6 minutes ago, redjonn said:

their must come a time when they have no more storage space... unless they are filling the garages, or building sheds and tents in the garden for storage etc..

Then shops and shelves return to normal once the panic buying peaks/filters out....as it can't go on unless they have an unlimited amount of money and are able to store huge quantities....

It's nuts.  And we have zero supply chain issues.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, ckn said:

As an aside, how many of you know about this set of emergency legislation that was passed here?

Some big old chunks of deprivation of liberty in there, and a two year window on them expiring. 

If people used some common sense, it wouldn't be required. The problem with common sense, is its not that common. 

The amount of elderly people I have seen at various locations today, is staggering.

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I was hoping it might be other factors that I like such as Sumo wrestling, sushi and Takeshi’s Castle that might be vital here!

A contributory factor might be the wide and deep moat that surrounds Japan. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

Norway government announced a total lock town at 18:00 this evening.

During the day a doctor was on site to test one of the boys and he said this is only the start and its going to be a long time before this virus is under control.

With the announcement that as from monday at 08:00 all borders into Norway will be closed and all ports and international flights will be stopped plus what the doctor said  there was a mad rush to try and get home any way we can.

Though our quarantine is not over (officialy) until monday we have authority to try and leave the country.

I have fallen lucky and got a flight in the morning.

I bet Gardermoan Oslo airport is chaos ;-(

Im not sure if I will have to do a 14 day self isolation once i get home due to the fact I have travelled from  a "hot spot"  .

A lot of the polish guys are heading on the ferry to Denmark  this evening then another ferry to Poland tomorrow afternoon. 

I am not sure if they have taken the right option because as from midday today  (saturday) Denmark also announced a total lockdown on anyone apart from residents entering the country.

Maybe the guys will be refused entry and be stuck on the boat !!!!!

Europe just got crazier.

15 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

The media exacerbating everything again3.

Fit , healthy we will be fine

Is what they are doing in other countries successful??

Should we follow the???

Countries around the world are in lockdown and it's the MEDIA who are exacerbating things.

Do you even think before you type the same old stuff over and over?

• Like 5

It was paywalled but now free for all.

29 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I am so glad I don't live in a city.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It was paywalled but now free for all.

That's an excellent piece.  Spot on.  Hopefully that will be circulated widely.

17 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

That's an excellent piece.  Spot on.  Hopefully that will be circulated widely.

Yes, my only issue with it was the bit about them telling people to stay at home even with the mildest symptoms. I'm afraid that just ain't true. The guidelines on when to self-isolate were pretty wishy-washy, it's if you have a cough or a fever, and the cough has to be new and continuous. We know that not everyone has those symptoms, and the caveat of new and continuous is unnecessary and confusing. 'New', when from? The amount of people who have been 'under the weather' but with a cough they described as flemmy, but are just cracking on is staggering. Considering other countries are keeping healthy people off the streets, I think it is wrong to say that we have told even those with the mildest symptoms to self isolate. We haven't. 

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Britain's finest were doing us proud beforehand.

I went to our local Costco on Friday and as I walked into the store a store assistant came over and was going to spray and wipe the handle of the shopping trolley I had.  Now that is all well and good, but she was a bit confused when I told her not to bother as I had already been pushing the trolley from the outside trolley bay to the store entrance. 

Also I do hope that all of those people that have stock-piled toilet roll still have a load left when the virus has disappeared, then I hope that those same people get severe constipation so that they cannot use the toilet paper and have to use a big stick to ease the constipation.

Much is being made this morning of the success of South Korea in slowing the spread down to less than 100 cases a day.

Now I really don't understand a lot of all this but when they reopen everything are cases not just going to rise again? Then what is the solution, to close everything again? Surely, if they repeat the process like this they'll be left with years of disruption. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

The media exacerbating everything again3.

Fit , healthy we will be fine

Is what they are doing in other countries successful??

Should we follow the???

Why is there such a strong consensus that we should let the unfit, unhealthy, old die without giving a ####? Is this where we are as a species?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

37 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Why is there such a strong consensus that we should let the unfit, unhealthy, old die without giving a ####? Is this where we are as a species?

Much of the response on twitter to the 10 deaths yesterday, was "stop scaremongering with headlines, tell us how many were old or had other conditions", as though that makes the deaths fine or exempt. 

A tactic that was used on this very board too remember. 

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Much is being made this morning of the success of South Korea in slowing the spread down to less than 100 cases a day.

Now I really don't understand a lot of all this but when they reopen everything are cases not just going to rise again? Then what is the solution, to close everything again? Surely, if they repeat the process like this they'll be left with years of disruption. 

One report I was reading said the slow down in Korea was due to the efforts made concerning one church/cult in Daegu.  They have stopped the spread there and slowed things down massively.  However cases in other cities are now beginning to rise.  So the big slowdown in one area is masking the growth in others in the headline numbers?

*usual caveats of it was only one article that I can’t find now.

I can tell you right now 100% my 92yr old grandparents will not voluntarily quarantine themselves. One of them yesterday told me coronavirus was "total ######", this coming from a woman who swears maybe once every 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

How many deaths from coronavirus worldwide? 10k? 

What's the panic? do all the basic things we will be fine all this mass hysteria is crazy. 

Do you have the first clue as to how China and South Korea got the virus under control? Or are you just a bloviating bar room bore who thinks he knows better about every single subject because experts aren't to be trusted?

• Like 5

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I can tell you right now 100% my 92yr old grandparents will not voluntarily quarantine themselves. One of them yesterday told me coronavirus was "total ######", this coming from a woman who swears maybe once every 5 years. 

I hate to say and I mean this generally not specifically to your family but perhaps a culling of the morons from our society would be a sliver of silver lining. Unfortunately you can't target it with such precision and they'll just infect people who do take precautions.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Do you have the first clue as to how China and South Korea got the virus under control? Or are you just a bloviating bar room bore who thinks he knows better about every single subject because experts aren't to be trusted?

No I'm just not panicking about getting a cold/flu . I trust our experts they are doing things differently to other countries whove not exactly been brilliant in sorting it in their own back yard.