Sign in to follow this  
Henson Park Old Firm

2020 Kits/Sponsors

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The reason I don’t want to buy a Saints shirt is the sponsor, I would love one if it had a different company on the front. I wouldn’t have an issue with any of the other 11 SL sponsors. Not sure what it is that you find so hard to understand about that. 

I’m just saying that if you looked deeply into anything you could find a reason not to buy anything. Just curious though, were you okay with Crabbies sponsoring Saints?

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The reason I don’t want to buy a Saints shirt is the sponsor, I would love one if it had a different company on the front. I wouldn’t have an issue with any of the other 11 SL sponsors. Not sure what it is that you find so hard to understand about that. 

Lots of sports clubs do similar. I own a sponsor free Celtic shirt for example (not for political reasons I just think it looks nicer). Kids shirts aren't allowed to have bookies on either which is why football and rugby clubs either have alternative sponsors or none at all for kids sized shirts. 

28 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m just saying that if you looked deeply into anything you could find a reason not to buy anything. Just curious though, were you okay with Crabbies sponsoring Saints?

Yes. Terrible drink but why wouldn’t it be ok as a sponsor? 

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Lots of sports clubs do similar. I own a sponsor free Celtic shirt for example (not for political reasons I just think it looks nicer). Kids shirts aren't allowed to have bookies on either which is why football and rugby clubs either have alternative sponsors or none at all for kids sized shirts. 

Agreed, it’s a good idea. I bought my kids Norwich shirts last season because they had a local Trampoline company on them, I never would have done with the gambling firm that adults shirts on. Incidentally I don’t have a problem with gambling, I enjoy a bet myself, I just don’t want to walk around advertising a gambling firm and especially don’t want my kids to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Yes. Terrible drink but why wouldn’t it be ok as a sponsor? 

Because alcohol related deaths in St Helens (in 2016 - the last figures I could find) was higher than the average for the north west and country and in Feb ‘19, the number of alcohol related admissions to hospital rose by 35%. When you consider this and the stories from around October/November in the Mirror (regardless of people’s opinions on them as a publication) about St Helens being factually the “suicide capital” of the UK, of which alcohol is likely to be a crutch for people suffering from mental health issues, the town’s major sporting side being sponsored by alcohol companies isn’t exactly a good look. 

Granted, I get your point about Cash Converters and was no way defending them, they’re hardly squeaky clean as an industry themselves but I don’t see how you can castigate Cash Converters and totally misunderstand why an alcohol brand would be any better for a club to have as a sponsor. 

21 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Because alcohol related deaths in St Helens (in 2016 - the last figures I could find) was higher than the average for the north west and country and in Feb ‘19, the number of alcohol related admissions to hospital rose by 35%. When you consider this and the stories from around October/November in the Mirror (regardless of people’s opinions on them as a publication) about St Helens being factually the “suicide capital” of the UK, of which alcohol is likely to be a crutch for people suffering from mental health issues, the town’s major sporting side being sponsored by alcohol companies isn’t exactly a good look. 

Granted, I get your point about Cash Converters and was no way defending them, they’re hardly squeaky clean as an industry themselves but I don’t see how you can castigate Cash Converters and totally misunderstand why an alcohol brand would be any better for a club to have as a sponsor. 

Each to their own, obviously a matter of opinion. 

22 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

At the end of the day clubs have to make money and there are o oh a limited number of options for short sponsors these days unfortunately. Look at betting sponsors in football. 

There are lots of town like St Helens with high Suicide rates in men and alcohol related deaths because there is nothing to do. Rugby and football clubs do a lot of good work in the community but there is only so much they can do on their own 

5 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

At the end of the day clubs have to make money and there are o oh a limited number of options for short sponsors these days unfortunately. Look at betting sponsors in football. 

There are lots of town like St Helens with high Suicide rates in men and alcohol related deaths because there is nothing to do. Rugby and football clubs do a lot of good work in the community but there is only so much they can do on their own 

Oh, I know. In an ideal world, I would like the club to have two local charities across its chest but that’s not going to bring any money in, is it? 

I still think that regardless of how much money there is offered, clubs should be shying away from certain industries. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2020 at 19:03, Chrispmartha said:

Do you want me to do a specific mockup? - passes the time in lockdown!

Could you do some workington town mock ups please. Would be interesting to see

33 minutes ago, Spike said:

Could you do some workington town mock ups please. Would be interesting to see

No problem I’m going to do some championship clubs in the next few days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Looking forward to seeing them. 

13 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

A nice Wigan home shirt would be good,haven't had one for a few years now.

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

A nice Wigan home shirt would be good,haven't had one for a few years now.

On my list to do today, as with Hull FC, not sure whether to go retro or classic

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

On my list to do today, as with Hull FC, not sure whether to go retro or classic

One of each,my 2 favourites

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

That's a great looking badge, but should of course be XIII rather than XII...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Wigan Kit.jpg

Always like the blue Wigan away strips. They were synonymous with Wigan while I was growing up. 

I like how your designs have a variation on a theme for the away strip, as opposed to a completely different design. It's one of my pet peevs when it comes to away kits that they look completely different from the home kit. Much prefer similar designs but with different colour schemes. This year's Hull KR home and away kits have different style collars - that irritates me!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I like how your designs have a variation on a theme for the away strip, as opposed to a completely different design. It's one of my pet peevs when it comes to away kits that they look completely different from the home kit. Much prefer similar designs but with different colour schemes. This year's Hull KR home and away kits have different style collars - that irritates me!

Exactly! Ive done that on purpose, Iike you I've always liked to see the same style but in different colours for the away kit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Wigan Kit.jpg

if wigan dont want that can we change the white socks to blue and have that as the england kit? a homage to the old Northern Union shirt and would be fab!

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Going against what Ive just said though...

Hull FC .jpg

only problem is that by doing that you create the need for a 3rd kit if they are changing due to a clash of black.. like the idea though.