Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kayakman

Argyle Intends To Bring Back Integrity To The Game

Recommended Posts

Well RL and SL have really done it now...I tried to warn everyone not to make Argyle mad.....they just couldn't listen to some common sense for a change...well Argyle is on the scene now and he intends to bring 'transparency' into the finances of the game and make some other much needed changes.

This is it!...the watershed moment for RL!...are we willing to follow the lead of Argyle and change the game and move it to new heights....OR...do we continue the slow decay and sad demise into oblivion?

Do we stand up NOW or do we bow down LIKE ALWAYS?

I'm with Argyle and the Wolfpack!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sbw-coup-just-tip-of-iceberg-for-rugbydisrupters21-20191106-p5381q.html?fbclid=IwAR2ZblkKggFQPYU0RkDIoDxndNo9Ut_NzY3V7YmozTPEP7aYgMZDrrOOvso

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you expect the owners and management of traditional teams with their away-fan-dependent, poor-relation-to-other-sports mentality to be able to a) understand, b) see the value in and c) implement the kind of things the Wolfpack can do with Argyle's money and the professional, businesslike management which they have in place under Bob Hunter then I suggest that you're sadly mistaken.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

If you expect the owners and management of traditional teams with their away-fan-dependent, poor-relation-to-other-sports mentality to be able to a) understand, b) see the value in and c) implement the kind of things the Wolfpack can do with Argyle's money and the professional, businesslike management which they have in place under Bob Hunter then I suggest that you're sadly mistaken.

Then they will have to be taught the hard way...they will learn one way or another...but make no doubt, the lesson will be taught and the pupils will learn.

The insight of some of the SL Old Guard have the depth and clarity of a mud puddle after a recent storm....but don't worry...we are coming to correct that...they have finally tangled with someone they can't bully.

Its going to happen no matter how much it costs...take it to the bank!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

If you expect the owners and management of traditional teams with their away-fan-dependent, poor-relation-to-other-sports mentality to be able to a) understand, b) see the value in and c) implement the kind of things the Wolfpack can do with Argyle's money and the professional, businesslike management which they have in place under Bob Hunter then I suggest that you're sadly mistaken.

Are you creating value for the sport? Or creating the sport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SL17 said:

Are you creating value for the sport? Or creating the sport?

Both...all with a dash of fiscal integrity and a dollop of transparency (finally).

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Then they will have to be taught the hard way...they will learn one way or another...but make no doubt, the lesson will be taught and the pupils will learn.

The insight of some of the SL Old Guard have the depth and clarity of a mud puddle after a recent storm....but don't worry...we are coming to correct that...they have finally tangled with someone they can't bully.

Its going to happen no matter how much it costs...take it to the bank!

Look there’s nothing happening other than a second rower who will never play center again.

Take that to the bank.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Both...all with a dash of fiscal integrity and a dollop of transparency (finally).

You don’t have both.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Look there’s nothing happening other than a second rower who will never play center again.

Take that to the bank.

Sonny Bill is going to make an impact like a meteor hitting the moon.....

8 minutes ago, SL17 said:

You don’t have both.

We have way more than that...way more.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's of no surprise that League is  in a bad way in the UK  if some of the comments on this board are anything to go by.For our game to survive  things have to change.We now have that chance so lets hope the powers that be  grab the chance and let our game flourish,which it should have done years ago.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frank said:

It's of no surprise that League is  in a bad way in the UK  if some of the comments on this board are anything to go by.For our game to survive  things have to change.We now have that chance so lets hope the powers that be  grab the chance and let our game flourish,which it should have done years ago.

👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frank said:

It's of no surprise that League is  in a bad way in the UK  if some of the comments on this board are anything to go by.For our game to survive  things have to change.We now have that chance so lets hope the powers that be  grab the chance and let our game flourish,which it should have done years ago.

Frank it’s a different swank..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

but I think they need to wind back the arrogance significantly.

Is that what moving the sport on is called now?

 

 

 

21

  • Like 1

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Is that what moving the sport on is called now?

 

 

 

21

Which parts of that article showed they would move the sport on?

There are literally two things in that article.

Firstly, they want transparency over where the central funding they arent getting is going - it's going to the clubs. Our clubs re far more transparent with their financial records and community activity than TWP.

Secondly, he wants the RFL to have a word with the Home Office. A fair enough ask and the governing body should crack on with that, but that isnt a game changer at all.

So what are we getting excited about here? All the SBW stuff was announced last week.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Ian 'The Gritty' a former player who went to the dark side? Sounds tough enough at least! If so we want him back, all is forgiven son.


My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the "in your face" stuff. I think we need more of it in the sport. We're "too respectful" in some ways. The hype that surrounds some sports matches, especially boxing, brings out the less casual watchers.

  • Like 2

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many will welcome Argyle shaking the RL tree and he is cleverly tapping into the supporters dissatisfaction with the sport's administrators but I just wish he would use the word "League" then I might feel a bit more comfortable with where he is taking this.

( Also from the Herald;  Argyle  annoyed some South Pacific delegates at an International Rugby League congress in York last year by continually referring to “rugby” and refusing to say “league”.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Firstly, they want transparency over where the central funding they arent getting is going - it's going to the clubs. Our clubs re far more transparent with their financial records and community activity than TWP.

Plenty of hyperbole around the Wolfpack article (and other stuff). But I like the message... accountability throughout the game. I don't think any of us would argue against that message.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand I like to think Brian Noble (with his long struggle to promote League) would n't have anything to do with it if he suspected a hidden agenda that was n't for the good of the game. So hopefully there are no Trojan horses involved.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Plenty of hyperbole around the Wolfpack article (and other stuff). But I like the message... accountability throughout the game. I don't think any of us would argue against that message.

It depends on what we mean by accountability. Too often people just call for people to be sacked when there are empty seats at a game for example, when that isnt how businesses work. 

I'm all for transparency, but tbh the annual review is quite good and gives plenty details, it is more about the special things that can be missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temporarily locked until I can moderate.


“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. ENOUGH OF THE HATE-FILLED ANTI-TORONTO STUFF BASED ON NOTHING BUT YOUR JEALOUSY.  We don't mind critical posts but we do mind hate-filled ones. Why not go find a UKIP forum somewhere to spout your anti-foreigner bile.

2. This forum is provided free of charge by a publishing house that makes its money via copyrighted materials. We don't approve in any way of you breaching the copyright of other sources simply because you don't want to pay for it, or have used more than the free quantity they give you.  Please don't.

3. And, Toronto/Canadian rugby fans... why not try to be nice about things, some of your posting is right on the edge of trolling. I sometimes let posters be fed to the angry folk when they bring it on themselves.

4. For our newer posters. Post-season is always when the forum gets bored and tempers fray.  If you find yourself getting angry for no good reason, go out, sit in the rain and get tiny bits of vitamin D that has two benefits, first you'll feel grateful to be back in and second you'll be off the forum for a while.

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ckn said:

2. This forum is provided free of charge by a publishing house that makes its money via copyrighted materials. We don't approve in any way of you breaching the copyright of other sources simply because you don't want to pay for it, or have used more than the free quantity they give you.  Please don't.

 

I assume this was directed at me?

I understand, but for the record, I've seen and read posts that have done exactly that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

I assume this was directed at me?

I understand, but for the record, I've seen and read posts that have done exactly that.

If we see them, they get binned.  Also, we don't mind fair use such as a paragraph or three depending on the size of the article.

  • Like 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...