Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

Kruise Leeming

Recommended Posts

For who? 
 

EDIT: Just seen the tag.   Have to feel sorry for Brad Dwyer - he just can’t seem to get a guaranteed hooking role anywhere.   He’s very decent and seemed to be one of Leeds’ better players last year.

Edited by Cheshire Setter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how to feel, really happy with Leeming but dont really want to lose Trout. If it was the only way to get the deal done, then its probably a good deal for both clubs.

We get an exciting young 9 with loads of natural ability, who strengthens our first 17 straight away and dosnt use any quota places.

Giants get a big, young England academy second row to add to there impressive group of young players, for a player who wanted out. Think they got some cash aswel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Not sure how to feel, really happy with Leeming but dont really want to lose Trout. If it was the only way to get the deal done, then its probably a good deal for both clubs.

We get an exciting young 9 with loads of natural ability, who strengthens our first 17 straight away and dosnt use any quota places.

Giants get a big, young England academy second row to add to there impressive group of young players, for a player who wanted out. Think they got some cash aswel.

Similarly, as much as I’d be keen to get Leeming, I’d be gutted to lose Trout who i thinks got immense potential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

For who? 
 

EDIT: Just seen the tag.   Have to feel sorry for Brad Dwyer - he just can’t seem to get a guaranteed hooking role anywhere.   He’s very decent and seemed to be one of Leeds’ better players last year.

I'd love to take Dwyer to Hull. We've not had a recognised replacement hooker since Heremaia. Playing Houghton 80 mins a week effects him and the team

Edited by Hullfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allowing Trout to go the other way seems like Leeds were backed into a corner and Huddersfield wouldn't accept any of the other offers placed on the table. We urgently needed a British hooker (Dwyer is totally unsuited to being a starting hooker - he is suited to what was the Rob Burrow role off the bench) but letting a player who seemed to have great potential go seems foolhardy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huddersfield certainly getting the better deal on this one!

As someone said earlier they’re amassing a very talented young group of players through their Academy and adding Trout to them is very shrewd.

I Senior, L Senior, S Hewitt, JL Kirby, D Young, J Wardle, O Russell and O Trout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Huddersfield certainly getting the better deal on this one!

As someone said earlier they’re amassing a very talented young group of players through their Academy and adding Trout to them is very shrewd.

I Senior, L Senior, S Hewitt, JL Kirby, D Young, J Wardle, O Russell and O Trout

Not sure selling arguably their best player is shrewd with an automatic relegation spot from Super League...

Edited by Man of Kent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Lemmings good but not their best player

Agreed. He'll lead them over a cliff to the inevitable drop. 🙂

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although gutted to be losing Leeming, if a player wants out then you either get the best deal you can for them or let them fizzle away behind the scenes.

No one player is bigger than the club, but as noted in the Seb topic, Woolford is defining the squad in to how he wants it and is planning for a couple of years in the future with the crop of youngsters that are currently at the club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I like Leeming. I think he could get representative honours.

Although Leeds seem odd - all this when they had Parcell who is very decent anyway.

 

Not good enough to justify a quota spot though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting deal if it goes ahead. Leeming looks a decent player and fills an obvious need for leeds 

Trout has looked a great prospect at age group level but has struggled hugely when playing open age. Leeds are stacked in the 2nd row at the moment and have Walters coming through who looks a real talent. Trout is 20 and probably needs more game time than leeds would give him, always disappointing to see a young player leave but probably the best for both parties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to Leeming. Kruise's control needs improvement at times, as he gives too many penalties away. Adam O'Brien had the main hooker role last season, so it is understandable that Kruise wanted a change.

Another young player for the Fartown squad in trout. Somefin of a pattern emerging..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...