coronavirus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

As a chilling thought our local hospital had it's first death from Covid-19 on the 26th of march, yesterday it reported it's ninth! Seven days isn't a long time for those sort of figures to accumulate. Go on, look up your local hospitals figures to frighten yourself☹️

Yes, our local hospital had its 11th death overnight.  They've jumped up over the last week.

4 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Yes, our local hospital had its 11th death overnight.  They've jumped up over the last week.

If that’s Liverpool, there’s apparently a strong connection with the Liverpool Champions League game that went ahead.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If you read the thread he called it out on 10th March.....

Yup. But it suits some people, say those who were calling it just a cold back then, to pretend that no one could possibly have predicted anything.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

So says this bloke

Is that why we have a spike in the Midland's too

My point being show the real cause and effect... maybe connected but I guess if you want to make a political point then use it as the only reason why it happened....... 

tell me if any other difference in demographic of other visitors, or any other events/activities/holiday travel return differences as well.....

BTW, it would be our CMO/CSO and Sage expert community that would be part to blame as well...

so why not point fingers not too make political bias point but also to those whom play a part in decisions, oh not forgetting the clubs as well.... but then that wouldn't be political advantage

5 minutes ago, redjonn said:

My point being show the real cause and effect... maybe connected but I guess if you want to make a political point then use it as the only reason why it happened....... 

tell me if any other difference in demographic of other visitors, or any other events/activities/holiday travel return differences as well.....

BTW, it would be our CMO/CSO and Sage expert community that would be part to blame as well...

so why not point fingers not too make political bias point but also to those whom play a part in decisions, oh not forgetting the clubs as well.... but then that wouldn't be political advantage

Yes, we have all had enough of experts with their expertise.

11 minutes ago, redjonn said:

An investigation in Iceland suggests that 7 of that country's cases originated from the same football match in England  https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/iceland-scientists-found-40-mutations-of-the-coronavirus-report-says/

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

It was on the news tonight that a sudden jump in Liverpool was because some of the figures have only just been added going back to March 19th.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Recommended to me by a friend who is a lecturer at the University of Strathclyde for explaining to a general audience.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

6 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Yes - we really do have to watch out for this sort of nonsense. Social media has a role to play here.

14 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

It seems I will be going to 4 days a week and losing 20% of my pay as a result. I have mixed feelings about this.

Hope you're okay. Mrs Ginger took an expected pay cut yesterday. We'll be fine but it makes life that bit harder in general.

42 minutes ago, redjonn said:

If football matches are a reason for these hotspots then why has Cumbria developed into one as well?  

Just wondering.

10 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

If football matches are a reason for these hotspots then why has Cumbria developed into one as well?  

Just wondering.

Cumbria has large numbers of Chinese tourists.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

33 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

It seems I will be going to 4 days a week and losing 20% of my pay as a result. I have mixed feelings about this.

I was put on that but then before it came into effect (apr1) they changed it to furlough with no top up, so 80% pay 0 days a week

26 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Recommended to me by a friend who is a lecturer at the University of Strathclyde for explaining to a general audience.

The link to the Icelandic study (not peer reviewed afaik) I put above claims to have found 40 mutations in those studied. The original article is unfortunately in Icelandic.

Archived