18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

Just now, Hughsehhh said:

Haha, the new Zealand wings just runs past our prop who happens to an defending on the wing

And then our attack sees us giving it to Hall who is like a prop playing on the wing.

This boys club selection bias of England RL isnt a great thing.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hullfan said:

Just shows ya why Austin wasn't wanted in NRL. Been shown up big style here by NZ 

Certainly does.

I had no idea the NRL was a full time Nines competition though, there was an awful lot of players on the pitch during the Grand Final.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Hullfan said:

Just shows ya why Austin wasn't wanted in NRL. Been shown up big style here by NZ 

What is it with Hull fans and Austin?

There is plenty more to pick at there before Austin's performances.

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Am I being naive about 9s?

Why are Watts, Burgess and Graham playing? 

Surely we put the quickest / fittest backs only in a 9s team? 

Dont forget Sutton. And the original selection had another forward (Hughes) in instead of Austin.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Oi!

Leave me out of it, I was taking the p*ss.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Exactly. Too many dropped balls and uncompleted sets by the team as a whole. Not the right selection for Nines.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Northern Eel said:

The way we set up in this comp is just an indication of the level of importance placed on it. (as a warmup to the Lions tour) Shame, as the competition is great and needs developing further. 

We were schooled by players who have far more experience of this format of the game. 

We were schooled by schoolboys a few hours earlier.

I think the Wigan side that won the Middlesex Sevens in 1996 would have faired better than England in this comp.

With two less players.

Archived