Total Rugby League Fans Forum
John Drake

Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

6 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Is that a fact or another Rose tinted view from a Fev fan? And the crowd was 1800. Where is the thousands of Fev fans?

More to the point - where are the thousands of HOME fans? 

Fev have played some fantastic rugby in these playoffs and will no doubt  put in another big effort this week but I think TWP will be to strong for them playing at home and with the extra week off.

TWP 22-12 Fev 

• Like 1

Just now, MADREDNIGE said:

More to the point - where are the thousands of HOME fans? 

Theres been a few issues at Fax recently,t hat has alienated the Club and fans. Also Fax are not going for SL thankfully. On and off the field, they are like Fev and most of the Championship-nowhere near really for SL. I dont want Fax or Fev in SL,as they currently are and neither should SL,as neither are in good share off the field and offer nothing to the SL Comp. Thats one of the Main reasons I want Toronto to win and hopefully Toulouse next year.

The way Fev battered Toulouse in the play offs shows on field they are nowhere near SL either. Great performance by Fev but if Toulouse have SL ambitions that team was nowhere near the standard required.

42 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Theres been a few issues at Fax recently,t hat has alienated the Club and fans. Also Fax are not going for SL thankfully. On and off the field, they are like Fev and most of the Championship-nowhere near really for SL. I dont want Fax or Fev in SL,as they currently are and neither should SL,as neither are in good share off the field and offer nothing to the SL Comp. Thats one of the Main reasons I want Toronto to win and hopefully Toulouse next year.

So what's the point in having the Championship? Just fast track Toronto, Tolouse and London, close the door and let everyone else rot! 

48 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Fev have played some fantastic rugby in these playoffs and will no doubt  put in another big effort this week but I think TWP will be to strong for them playing at home and with the extra week off.

TWP 22-12 Fev 

Toronto have home advantage, a week off, full time and are an excellent team as proved from coming first. Fev on the other hand are part time are having a quick turnaround after beating Tolouse and have to fly to Canada, this should on paper be a no contest but its not played on paper and we all know what can and does happen in sport. Head Toronto heart Fev, but whatever happens Fev have done themselves proud from 5th.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Great summary.

My heart wants us to win, my head says giving them a good game with everyone enjoying the, and having a safe, trip will be the best I can hope for....

Bag's packed, match ticket safely stowed, looking forward to it!

Glory Hunter!!ūü§£

• Like 2

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

28 - 12 Toronto. Sadly. They have too much in their 1-5 so their exit and last plays will just be too good. If Fev kick magnificently and get a great start though... woof, game on! 

Biggest challenge is finding a London pub with sound. 

13 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

28 - 12 Toronto. Sadly. They have too much in their 1-5 so their exit and last plays will just be too good. If Fev kick magnificently and get a great start though... woof, game on! 

Biggest challenge is finding a London pub with sound. 

So you can feel the ' atmosphere ' ?

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Anyone know of anywhere showing the match in Manchester this weekend?  The wife and I would love to watch it with some vocal supporters of each team!

Should be plenty of Toronto fans around, as the team is based in Manchester.

8 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Should be plenty of Toronto fans around, as the team is based in Manchester.

YA..THAT IS WHY THE CO CAPTAIN SIMMS IS MOVING TO TORONTO ON A PERMANENT BASIS WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY...quit spreading false news googler!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

By the way if you spot the fat ginger Fev fan in the stand that's Robin Evans off this board 

"Good afternoon, Squire. You look very ginger and also fat. Are you perchance Robin Evans off the message board? No? Oh my apologies, it must be another fat ginger Fev fan I'm looking for."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Loup said:

"Good afternoon, Squire. You look very ginger and also fat. Are you perchance Robin Evans off the message board? No? Oh my apologies, it must be another fat ginger Fev fan I'm looking for."

what could go wrong?

by chance have you guys heard these kids sing...so good. surprised they knew all the words.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sadly it seems some of the travelling Fev fans have run into difficulty due to cancelled flights, and are currently stuck in Iceland. They're being advised they won't get a flight until 5pm tomorrow, which obviously means they'll miss the game. Sadly these things can happen, though I'd be gutted if I was in their shoes. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, northamptoncougar said:

I Heard 400 flat cappers were making the trip, does anyone know if that’s true?

I’d love to see that in the crowd, they’ll take the atmosphere to a level not seen before.

I’ve heard 400-500 but it looks like a fair amount are stuck in Iceland due to cancelled flights and there are no more flights available until after the game. Imagine spending thousands to follow a semi professional team and across continents and that happening.

8 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I’ve heard 400-500 but it looks like a fair amount are stuck in Iceland due to cancelled flights and there are no more flights available until after the game. Imagine spending thousands to follow a semi professional team and across continents and that happening.

that sucks!

Was it Air Transat flights? mechanical failures or what?

51 minutes ago, fevtom said:

That sucks to be honest. Life's a ##### sometimes. It's not helped by the fact that having to book a ticket across the Atlantic at short notice your options are very limited. I've learnt, after many years of travelling, to always go a day early and fly direct, it's less stressful in the long run but I can truly appreciate the difficulty in having less than a week to book. Not nice for them....plus the beer in Iceland is phenomenally expensive whilst they wait for the onward flight. 

One sliver lining though...because Featherstone, or more accurately Reykjavik airport, is still in the EU then they can claim ‚ā¨600 in compensation for the delayed flight.¬†

Edited by kiggy

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

that sucks!

Was it Air Transat flights? mechanical failures or what?

It was the Icelandair flight which has the stopover in Reykjavik. Air Transat Man to YYZ arrived on time. It's due to extreme weather conditions, a lot of other flights have been cancelled out of Keflavik airport.

Edited by Loup