John Drake

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Then obviously McCrone

Cert for The Roosters I’d think . 

Been easy money up to now,maybe they dont need to put much effort in if they stay,in championship.

• Confused 1

Surely a man with such creativity and vision as Josh McCrone will land somewhere (please not Newcastle or Ottawa!).

• Haha 1

On 31/07/2020 at 18:04, EastLondonMike said:

I'm surprised more NRL clubs, especially those like the Warriors who have been under pressure in terms of their squad availability, haven't looked to SL for some short term fixes.

Maybe TW players are more attractive due to their availability for the rest of the season, and obviously the ones who have NRL experience.

Though cant really seeing anyone other than Leutele getting a run.

Outside of the Warriors needs, most clubs will have their full allowance of individual players in a squad. Roosters need to release a player to fit in SBW.  Not to mention most clubs will be paying almost to the capacity of their cap already.

On 31/07/2020 at 11:10, Lowdesert said:

Leutele will go.  An odd one to SL and the rest to the Champs and L1.

If there is something to play for in the Championship other than a waste of time and effort tournament then yes I would agree, but they aint so no point in signing more player's, if SL clubs were trying to avoid relegation then maybe, they would take  tge odd one or two,  and even the TWP players who have lost everygame this season would have no point playing for a L1 club other than to keep on the rightside of fitness. So apart from some going 'home' downunder, the conditions will not make clubs deperate to improve their playing roster.

23 hours ago, DavidM said:

Cert for The Roosters I’d think . 

He is not first grade standard. I assume (hope) you were being sarcastic 😄

Edited by Scubby
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

He is not first grade standard. I assume (hope) you were being sarcastic 😄

Sarcastic , moi ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If there is something to play for in the Championship other than a waste of time and effort tournament then yes I would agree, but they aint so no point in signing more player's, if SL clubs were trying to avoid relegation then maybe, they would take  tge odd one or two,  and even the TWP players who have lost everygame this season would have no point playing for a L1 club other than to keep on the rightside of fitness. So apart from some going 'home' downunder, the conditions will not make clubs deperate to improve their playing roster.

Crikey Harry, how many threads do you intend playing this violin on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

47 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Crikey Harry, how many threads do you intend playing this violin on?

As many as it takes johnny, but I have not mentioned sidelined TWP player's and going to other clubs previously have I.

Edit, yes I did say in passing if the Championship was still playing for promotion there would be more chance of TWP player's joining other clubs.

Edited by Harry Stottle

8 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Josh McCrone - NRL? No chance.

Makes me look fast!

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If it's a waste of time and effort tournament then why haven't Leigh pulled out of it yet?

Edited by Whippet13

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

If it's a waste of time and effort tournament then why haven't Leigh pulled out of it yet?

Now that’s a question? There will come a point where as with all clubs the Season Ticket will be questioned. 

So let’s see how many will leave it there and support their clubs.

Clubs could have gone on board with using that money to promote the game with live streaming.

But have chose to bow down.

If the Championship and L1 can’t start next season, where is your funding coming from?

Testing..Shove it. Close the pubs so children can go to school. That’s the answer. 
Wasn't an answer four months ago but now the bell is ringing.

Edited by SL17

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-blocked-ricky-leuteles-storm-move-as-sbw-welcomed-back-with-open-arms/news-story/3e584137ab27a6fe24deb75ab1897ca8

Leuteles move being blocked by NRL according to the above article. 

“The way he’s been treated is a bloody disgrace,” says his agent Sam Ayoub, “They’ve got three kids under the age of six. They’re getting out of the house. No car. No wages since May.

“The club is supposed to pay for his airfares to get home. It’s not happening. Ricky is up for the costs himself. And now we’ve got the NRL trying to stop him from playing.”

Your columnist spoke to Leutele in the north of England over the weekend.

“I just want to come home,” he said, “We’re packing the house up now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-blocked-ricky-leuteles-storm-move-as-sbw-welcomed-back-with-open-arms/news-story/3e584137ab27a6fe24deb75ab1897ca8

Leuteles move being blocked by NRL according to the above article. 

“The way he’s been treated is a bloody disgrace,” says his agent Sam Ayoub, “They’ve got three kids under the age of six. They’re getting out of the house. No car. No wages since May.

“The club is supposed to pay for his airfares to get home. It’s not happening. Ricky is up for the costs himself. And now we’ve got the NRL trying to stop him from playing.”

Your columnist spoke to Leutele in the north of England over the weekend.

“I just want to come home,” he said, “We’re packing the house up now.

Ricky has been on good money for years and can afford to pay rent and buy his own car. On that account, put your violins away. Of course the club should pay him what he's owed, but Ricky and his three kids under six aren't living on bread and dripping.

He's leaving because his visa has expired and he has only a short extension. He's also leaving because he's likely to get a spot with the Storm.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loup said:

He's leaving because his visa has expired and he has only a short extension. He's also leaving because he's likely to get a spot with the Storm.

No, Loup, he’s leaving because the ‘Toronto’ Wolfpack is a s**tshow.

• Like 1

Got to feel for the players. Its crapola for the brit based players, but bug ger me, Leutele has hacked his young family across the world to find himself up sh it creek.

This is a sorry state of affairs. At therisk of incurring JD's moderation, I really hope Toronto aren't allowed back unless there is a change of owner and proof of meeting contracts payments is provided. 

Player welfare should be at the top of the list of priorities 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1