Toronto Wolfpack v Leigh Centurions KO 6pm

Sunday 8th September :

All KO 3pm

Barrow Raiders v Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings

Halifax RLFC v York City Knights

Rochdale Hornets v Bradford Bulls RLFC

Swintoin Lions v Sheffield Eagles

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Featherstone Rovers 34 v 22 Toulouse Olympique XIII 

Toronto Wolfpack 28 v 16 Leigh Centurions 

Barrow Raiders 16 v 22 Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams 15 v 36 Widnes Vikings

Halifax RLFC 16 v 18 York City Knights

Rochdale Hornets 8 v 38 Bradford Bulls RLFC

Swintoin Lions 26 v 24 Sheffield Eagles

• John Drake changed the title to 7-8 Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread
  • John Drake pinned this topic
8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Nobody tipping Leigh ? , Strange ?

I consider 5th place for us Gubby, I fancy Fev to beat Tolouse, still had you given that me 5th last Oct I would have grasped it immediately, the season has been good albeit I would say it was better for the first 2/3rds than the last portion, I think that the inclusion of some of the newbies has disrupted the teams attitude and application.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I consider 5th place for us Gubby, I fancy Fev to beat Tolouse, still had you given that me 5th last Oct I would have grasped it immediately, the season has been good albeit I would say it was better for the first 2/3rds than the last portion, I think that the inclusion of some of the newbies has disrupted the teams attitude and application.

Depends on what Fev team turns up. 

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

All games should really take place on Sunday. I think this will be the weekend where York clinch second spot.

Well you know why two games are played on Saturday! 

Wonder what will happen next season with the fixtures should Toronto gain promotion, I somehow don't think the SL will be as flexible as the Championship divisions have been.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well you know why two games are played on Saturday! 

Wonder what will happen next season with the fixtures should Toronto gain promotion, I somehow don't think the SL will be as flexible as the Championship divisions have been.

You're right and visa issue's and block matches will miraculously be solved! 

24 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

All games should really take place on Sunday. I think this will be the weekend where York clinch second spot.

York have had a great season regardless of the final outcome, nice to see Salford in the mix as well. SL is so boring and predictable most of the time. 

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh squad has been announced, it is much stronger than I expected it to be, initially I was not to bothered with the team I was half expecting to be sent over that it was not being televised, now that the squad has been announced I would like to have had the opportunity to see it.

I'll fill ya in when I get back from the game Harry.....Leigh must fall!

On 05/09/2019 at 05:42, Old Frightful said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship games here :

Saturday 7th Sept

Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique XIII KO 3pm

Toronto Wolfpack v Leigh Centurions KO 6pm

Sunday 8th September :

All KO 3pm

Barrow Raiders v Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams v Widnes Vikings

Halifax RLFC v York City Knights

Rochdale Hornets v Bradford Bulls RLFC

Swintoin Lions v Sheffield Eagles

Featherstone Rovers

Toronto Wolfpack

Barrow Raiders 

Dewsbury Ram

York City Knights

Bradford Bulls RLFC

Sheffield Eagles

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

7 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

York have had a great season regardless of the final outcome, nice to see Salford in the mix as well. SL is so boring and predictable most of the time. 

York deserve all the plaudits they are getting. Great club.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Still, slightly on topic... A couple of seasons ago the lower two divisions were playing 3 points for a win, 2 points for a draw, and 1 point if you lost by 12 points or fewer. Now I have done some calculations and if we had that this season the table would look like this...

Toronto 75 points

Toulouse 63

Leigh 59

Featherstone 58

York 58 (pts diff)

Bradford 52

With 1 game to go

I’m not normally confident in close games but I think Fev will beat Toulouse and come in 4th. 

Ive stopped tipping against York even though fordy’s been on the ###### for 2 weeks, so think they’ll come in second. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that whoever wins the 4th v 5th game will play Toronto in the final.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I’m not normally confident in close games but I think Fev will beat Toulouse and come in 4th. 

Ive stopped tipping against York even though fordy’s been on the ###### for 2 weeks, so think they’ll come in second. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that whoever wins the 4th v 5th game will play Toronto in the final.

That 4th v 5th whichever way around will most likely be Leigh and Fev, big ask for either of these two to go all the way, quite a few part timers in both teams requireing time of work.

Archived