel right at home.

Oh dear.

No need really, I'm the last person on here who might feel cocky about Hull FC being third. Hull fans can hardly be smug when we're not sure whether we'll win or ship in sixty odd.

And as for the council house remark?, well that's just pathetic.

  • Like 1

         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Oh dear.

No need really, I'm the last person on here who might feel cocky about Hull FC being third. Hull fans can hardly be smug when we're not sure whether we'll win or ship in sixty odd.

And as for the council house remark?, well that's just pathetic.

So is being so tight fisted you start a thread to complain about ticket prices being more than you pay at the council house you call home.

Whilst Leeds have not delivered on field this year, they had good intentions for delivering to their fans by spending big bringing in marquee players. Hull didn't.

The fans pay for such expenditure. It has been a common theme from Hull supporters for quite some time to moan that little is invested in their squad.

Maybe write to Adam Pearson and ask him to increase ticket prices so you can compete with larger clubs spending power.

Alternatively dust off the wallet, come and enjoy the new facilities, watch your high flying birds give the not so mighty Leeds a likely drubbing and stop moaning that it's cost you an extra fiver!

If I'd guess, you'll be driving over the M62 at 56mph because that is your cars optimum fuel economy and to hell with everyone else on the road!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

So is being so tight fisted you start a thread to complain about ticket prices being more than you pay at the council house you call home.

Whilst Leeds have not delivered on field this year, they had good intentions for delivering to their fans by spending big bringing in marquee players. Hull didn't.

The fans pay for such expenditure. It has been a common theme from Hull supporters for quite some time to moan that little is invested in their squad.

Maybe write to Adam Pearson and ask him to increase ticket prices so you can compete with larger clubs spending power.

Alternatively dust off the wallet, come and enjoy the new facilities, watch your high flying birds give the not so mighty Leeds a likely drubbing and stop moaning that it's cost you an extra fiver!

If I'd guess, you'll be driving over the M62 at 56mph because that is your cars optimum fuel economy and to hell with everyone else on the road!

We're going on train.

  • Haha 2

         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a time in the 90s Hull fans used to invade the south stand on masse .that was before Leeds attendances pushed up to 21st century levels 

 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...